It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Kelly Warns: Don't filibuster gun control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

I'm just wondering if you understand the meaning of the word "hypocrisy"?

We've seen this man's actions, and they just don't jibe with his words.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Like they say, there's no bad dogs - just bad dog owners. Show some responsibility with a dangerous weapon.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by neo96
It needs to be filbusted why does a person need to ask permission to own a firearm?

Really someone explain it to me?

Background check did not stop the Newton shooter, Didn't stop the Columbine shooters.

So again why?

So you think that it would be ok for someone to walk out of prison and be able to buy a gun?

Buster I don't think anyone is saying that... well Neo might be... and that's his deal.... but I think most of us find these laws to be completely and totally useless..

They make it sound like there is nothing to going and buying a gun... you just go in, pick on out and then leave.

This couldn't be further from the truth. When you buy a gun, even in the most relaxed states, you already go through a federal background check. Sometimes, even in states that don't require a waiting period, the FBI will ask for one and the gun shops will oblige until they (the FBI) waves you through.

Another misconception.. When you buy a gun from a gun show. You undergo an FBI background check. The only time you don't is if it is a private civilian deal. Like a guy selling one of his hunting rifles to a friend.

The laws they are writing do not make sense.. They are not only almost impossible to enforce, will not prevent any sort of violent crime or school shooting and will only make private citizens more vulnerable and more appealing of a target for criminals.

If they would suggest something that makes sense then maybe they would get more support. I could proudly stand by a law, policy or program that would actually make a difference. I think many gun owners and gun enthusiasts are with me on this.

Not to mention... If they want gun control or a gun ban that's fine with me. They would just have to do it legally..

I will stand by it once they pass a 28th amendment to the constitution limiting the 2nd. Then it would be constitutional.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Nicks87

I refuse to sit here and watch ATS become the propaganda wing of the NRA.

That's not what it was EVER about.

I will keep my toys where they are until people like you find another venue to spout your pro-gun nonsense.

I mean, what happened to this place? Even Fragile Earth isn't immune from the AGW denier bull#.

I will give up my 2nd amendment rights when you give up your first amendment rights. That way we can fight together or you can suffer alone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join