It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Groups Claim Big Win In Battle Against " Climate Denialist" Approach In School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
How does happen?

The subject of "Man Made Global Warming" is trivial at best. Those who support the theory versus those who don't are very passionate.

But why the push to educate our children on pseudo science? There remains no concrete proof that the earth is being affected by man made change.

It would be like teaching our children that Santa Claus is real.

The Next Generation Science Standards call for sweeping changes in America’s science classrooms. For the first time middle schoolers would be required to learn about man-made climate change, and high schoolers to understand that “human activities, such as the release of greenhouse gases from burning fossil fuels, are major factors in the current rise in Earth’s mean surface temperature.”

[url=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/11/global-warming-groups-claim-big-win-in-battle-against-climate-denialist-approach-in-schools/]SOURCE[/u rl]

Why the need to indoctrinate?

I think a class teaching the science of sun cycles would be more appropriate, don't you?
edit on 11-4-2013 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- All Caps Title Don't Use Them. Please use EX tags, not quote for external content.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
well, when you have a none existant problem, giving your money to all gore will fix it
all children must learn this inconvenient truth
or else

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

This is outragous!! They are tired of arguing with the rest of us, so just brainwash our kids and when they grow up they will be happy to pay for a carbon tax! Ugh!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Climate change is real. Man plays a part in this. None of this requires taxes to be levied. Buying less and wasting less is the way to fix it no matter what the cause. Combine trips to the store and don't be flying all over the world.

I feel like a parrot, the cure is the same no matter what the cause, pollute less and we will have a better life here on earth. Buy new only when you have to, we need trees living in the forest to fix the air. On top of that quit the renewable resource stupidity, we need good soils to grow our foods, not burnt out crap. You get less MPG with corn gas than with regular gas....How dumb of a thing to do.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i cant help but think of george carlins philosophy

i think what they should teach in schools is 'common sense'
edit on 11-4-2013 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Climate change is real. Man plays a part in this. None of this requires taxes to be levied. Buying less and wasting less is the way to fix it no matter what the cause. Combine trips to the store and don't be flying all over the world.

I feel like a parrot, the cure is the same no matter what the cause, pollute less and we will have a better life here on earth. Buy new only when you have to, we need trees living in the forest to fix the air. On top of that quit the renewable resource stupidity, we need good soils to grow our foods, not burnt out crap. You get less MPG with corn gas than with regular gas....How dumb of a thing to do.

Climate change is real, it is all natural, man has a very limited, if an role at all.

Agreed with everything else you said.

All green tech is crap junk science and pipe dreams. Ethanol being one of the worst, as it only makes food more expensive.

Grain liquor if for doing shots of whiskey on ladies night, I though everyone knew this.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You mean some schools are going to teach actual science... in a science class, instead of creationism and climate change isn't real because of God? These schools are going to teach that peer review and consensus mean something and how cherry picking research papers isn't intellectually honest?

Amazing, Koch finally loses a little ground.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

We have a five percent influence on it but that five percent presently is enough to tip the scale. If we lowered our emissions by even fifteen percent, it would be plenty to slow the progression down a little. It is too late for us to stop it now, what is done is done. We just have to keep it from getting a lot worse..

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

You mean some schools are going to teach actual science... in a science class, instead of creationism and climate change isn't real because of God? These schools are going to teach that peer review and consensus mean something and how cherry picking research papers isn't intellectually honest?

Amazing, Koch finally loses a little ground.

Where is the "actual science?"

Fact: The earth has undergone several warm up periods over the millennia, long before industrialized man was to blame. I don't want to waste my time sourcing this, as you can use google as well as I can.

Science is that the sun goes through increased sunspot activity which causes the earth to warm and cool. Thats what should be taught. Not the geopolitical nonsense of "global warming."

How convenient (an inconvenient truth) it is that the term "Global Warming" was good enough for Al Gore all of these years, and now, when faced with factual science that the earth is not warming, we now have the term "Climate Change" ?

Yes, Climate changes. But not by the hand of man.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I'm guessing that it wouldn't matter if did I show the actual science. You're obviously indoctrinated by the denial machine. I've gone the rounds over and over with other posters feel free to browse my post history, I'm not feeling indulgent tonight.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Are they going to teach them that "Global Warming" ended about 20 years ago?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

howabout we teach children about REAL pollution? sulfides, and other toxic chemicals released in refining and manufacturing.

because there is money to be made selling people a product that solves a solution, even if that solution is only perceived.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You mean some schools are going to teach actual science... in a science class, instead of creationism and climate change isn't real because of God? These schools are going to teach that peer review and consensus mean something and how cherry picking research papers isn't intellectually honest? Amazing, Koch finally loses a little ground.

all the climategate leaked emails and research was "peer reviewed". the temperature of the planet fluctuates, it always has and always will.

i can imagine in the far future people saying "the ice age is coming, quick, burn tires to stop it!!!"

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Interestingly that is the same thing that came to mind, prepare the littler children and brain wash them with manufactured global warming crap and let them believe that is all their fault and they have to pay for it, so some corrupted opportunist can fill his dirty pockets on fearmongering.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Global warming... more like Mini Ice age... National Solar Observatory and the Air force research lab are studying the low solar activity.

I'm a big fan of Suspicious Observer on Youtube, he really does his homework and is clear in his explanation:

There are so many scientists saying now that a solar minimum is causing the world to cool... effecting the weather and the trend is alleged to continue. RealClimate.org has another great article. But according to Science Magazine, the fact is that scientists don't know what the minimum's full impact will be.
The warming trend is NOT human made... It's happening on other planets as well!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Agenda 21 and the planned One World Government. That's the answer. Just about everything we see going on these days is part of that, whether it's Chem trails, vaccines, GMO frankenfoods, Common Core centralized educational curriculum going around States rights, fake hockey stick graphs and fearmongering little children in the schools about global warming, the Story of Stuff, conservation easements to save spotted owls, bike paths to get people out of their cars, mortgage crisis to get people out of single family homes and into condos and apartments in crowded urban areas, union garbage collectors running up costs, rising taxes and inflation, unwarranted wars and interventions, fiat money, thought police and a need to focus on "tolerance" to solve complex issues, redistribution of income and silly rhetoric about "paying your fair share"(from Obama speeches including the most recent one where he tries to sell his budget proposal which Sean Hannity aptly called something which rhymes with trap, and many many other things, too many to name.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Says it all really.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I'm guessing that it wouldn't matter if did I show the actual science. You're obviously indoctrinated by the denial machine. I've gone the rounds over and over with other posters feel free to browse my post history, I'm not feeling indulgent tonight.

I am far from having been indoctrinated. I am a scientist.

Maybe you missed this recent news article:

In a new study, scientists used modern methods to double-check the match between the Mayan Long Count calendar and the modern European calendar. Understanding how the two coincide is important, because research on the rise and fall of the Maya suggests that climate change spelled their doom. To be certain of that link, however, researchers have to be able to match carved Maya historical records with dates in the modern calendar.

Really? What, the Mayans were driving their Hummers too much causing green house gas emissions?

The funny thing is that the source is from the left leaning, Gore supporting, NBC news media.

SOURCE

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

howabout we teach children about REAL pollution? sulfides, and other toxic chemicals released in refining and manufacturing.

because there is money to be made selling people a product that solves a solution, even if that solution is only perceived.

Pollution does not equal Climate Change. It equals a dirty and an unsafe environment.

Reminds me of the ads from the 70s with the indian dropping tears because of pollution.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Pollution does not equal Climate Change. It equals a dirty and an unsafe environment.

Reminds me of the ads from the 70s with the indian dropping tears because of pollution.

i know it doesn't, and that's the point. i'd much rather kids learn about all the problems our "civilized" society is causing through consumerism than the incorrect theory that human carbon dioxide emissons are warming the planet at a rate that is going to kill us all, and the only solution is more taxes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join