It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gives a crap about the new pope

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm already tired of the media frenzy surrounding the new pope. So a new guy is selected to put on a bunch of expensive bling and prance around in a ridiculous costume while espousing his ideas and interpretations of things people wrote thousands of years ago that we all know is a bunch of BS anyway, and the media deems it more newsworthy than anything else. The pope doesn't contribute anything valuable to society whatsoever; he isn't creating a new product to make our lives better and more efficient, he isn't curing any diseases, and he isn't fighting to expose injustices (and in fact is probably fighting to cover them up.)

What I'd like to know is where is the frenzy about the latest research being done to cure AIDS, or to develop more efficient sources of energy? Where are the front page media reports about the 30,000 people who died yesterday of starvation and what is or isn't being done to solve this problem? IMO, those things ought to be on the front pages, and the pope story ought to be relegated to the 'Offbeat' section of the local paper.

Here's a brief crash course in religion: A few thousand years ago, some people discovered a powerful secret: the ability to make others feel guilty allows you to influence their behavior.. All religion is is an exploitation of this fact. A few thousand years went by with nobody becoming any the wiser, and after all the cruelties and injustices caused by religion, some guy came along and told them they were doing it all wrong. Be nice to people or you'll go to hell, he said. Sure, it got people to be nice to eachother, which was an improvement, but it was still the same old ruse: use fear and guilt to manipulate behavior. Then his teachings were mixed with a bunch of other pagan ideas and a new religion was born. Of course, mankind loving power as much as they do, built this new religion up to become the most powerful entity in the world and suppressed all kinds of important scientific truths, burned people at the stake who disagreed with them, and perpetuated some of the worst injustices in history. They've since mellowed down a bit, but a couple billion people still waste their lives away participating in this delusional fantasy.

It really irks me that this is being given as much significance by people as it is. It doesn't reflect very highly on the intelligence of the human race.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
pope... president.... CEO....

same crap, different guy, big whoop!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I wonder if the new guy fought along side the Nazis
like the last one did.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Good rant....

and indeed..t.o answer the question in the subject...

I certainly don't give a crap...but unfortunately, a billion brainwashed individuals do. Somehow, they think it has something to do with their lives...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

It doesn't reflect very highly on the intelligence of the human race.

I second this statement.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Tell the new pope I am looking forward to eating a fat juicy medium rare top sirloin steak on Good Friday and I have increased my beer drinking and other bad habits during lent.

LOL @ the "POPE" and all that him and his counterfeit religion stand for!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's funny...the other day, I saw an article that listed (according to the faithful) the desired qualities of the next pope.

Out of the 10 qualities, the new choice meets only ONE...he's not a European....

He's still too old, too reserved, etc., etc.

And this is of course if you even cared... He's an obsolete figurehead, of a nearly obsolete religion. This guy is going to eventually resign for health reasons also.

Then again, what do you expect from a bunch of guys who elected a former Nazi who is a dead ringer for Emperor Palpatine last time....???

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

To answer your question... 1.2 billion people give a crap about the new Pope... I am not one of them. To me, he is just another global elitist.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

To me, he is just another global elitist.

Exactly, just another name to blame for the same old game

Now, if he actually used his power to change the way the church works/acts/etc for the better, THEN it would be worth knowing his name.

Famous for doing something not just for being something should be the way it works
edit on 14-3-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

What I'd like to know is where is the frenzy about the latest research being done to cure AIDS

The Vatican and previous Popes have are guilty of using their influence to prevent the use of condoms which therefore leads to the spread of aids. Which is one of the many reasons that leads me to belive they are part of globalist agenda for global depopulation of certain demographics...just an opinion of mine of course.

Even though they provide funding for aids research and treatment, there is a bigger picture many people are not seeing.

The last two times the pope discussed preventing HIV, he caused enormous controversy. In March 2009, on a previous trip to Africa, he acknowledged the HIV crisis, but claimed that condoms aggravated the problem. In fact, he said, condom use "increases the problem". The pope quickly found that few Catholics and even fewer medical professionals agreed with his stance. Several bishops in Africa, especially Bishop Kevin Dowling of Rustenburg in South Africa, have been outspoken in their support of the use of condoms. Anecdotal evidence also suggests that many people who work with Catholic relief agencies distribute condoms to those at risk of infection.

For the Catholic hierarchy to deny the role that condoms play in preventing the further spread of HIV is irresponsible and dangerous. Not only that, the Catholic hierarchy has lobbied governments in the global north against the inclusion of funding for condoms in development aid programs. The result is to deny the poorest of the poor in the global south the chance of protecting themselves by using condoms.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Who gives a crap about the new pope,

Not me, but what does concern me is why do they insist on hiring people who look like Sith Lords? This guy doesnt look like a nice guy, in fact he looks like something I'm not allowed to say because of T&C's, so I wont even go there

Nice thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
well to me he is the head of the biggest criminal organization in the world,
i.e. he is the head of the biggest paedophelia group in the world
and when a priest was caught they just moved them to a different diocese
they were'nt sacked. so this indicates organization

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Civilization on this planet is no more than a garish caricature of a true civilization, imagined by a madman and slopped across the pages of history in bold blood-red ink. Popes and all.

Popery represents a cynical mockery of everything decent and civilized. They are there to help ensure that we never wake up from this nightmare and progress into true humanity.

But, aside from that, everybody have a nice day....

edit on 3/14/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Who gives a crap about the new pope

Didn't give a crap before why should I start now..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
well to me he is the head of the biggest criminal organization in the world,
i.e. he is the head of the biggest paedophelia group in the world
and when a priest was caught they just moved them to a different diocese
they were'nt sacked. so this indicates organization

He is King of the Peados..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Who gives a crap about the new pope?

Not I, but I will not deny that I am quite fond of the Pope's PartyWagon (aka The Popemobile).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/wq5141da47.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Its not his god hes worried about

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Firstly, I am not interested in the new pope - I am the master of my own destiny.

But check this out...........

I'm already tired of the media frenzy surrounding the new president/elected leader. So a new guy is selected to put on a bunch of expensive bling and prance around in a ridiculous costume while espousing his ideas and interpretations of things people wrote thousands of years ago that we all know is a bunch of BS anyway, and the media deems it more newsworthy than anything else. The president/elected leader doesn't contribute anything valuable to society whatsoever; he isn't creating a new product to make our lives better and more efficient, he isn't curing any diseases, and he isn't fighting to expose injustices (and in fact is probably fighting to cover them up.)

What I'd like to know is where is the frenzy about the latest research being done to cure AIDS.................and the president/elected leader story ought to be relegated to the 'Offbeat' section of the local paper.

Here's a brief crash course in politics/population control: A few thousand years ago, some people discovered a powerful secret: the ability to make others feel guilty allows you to influence their behaviour.. All politics/population control is an exploitation of this fact. A few thousand years went by with nobody becoming any the wiser, and after all the cruelties and injustices caused by politics/population control, some individuals came along and told them they were doing it all wrong. Be nice to people or you'll go to jail/be executed, they said. Sure, it got people to be nice to each other, which was an improvement, but it was still the same old ruse: use fear and guilt to manipulate behaviour. Then their teachings were mixed with a bunch of other political ideas and a new system/country was born. Of course, mankind loving power as much as they do, built this new system/country up to become the most powerful entity in the world (any guesses?) and suppressed all kinds of important scientific truths, burned people at the stake/assassinated people who disagreed with them, and perpetuated some of the worst injustices in history. They've since mellowed down a bit/changed tactics, but a couple billion (7 billion - give or take) people still waste their lives away participating in this delusional fantasy.

It really irks me that this is being given as much significance by people as it is. It doesn't reflect very highly on the intelligence of the human race.

The Pope, The president, The Prime minister, The King, The Queen, The General........it matters not - it is all part of The Agenda - that being the total domination of the individual and every aspect of his/her life.

If we do not unite against the tyranny that exists in the world (religious, political, military), and soon, we are headed for slavery of a kind the world has never witnessed!

So, my question is........what are we going to do about it?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
LOVE ur rant! Couldn't agree more.
S+F

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
We all know that 1.2 billion or so Catholics give a darn about the new Pope, but the elite level of world governance cares too. From a very cursory glance at his bio, I would say the new guy fits in very well with the aims and asperations of the global elite. He is going to be the gatekeeper to end all gatekeepers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join