It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Ah, I figured it was something like that.

As for the old man. It's only really his face. If you focus on the middle on the small circle, you are looking directly at his nose.

His head is slightly tilted, and he looks to have a moustache and a small beard.

Again, it helps if you tilt det screen back, so the contrasts are clearer.
Might also help to tilt your head ever-so-slightly to the left.

Took me a little while to spot him, but now that I have, I easily see it in a second.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Fascinating thread! I can't wait to see what else you may discover. Get to that attic, you may find some other intriguing things.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Good story OP. I don't know if anyone said this yet as I only read a few comments in, but did you know the color red, in it of itself, attracts attention more than other colors... It's the color of energy, passion, action, and anger, among other things. That's why it's used often as the primary color in work out centers/gyms,nefarious propaganda, and some kinds of advertisements. I'm not disrediting your story it was very interesting, but the red color of the shed "might" be the cause of your attraction towards it, since it's a "sore thumb" in an old basement, the color along with it's placement in the room could also be influencing the psychology behind your feelings towards it.

But the growling, that's something colors has nothing to do with!

Throw some digital voice recorders down there and see what you get.
Seriously.

Good luck and enjoy your new house, hope it's everything you wanted it to be and more

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What a story!!!

Excellent contributions throughout these 8 pages too.

You are living in a haunted house. Here is what has led me to this conclusion........

1. The "growling" noise is heard by both you and your wife and has impacted you.
2. She saw a face at the top of the stairs, vivid enough to cause an argument - it was not you.
3. You have an affinity with an inanimate object (shed) and cannot explain why.
4. A personal possession was taken which had you "out-of-sorts" and you found it after concentrating on your possession inside the inanimate object - it was found inside the inanimate object.
5. Your very first contact with this house lead you to the shed in the basement however it was not until you left the "territory" upon that first visit that the thought came to you to re-enter the house where upon you had a "feeling" for the shed.

That 4th point is the clincher - and is very common with ghost activity, and believe it or not, it is usually personal jewellery which ordinarily garnishes the most attention between the spirit and you.

As another poster has mentioned, you have been here before, in a past life, it is no coincidence that you are here again - there are no coincidences in this regard.

Try lying on the floor in the shed again (which in and of itself is quite peculiar, unless you have done it before.......) and concentrate this time on a single question that you want an answer to.

The lock on the inside of the door is to keep someone out, just long enough for whomever is inside to hide/stop what they are doing......the scratches at the door lead me to wild speculation.

S&F

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

VERY good summary. We definitely needed one at this point. I am also very excited about the audio, which I'm sure will be extremely interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
What a story!!!

Excellent contributions throughout these 8 pages too.

You are living in a haunted house. Here is what has led me to this conclusion........

1. The "growling" noise is heard by both you and your wife and has impacted you.
2. She saw a face at the top of the stairs, vivid enough to cause an argument - it was not you.
3. You have an affinity with an inanimate object (shed) and cannot explain why.
4. A personal possession was taken which had you "out-of-sorts" and you found it after concentrating on your possession inside the inanimate object - it was found inside the inanimate object.
5. Your very first contact with this house lead you to the shed in the basement however it was not until you left the "territory" upon that first visit that the thought came to you to re-enter the house where upon you had a "feeling" for the shed.

That 4th point is the clincher - and is very common with ghost activity, and believe it or not, it is usually personal jewellery which ordinarily garnishes the most attention between the spirit and you.

As another poster has mentioned, you have been here before, in a past life, it is no coincidence that you are here again - there are no coincidences in this regard.

Try lying on the floor in the shed again (which in and of itself is quite peculiar, unless you have done it before.......) and concentrate this time on a single question that you want an answer to.

The lock on the inside of the door is to keep someone out, just long enough for whomever is inside to hide/stop what they are doing......the scratches at the door lead me to wild speculation.

S&F

Well nothing out of the ordinary last night... just some creeks and random tap sounds... I'll review the audio in a little while to see what/ if anything was caught.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

What you have circled in the picks from the inside of the door from page 3 or 4 I think that you have said look like scratches look to me like saw kerf marks that the paint just didn't get down inside when it was painted. This was very common when rough sawn lumber was used to build this kind of a structure. Do you see how the lines are arcs and in parallel?

Yes, it was page 4, second post down. The other stuff on the inside of the door discussed later in the thread looks to me like normal wearing off of old paint.
edit on 2/21/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Sceptisism is always welcome. We all need to see cases like this from all possible perspectives. But did you really look close? It takes a minute or two, to really see what I pointed out atleast.

What do you think about the growling sounds?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

I think its all very interesting. That's why I've read everything since the beginning, well, for the most part. I just wouldn't jump to conclusions based on some photographs. Now, the growling is something else. I have experienced some terrifying things in my life but no audible stuff. I've just had a lot of things moving around by themselves.

Oh, wait, what am I talking about? I used to hear footsteps over my head coming from my bedroom walking around and around late at night while I was watching TV downstairs in the late '70s. It was like there was a party going on up there and there was no one else in the house except my parents sleeping in their ground floor bedroom. I'd just get in my car and drive to town and wait for daylight before I'd go back home and go to bed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well nothing on the audio... But something else odd just happened a while ago... The guy that came over to run a new coaxial cable for me came up from the basement and said "man, your house is haunted, I've never seen anything like this"... I thought he was kidding but he told me that the cable he was installing electrocuted him and Arched on his meter... I asked him if he had touched a hot end of the cable and he told me the cable wasn't even hooked up to anything yet? Ummm... yeah, anybody know how this could be possible?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
Well nothing on the audio... But something else odd just happened a while ago... The guy that came over to run a new coaxial cable for me came up from the basement and said "man, your house is haunted, I've never seen anything like this"... I thought he was kidding but he told me that the cable he was installing electrocuted him and Arched on his meter... I asked him if he had touched a hot end of the cable and he told me the cable wasn't even hooked up to anything yet? Ummm... yeah, anybody know how this could be possible?

There is also a large Tesla Coil behind the wall..I forgot to mention that this was common in the Underground Railroad as well...you should bust it open now.....LOL!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am still leaning towards old school panic room I have to say.

What does it look like when the door is closed? If you were unaware the room and door existed, would you notice it? If this is the early 1800's people would've been going into basements with probably not much more than candles and oil lamps. If it is designed to blend, people could've easily hid in there and followed Lt. Dan's advice and "get down, shut up."

It could've been organized crime, underground railroad, espionage, all sorts of things really.

But that's all speculation out the window if the door is obvious when it's closed. Now I feel unnaturally curious about this shed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just a few thoughts/questions:

Lovin this whole thread! I think the possible link to the underground railroad is fascinating. Could it have been a stop for those traveling via the waterway across from your house?

Have you found any links between the signature you found in the wall and any of the previous owners?

Great work on the part of Vasa Croe
Very interesting stuff you have found!

Any way you can hook up a live webcam and post the feed here? I am sure there are plenty of people here who would love to help watch for any happenings down there.

I am watching this thread with much interest. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

~OkieDokie

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks

Originally posted by Fjernt
I just noticed this. See the older man with a beard? Head slightly tilted to his right (our left), as if he is looking in at the room? (the smaller circle)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: (no reason given)

lean back, or tilt your screen slightly back, to get it abit darker. Comes out clearer that way.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: messed up the imglink

edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by Fjernt because: Clarification

F that! now I see it after tilting my screen back haha damn...

also We have a "harry potter" type closet underneath the foyer stair case that also only locks from the inside... here are the pics.. the door seem a lot bigger because of the angle of the photo but in reality the door is about 5 feet tall..

Just thought of one possibility for this door locking on the inside. Is the house built in such a manor that this may have been a room at some point prior to be closed in as a coat closet under the stairs? If this was a room it would have reason for a lock on the inside. Do any of the other rooms have similar locks on them inside? It could also have been that they just bought the hardware for cheap and aesthetically the lock looked better on the inside than having it on the outside of that door.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I don't think it was a room just considering the size of the door, I have to duck and watch my head when I walk into there because the door is only about 5 feet tall
edit on 21-2-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Such an interesting thread, thank you for sharing, OP!

As a matter of fact I've just returned home from working in a haunted barn conversion. Nothing much happened tonight apart from constantly feeling as if I'm being watched and hearing the odd tap. It felt so unnerving this time though, that I actually blurted out "stop watching me" and I felt a little less uneasy after that, but I still felt something.

There's only two of us that go there often as it's just a stock room for shoes, but everyone else hates going there, some people would just outright say no if they're asked to go there. That's how unnerving it is!

I've heard that the feeling of 'being watched' is common in old buildings due to the electrics, is that true?
edit on 21-2-2013 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Your wife heard the growl when she was in the washroom next to the stairs and you heard it coming from the shed, It all points to the sewer and to possible amplfication by the pipe of say a rat's growl? [
edit on 21-2-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
I've heard that the feeling of 'being watched' is common in old buildings due to the electrics, is that true?
edit on 21-2-2013 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

They say EMF fields around poorly shielded wiring can cause this. Older homes tend to have shoddier material so EMF fields are more common.

I was going to ask where the breaker or fuse box is in relation to the shed, curious myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie

Great work on the part of Vasa Croe
Very interesting stuff you have found!

EXSQUEEZE ME?!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by guanyu

Flipping this the other way, could it be that spirits in themselves cause electromagnetic fields?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join