It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gives a crap about the new pope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

IMO, ALL religion is obsolete, evil, and detrimental to the human race. Brainwashing and "hidden" agendas are not good for ANYONE.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
S+F!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hooray. Somebody else to molest innocent children.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The human race isn't very intelligent.

We have people believing that sky fairies with magical powers from other planets, are kidnapping them from the their bedrooms... so eh. surprise surprise..

We have even dumber people believing it.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Does anyone give a crap about a Pope outside of the die hards?

I'd think Vatican is waning.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I heard about some talking about the fact th don't believe in God and were goign to disprove him.

?????

They are going to disprove something that doesn't exist? (using their logic.... did I say logic?)

Oh man, these debates are funny.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Yep. Gotta wonder why all this hype about something that is totally controversial and considered by many to be one of the top contenders for the greatest con ever - damn, that is a lot of cons...

and ... you said it

It really irks me that this is being given as much significance by people as it is. It doesn't reflect very highly on the intelligence of the human race.

Few take the time to explore what they (think they) believe in and just accept the belief that is passed down to them, not choosing (or fearing) to test the poorly veiled threats that are designed to suppress dissenters.

All the contradictions, all the evidence to show that this is a grand conspiracy, all the awful things that have been perpetrate in the name of this religion, all the things that have been hidden, all the lies, .... - none of these seem to make any difference once one is under this inherited spell that is passed down from generation to generation.

No comprendo

edit on 14-3-2013 by KenArten because: correction and addition

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I'm already tired of the media frenzy surrounding the new pope.

Me too! Hence why I don't watch the tv about it.

So a new guy is selected to put on a bunch of expensive bling and prance around in a ridiculous costume while espousing his ideas and interpretations of things people wrote thousands of years ago that we all know is a bunch of BS anyway, and the media deems it more newsworthy than anything else.

There should be a religious news feed which broadcasts specifically this. All other news should focus on current events and breakthroughs in technology, science, and world news important to us.

A few thousand years ago, some people discovered a powerful secret: the ability to make others feel guilty allows you to influence their behavior..

This would be the quote of the day for me. Great thread, great rant, I am 100% with you on this one

S&F
edit on 14-3-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
another old man gets to put on a dress? STOP THE PRESS.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Evolution is a theory, not a faith.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just another new CEO for Catholicism, Inc.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nothing but a distraction for the sheeple! It's like millions of deer caught in the headlights.

First run story in the MSM for the past two days.

To be honest, I don't even know what a pope is, why they ride in golf carts, hide behind bullet proof glass or make up silly names for themselves and I'm not interested in knowing. I've been to a couple of friends events where I somehow ended up in one of those cathedrals where people act stupid following stupid customs eating stale crackers and drinking crappy wine or kool-aid and I always wondered how dumb can people be to fall for this crap when they could be out in the sun enjoying life.

The same as all the "royals" stories the MSM pushes, like why do I give a flying f what prince harry f potter is doing today or William the bald and his boney looking pale wife for that matter. They haven't done anything out of the ordinary that anybody else couldn't do given the same resources.
edit on 3/14/13 by verylowfrequency because: god told me to fix it

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I found a statistic on net the other that claimed that over 806 billion human deaths have occurred due to religious wars over the last few thousand years.

We can apparently put a man on the moon but can not release ourselfs from the trance that's tell us all we are here for a reason.

Strange.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
...I somehow ended up in one of those cathedrals where people act stupid following stupid customs eating stale crackers and drinking crappy wine or kool-aid....

Bwhahahaah....that's because church people are cheap but glorify an object into the greatest masterpiece the universe has ever seen...and God wants you to eat stale bread and watered down wine anyways

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You just look for any reason to slam on anything related to religion. Grow up.
edit on Thu Mar 14 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

You just look for any reason to slam on anything related to religion. Grow up.

People have their own views on religion so keep in mind it is just an opinion. No need to grow up just be aware that someone may view the topic of religion differently from others

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

......it matters not - it is all part of The Agenda - that being the total domination of the individual and every aspect of his/her life.

The Agenda: How the Elitists are Ordering the New World.

Sounds like a great TV series akin to Lost and Fringe.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Not in the slightest, but I figure to each their own. My non belief of anything religious or any religious person is no more valid than their belief of said religion and religious people. So long as their beliefs do not interfere with me not believing then to each their own.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

I agree

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join