It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn......my dog is fat!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
OK, here is my theory...Dogs and Cats that always have food available, including "people" food.....are not as likely to overeat.....me and my Sis have argued about this...but her dogs go nuts when it's time to eat.....my dogs...like to eat...but it is not the highlight of thier day...and they are exercised regularly...her Dogs are much more "motivated" by food...maybe I just got lucky?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

If I'm keeping an animal, it's going to be for food or burden. You want to do what's right for an animal? Set it free if you're not going to use it for food or burden. Let it live naturally, and stop loving them so much that you would put an animal before another human. That is a sickness.

It's a dog.
It's not a wolf, a coyote, or a fox.
Even cats can be wild.
Not dogs. A domestic dog, let loose, is a death sentence for the dog.

Dogs were domesticated as pets. Even dogs that guard livestock, or are sledding transportation, or hunting companions, are pets first.
Even work dogs are pets, or they don't work.

You don't understand dogs, or their relationship with their humans.
Why bother posting here?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't keep animals for pets - I hate the idea of it.

If I'm keeping an animal, it's going to be for food or burden. You want to do what's right for an animal? Set it free if you're not going to use it for food or burden. Let it live naturally, and stop loving them so much that you would put an animal before another human. That is a sickness.

Taking a dog to the vet, if it's not for burden, is like throwing money away. You want to give money away, give it to a homeless shelter or something.

What on earth do you mean by keeping an animal for burden?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by HelenConway

I'm one of the most caring people I know - especially around these forums. You all just don't understand what you're doing.

Keeping animals as emotional toys and then falling in love with them, as to choose an animal over a human.

Again, I say let them be free if you're not going to use them for food or burden. You guys are the ones keeping them as some weird emotional slave, or whatever you call a pet.

How can that be so if you say things that are so clearly from a closed heart.
I feel sad for you if you cannot appreciate life and love - as in the life of this planet. Including dogs - Gods chosen creatures [ DOG = GOD]

BTW dogs have golden hearts - you could learn alot from their unconditional love,
edit on 12-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Some of the dogs breed to be pets wouldn't fair well, that's true, but that should speak more against breeding dogs just to be pets, shouldn't it?

As for a common mutt, they can survive in the right areas as a feral dog.

I'm not going to claim to know if the first wolf was used for burden or for a pet, but if it was for being a pet, then I can't condone it.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You are showing your ignorance, Domesticated dogs based on genetic testing have been apart of mans life for some 30k-40k years.

Thats longer than the rise of our modern society, to simply abandon them at this point would be the in-humane thing to do.

We made them this dependent on us, so some of us chose to shoulder the responsibility man has created that we call pet ownership.

Some like you would rather not and thats ok, but dont disguise your dog hating as doing the right thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't keep animals for pets - I hate the idea of it.

Taking a dog to the vet, if it's not for burden, is like throwing money away. You want to give money away, give it to a homeless shelter or something.

I'd save my cats before I'd save half the humans I know.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

burden would mean task in this example. An animal that serves to do work for you. Goats for clearing land, cats for catching disease carrying rats, dogs to heard sheep, dogs for hunting, dogs for police force, ox for plows, horses for load barring, hawks for rabbit hunting (especially cool).

All that sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I don't hate dogs. What the heck?

I dislike people's attitude towards pets - that's all.

eta this specifically: "I'd save my cats before I'd save half the humans I know. "
edit on 4/12/2013 by Bleeeeep because: edited again for "the heck"

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

I don't hate dogs. What he heck?

I dislike people's attitude towards pets - that's all.

eta this specifically: "I'd save my cats before I'd save half the humans I know. "
edit on 4/12/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

So you hate cats too. What a surprise.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

Have to give you a star for that. Pretty funny.

I heard cats were the only animal to domesticate themselves. Cool huh? Probably went in for the rats that hung around people?

But yeah, didn't mean to judge you in the above post, just the attitude towards your pets or even keeping them just for pets. Sorry about that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why does it chap your butt that people love and care for and about animals?

My cats and horses enrich my life by their mere presence.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Dude you have to walk him each day!!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I gave you a star for a sence of humor....and perhaps you are being misunderstood here? I too have had moral dilemnas on how we treat animals....I do believe you can "train" an animal, although I dislike that term...we could discuss all day how "moral" this is....great, caring people have very different ideas then I do...I can only say my animal babies don't need to be "formally" trained to be wonderful, loving, healthy, and loyal family members.....If I ask my animals nice, they really do understand....and if they they lay low at Easter dinner while the Grandparents are here, they will have a big treat coming...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

There's 3 problems I see with it.

1. Because people keep them for no other reason than to be a toy or some emotional support slave. Yes animals have emotions, no question, but the emotions they show you are shown because they think of you as being in their pack, because you feed them - they have Stockholm syndrome lol.

2. Loving animals, as pet owners do, corrupts the mind. Humans should care more for their fellow man than their beasts. Stop slaving them as toys and emotional whatever slaves.

3. Really bad stuff can come from loving animals too much... agenda 21, peta, green peace, etc, thus pet lovers aid in the fall of man. Too much scooby doo, brian griffin, mickey mouse, etc. It's like a conspiracy and no one sees it. There will come a day when there are few beasts and man will have to decide between beasts and man. The animal lovers will choose beasts.

The beasts are here for us, not the other way around. I think you guys care too much for them. That's all.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm waiting for you to throw a Bible.

***THUMP***

Yep. There it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

If you're Native American than your connection with animals might be viewed as spiritual bonds, so I can't even address that. I don't know enough about that culture really.

As far as it being moral or not, I think loving them as pet owners do is not. I think people should not keep them for just some pet or because you love cats or dogs.

If the OP is worried about his watch dog then that's one thing, but when people say go spend $200-1k at the vet, it has feelings too! Then no, just get a new watch dog.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

Not that opinions have to exclude religion, but my argument is not solely based in it. Animals as emotional slaves (pets) and the love of animals, as pet owners have, is not good for people.

People before pets. Lets start that organization. Shall we? PBP! All charitable donations will go to people!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Can we see a picture of the gravitationally challenged cretin please...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I am not Native American....I was very influenced by thier culture though,,,and was a Blue Bird and Indian Maiden as a kid...probably the "liberal" version of Brownies and Girl Scouts...I have always Loved Nature and Animals...and I learned much of that from PEOPLE...

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats, all rescue animals....no doubt in my mind it is a mutually beneficial relationship for all of us...they Love us and we Love them...just that simple for me.......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join