It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Filibustering Over Drones: I Will Not Let Obama ‘Shred the Constitution’

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Rand Paul stuck his neck out there for 13 hours with the only eyes on him being cspan2 watchers and absolutely no guarantee of an Internet explosion while Obama dined with establishment neocons and we have some on ate calling the filibuster a 'dog and pony show' and 'exploitation'?

Get real and quit trolling. Even liberals and progressives who have absolutely No reason to like rand Paul, get it.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Whether Rand is a shill or he is just playing the game in order to get in a better position, he still stood up and rang the bell. Now this issue [drones] is at least being talked about nationwide, which was his point and he is not done raising issues. Per Rand himself; ...just the beginning...

I wanted to sound an alarm bell from coast to coast. I wanted everybody to know that our Constitution is precious and that no American should be killed by a drone without first being charged with a crime. As Americans, we have fought long and hard for the Bill of Rights. The idea that no person shall be held without due process, and that no person shall be held for a capital offense without being indicted, is a founding American principle and a basic right.

edit on 3/8/2013 by GaucheDroite because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/8/2013 by GaucheDroite because: needed to edit some words

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i hear you guys, i wish drones were abolished...
its just not right, it's like a video game come to real life where you have people flying drones around picking people off..

it's just not Humane..

from my point of view it is dumb, lol

i can see it's an affective way to kill someone, but is killing someone really that important to life?

lol

really..in reality if you kill someone you are just killing yourself.

all souls are from/of source and harming one soul is harming one self.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Rand Paul stuck his neck out there for 13 hours with the only eyes on him being cspan2 watchers and absolutely no guarantee of an Internet explosion while Obama dined with establishment neocons and we have some on ate calling the filibuster a 'dog and pony show' and 'exploitation'?

Get real and quit trolling. Even liberals and progressives who have absolutely No reason to like rand Paul, get it.

I like Rand Paul but I don't like republicans. If the republicans have any brains left in them they would be wise to push him for the 2016 national elections, but it seems "the matrix" runs deep. Who owns the republican party anyway? Not the people!

The democrats are just as pathetic. I used to be a mild supporter but after Obama no thanks. I intend on voting third party from now on. I like SPUSA and Constitution party. I would definitely rejoice if libertarians won, much better than the two party dictatorship. Anyone that gets us out of the UN elitist club and stops putting sanctions on Iran and North Korea is welcome by me. BTW why don't you participate in the north korea threads? I am getting killed by the trolls.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by averageGuy505
The administration committed to never, ever doing this. Rand Paul has a win

Next up Rand Paul will filibuster the next nominee untilt he administration promises not to detain US citizens in Fema camps.

There is a reason that conservative outlets like the WSJ as well as GOP slammed Rand Paul for this...it was theater...

Does it feel good to post on ATS and parrot MSM talking points?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This is why I've lost hope in America.

Even if some true patriot senator or congressman started speaking out against the corrupt govt they would just be delegitimized by people who buy into the system. The same people who cry on ATS about how fed up they are with the govt are the same ones trivializing/demonizing Paul's filibuster.

If you want true change, in the direction the govt is moving, people like Rand Paul are the ones to support but instead these pedantic believers in the false left-right paradigm just say "oh it's just for publicity" yeah it may be but it's the right kind of publicity.

It knocks people out of their trance, just like Alex Jones' Piers Morgan interview. People say his behavior was inappropriate but I think it was what this country needs. A WAKE UP CALL!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You make a great point. He didn't advertise that he was going to do this. From what I have read the only other Sen. that knew about it before he stood up and began speaking was Mike Lee, and he was only told that morning on the floor.

Was he planning on the swell of support that he got throughout the day from other Senators? Did he plan to see the walls of the Senate floor lined with Reps from the house by the end of the night? Did he plan to have the public all turn on C-SPAN? Did he plan to have #standwithrand become the #1 worldwide trend on Twitter? Maybe, but if it was his plan to put on a show for the world then he did a really crappy job of marketing it.

It is just so hard for many to believe that any person in this day and age, much less a politician, would be willing to stand in opposition of the President, Congress, and even powerful members of their own party simply because they believe that something is right. I can certainly understand this skepticism, as this is a very rare occurrence anymore, especially in the realm of U.S. politics.

Whether you like Rand Paul or not. Whether you agree with him or not. At least take the time to admire the man for his conviction, and quite frankly his balls for doing what he did. He did stand against the WH, and the establishment for a purpose that he believed.

The only real questions I had afterwards were 'Will it matter? Can one man make any real difference against an establishment that has raped its people of their liberties for so long?' On Thursday, in a three sentence letter from Eric Holder he got his answer, and so did I. Yes, one man can make a difference, one man can take one the entire system, and he won...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why attack Rand when those that deserve to be attacked are right in front of us?

hotair.com...

“Senator McCain is obviously well aware of the politics of this – he just doesn’t care,” said one McCain aide. “He’s doing what he thinks is right. Unlike many of these guys, he’s actually been involved in a few national security debates over the years. He knows that jumping on the Rand Paul black helicopters crazytrain isn’t good for our Party or our country, no matter what Twitter says.”

McCain called Senators Paul, Cruz, and Congressman Amash (who actually explains every single one of his votes on facebook), "Whacko birds". Where are the "John McCain is a SHILL" posts at!?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

McCain is just jealous...and funny that he was all to willing to go
to dinner with Obama... I well remember the days his talking points
were Obama was palling around with terrorists.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Here is my take of events. Note, they are all ediotorialized for my amusement but based on perceptions given:

Senator Rand Paul is going strong in his fillabuster and at the same time, the President has summoned "top" Republicans to dine with him. In the Jefferson Hotel the following is happening:

President Obama: Uh, gentleman, uh I am glad you can all make it. I do have to address an, uh, issue. Should we be worried about Paul? I mean, he is asking a question that we have been able to uh, you know, uh, side-step since President Bush has been in office.

Senator McCain: Well Mr. President, I have it on good authority that I will be able to diffuse the situation by reading from an op-ed post tomorrow morning. From there, we can frame him and the other young senators as "out of line and touch" to the Republican party. Rest assured Mr. President, we can contain this.

Senator Graham: Yes Mr. President, we still have an inkling of support from the older generations who are so far entrenched in the paradigm, that they will scoff these efforts as nonsense. We can also go out and use this as a turning point, as of a matter of fact, I will say this "I was going to vote no, but because of Mr. Paul's dilusional grandstanding, I decided all of a sudden, Mr. Brennan is perfect for the CIA Director posistion".

President Obama: Heh, well Lindsey....that might be too blunt, get with my speechwriter and he will give you a good talking-point memo that says the same thing but in a better light. I am glad I have you two here to keep this from becoming an issue.

All three: Cheers......

ETA: President Obama: Oh one more thing Linds...I'll throw a bone out there that you can show your outrage to and it will sweep this all under the rug. (See the "sudden" arrest and arrival of Bin Laden's brother-in-law)
edit on 8-3-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Bill Maher just congratulated Rand Paul for doing what he did. Ariana (sp?) Huffington just did too. And Michael Steele, the same. His deed spans all people who really care about constitutional issues.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Here is my take of events. Note, they are all ediotorialized for my amusement but based on perceptions given:

Senator Rand Paul is going strong in his fillabuster and at the same time, the President has summoned "top" Republicans to dine with him. In the Jefferson Hotel the following is happening:

President Obama: Uh, gentleman, uh I am glad you can all make it. I do have to address an, uh, issue. Should we be worried about Paul? I mean, he is asking a question that we have been able to uh, you know, uh, side-step since President Bush has been in office.

Senator McCain: Well Mr. President, I have it on good authority that I will be able to diffuse the situation by reading from an op-ed post tomorrow morning. From there, we can frame him and the other young senators as "out of line and touch" to the Republican party. Rest assured Mr. President, we can contain this.

Senator Graham: Yes Mr. President, we still have an inkling of support from the older generations who are so far entrenched in the paradigm, that they will scoff these efforts as nonsense. We can also go out and use this as a turning point, as of a matter of fact, I will say this "I was going to vote no, but because of Mr. Paul's dilusional grandstanding, I decided all of a sudden, Mr. Brennan is perfect for the CIA Director posistion".

President Obama: Heh, well Lindsey....that might be too blunt, get with my speechwriter and he will give you a good talking-point memo that says the same thing but in a better light. I am glad I have you two here to keep this from becoming an issue.

All three: Cheers......

ETA: President Obama: Oh one more thing Linds...I'll throw a bone out there that you can show your outrage to and it will sweep this all under the rug. (See the "sudden" arrest and arrival of Bin Laden's brother-in-law)
edit on 8-3-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

LOL
awesome, sounds about right...

it's all a puppet show...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Be honest...did you read the actor's parts in your best impersonation of their voices? I know I did as I wrote them.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Brennan takes oath on draft Constitution—without Bill of Rights

That means: No freedom of speech and of the press, no right to bear arms, no Fourth Amendment ban on “unreasonable searches and seizures,” and no right to a jury trial.

How ... symbolic?

news.yahoo.com...

They keep on telling us what they intend and still people are asleep.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

it's all a puppet show...

Where McCain and Graham are concerned,
yes indeed.

McCain is everything that is wrong with the GOP....Linsday is a close second.

Yesterdays mashed potatos.....

edit on 8-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by cornucopia

Be honest...did you read the actor's parts in your best impersonation of their voices? I know I did as I wrote them.

lol, good stuff

yes I did

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Anyone know if this has been corroborated elsewhere - somewhere considered plausible by the types frequenting the halls of these threads?!?!

Answer

Thank you all...

LOVE

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

Yes, Holder did respond...and to that
To my knowledge, Senator Rand Paul, and Cruz have introduced a bill
to prohibit drone slayings ...i.e. killings in America.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

wow... that is scary.

than that means his oath is not "up to date".

The fact that the vice president allowed it speaks volumes.

They are laughing in our faces, and yet people still turn a blind eye.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

They keep on telling us what they intend and still people are asleep.

Yes, this was a big red flag....
Such a pretentious show, go out of the way to pick a document
that does not contain the bill of rights...what are the odds of this
being a mistake?

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join