It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best beer you have ever tasted?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthShine

I like New Belgium beers too - they use wind power, recycle water and are employee owned - Fat Tire is probably my fave right now.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Yeah you gotta have a douche mustache to enjoy a PBR lol. What in reference to the Porter I only get two in the sampler so I haven't had the deal with the heartburn yet, I get heartburn from light beers more often like a heineken light. Some IPA's can do it too but usually I'm in the clear with those. I'll have to give the 3 or more a try and see what happens! Great comments.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey
Probably too many to mention, a number of them already noted here. My favourite at the moment are the offerings from Innes & Gunn, particularly their rum finish variety!

The Canada Day 2012 was smooth as glass...a little sweet, but a nice lingering finish.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsup86
Theres 2 kinds of beers really: beer you can drink when youre thirsty and beer to enjoy the special taste. I prefer the first kind. If i want a drink to enjoy i get a glass of wine.

I can't allow that to slide my friend. What is there not to enjoy about a cold beer going down your throat on a hot or even cold day?

Sure, I enjoy a nice glass of wine every now and then as well, but it needs to be very good Wine or I will wake up with a headache like no other cause of all the sulfates and sugar inside of most of them.

Hell, I drink very good Vodka straight on the rocks all night and wake up fine and far better than even after drinking some very good Vino.

This is a beer thread, not a Wino thread. Just sayin.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have never had a beer in my life so I can't comment on my preference but my hubby enjoys them.

After growing up on Canadian beers, he had a hard time finding American ones that cut the mustard, but he does like the Arrogant Bastard beer that someone mentioned above. Unfortunately they only sell it in singles here, so you feel like a bit of a noob buying it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

LOL! I have had Arrogant Bastard Ale many times, it is a good Ale, a very strong Ale, but great. It's all over the place here in occupied California. There are so many deep body Ales here though it's hard to pick the best.

One of the best Micro-brewed California Ale's ever made is Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale which only comes out right before the Holidays every season.

Another great seasonal bottle of suds that comes out every year is Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. I have never met a human being, not male or female, who could refuse such a grand creation as this. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
drinking st pauli girl tonight,
closest thing to good German beer in the states in my opinion...

Good Lager....

prob, my favorite beer these days in the states...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Seriously, am I the only one that's mentioned Shiner Bock? You guys really need to check it out. It's somewhat hard to find sometimes in states that aren't near Texas, but you can find it in most places that have a wide beer selection.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have been into the porters lately.

I would have to say the best beer I have tasted up to this date has got to be Kulshan Brewing Trans Porter!
Kulshan brewing is a local company in my hometown in NW Washington State.

Mmmmmm.....so damn good.

TRANS-PORTER “Don’t be afraid of the dark!” OG 13 Plato ABV 5.4% IBU 27 Kulshan Porter is brewed in the Brown Porter style. Deep mahogany in color, the beer is topped with a rich mocha-colored head. The roasted barley aroma is accented with notes of coffee and chocolate. The flavor is smooth and silky with roasty-toasty grains blended with coffee, chocolate and a touch of toffee. The aftertaste is smooth and clean.

A close second is Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

Excellent beer!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Being in the brewing industry, here is the list of beers that in my estimation, would be a waste of life if you DIDN'T try:

American Beers

Russian River: Pliney the Elder (full IPA, about 67 IBU's)
Bear Republic: Racer 5 IPA (Awesome beer, hoppy with a clean finish)
Ale Industries: Rye'ed Piper (A rye IPA, interesting flavor and totally drinkable)
Dogfishhead: 90 Minute IPA (Weighs in at about 90 IBU, way hoppy with a good bready finish)
Lagunitas: Hopstoopid (title says it all, 102 IBU's but not bitter)

These are all fairly hoppy beers with a decent to brainsmashing IBU and alcohol %

Best Seasonal Beers

Buffalo Bill's: Pumpkin Ale (Literally like drinking a pumpkin pie)
Sam Adams: Oktoberfest (I know, Sam's didn't even start as an actual brewery, but it is the best selling
Oktoberfest beer in the world for a reason, look it up)
Sierra Nevada: Ovula Quad (Gran Cru, one of the best, don't make plans for the following day)
Anchor Steam: Christmas Ale (recipe changes every year)
Lagunitas: A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale (Summer Ale with a great finish, great for after mowing the lawn)

These beers are available in limited quantity, during certain times of the year. Check your local beer stores for availability

Best Foreign Beers

Chamay: Blue Label (the REAL champagne of beers)
Guiness Brewing co.: Smithwicks (Irish red ale, delicious and clean)
Spaten: Spaten Optimator Dopplebock (pours like a Guiness and drinks like a Lager)
Huyghe Brewery: Delirium Tremens (name says it all, Delirium Tremens is Latin "Shaking Frenzy" or the DT's)
Saxer: Saxer 3 Finger Jack Roasted Red Hefedunkel (hard to find but well worth it, delicious red ale)

So go out there and get a beer and a GOOD ONE!
As my friends say: "It's not that you don't like good beer, it's that you don't KNOW you like good beer!"
Good advice for all you Bud drinkers that just heard they add water to their beer RIGHT BEFORE ITS BOTTLED!
I knew it always tasted watered down but REALLY?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Seriously, am I the only one that's mentioned Shiner Bock? You guys really need to check it out. It's somewhat hard to find sometimes in states that aren't near Texas, but you can find it in most places that have a wide beer selection.

I have had it here in California. Yeah, Shiner Bock is a pretty good pilsner. HinanoTahiti is another good one. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Yeah, it's my favorite, that and Killian's Irish Red (I know Coors makes it, so what?).

I've never been a fan of Guinness or Heineken. Can't remember what Dutch beer I had in the Amsterdam airport, but it was pretty good, maybe Carlsberg??

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Drinking beer is by far my favourite pastime and I think it's fair to say I've become very good at it over the years.
Tried Real Ales and independant stuff.
Drank beer and lager that have been brewed in some weird and wonderful places.
I've been in some weird and wonderful places drinking beer ranging from the poshest bars and clubs to some of the roughest establishments you could imagine and all over Europe be it East, West, North or South.

But for me the best beer's I've ever drank were those from close to home;

Can't beat a bottle of dog, the famous Newcastle Brown Ale;
en.wikipedia.org...

Originally brewed in Sunderland by Vaux it used to be quite common all over North East England, something of a rarity nowadays but still a great drink - I was weaned on this stuff;
en.wikipedia.org...

Then two draught beers from John Smiths.
Magnet was a great drink but changes in the brewing and dispensing processes have affected it's quality over recent years. Needs to be cold and served in an oversized glass with a good head.
www.johnsmiths.co.uk...
John Smith Smooth is a cracking drink that is now a common sight all over the UK - if kept correctly and served cold it's a great pint.
www.johnsmiths.co.uk...

reply to post by KARLOSS28

Good grief, a chimp choker!

To be fair Cameron's Ruby Red isn't a bad pint at all.

ETA
reply to post by intrepid

Many British pubs in Canada. I like the bitters but CHILL THEM!!!!!

One of the many regional variances in the UK - in Southern England Bitter tends to be pulled warm and flat, I find it disgusting - in Northern England and Scotland it tends to be pulled much colder and in the North East and Scotland we like our Bitter to have a large head on it.
When I've visited Wales I struggled to find a beer I liked so I've drank bottles the last couple of times I've been there - of Newcastle Brown!
edit on 28/2/13 by Freeborn because: Add ETA and clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join