It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Iran nuclear facility, assassinations of military! sabotage? false flag?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Update
Iran Facility

TEHRAN, Jan. 27 (UPI) -- A former Iranian intelligence official told a U.S. website that there was a mysterious explosion at Iran's Fordow nuclear facility.

The website WND, formerly WorldNetDaily, reported Hamidreza Zakeri, a former member of the Islamic Republic's Ministry of Intelligence and Security, said the Monday blast trapped 240 workers in the underground facility. It was unclear whether the workers had been rescued.

The Iranian regime called the explosion sabotage and said explosives disguised as equipment were transferred to the site, WND said. The blast occurred at the third centrifuge chambers with high-grade enriched uranium reserves below. Iran's intelligence agency received information from an alleged spy working in Israel's Mossad that plans were under way to target Iran's nuclear sites, the report alleged.

WND said U.S. officials were informed of the explosion, however, reports of the blast had not been verified or denied by Iran or the West.

The explosion was felt in a 3 mile-radius from the facility and Iranian security forces imposed a no-traffic zone in a 15-mile radius surrounding the facility. Tehran-Qom highway was shut down for a number of hours, the website said.

The Fordow nuclear facility is 350 feet under the mountain. Two elevators were said to be out of commission from the explosion and an emergency exit southwest of the site was unreachable, the report said.

A day after the explosion, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad convened an urgent meeting with senior intelligence and security officials to discuss the blast, the report said.

Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
It could also be a reason for this story.

Israeli Official Hints Pentagon Plans May Make Lone Strike on Iran Unnecessary

www.nytimes.com... _r=0

Maybe they did something...or maybe Mother Nature took care of the problem for them?

Or maybe none of the above.
maybe Iran just tested its first nuke and are covering it up with the speculation of an attack from Israel or the us.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog

Originally posted by TDawgRex
It could also be a reason for this story.

Israeli Official Hints Pentagon Plans May Make Lone Strike on Iran Unnecessary

www.nytimes.com... _r=0

Maybe they did something...or maybe Mother Nature took care of the problem for them?

maybe Iran just tested its first nuke and are covering it up with the speculation of an attack from Israel or the us.

At Fordow....where they have billions of dollars of seismically sensitive equipment.

Highly doubtful.

Another poster suggested the possibility of earthquake-again, this site would have been selected for lack of seismic activity.

HIOWEVER, I would expect that there should be seimic evidence of the 'blast' (if reports are to be believed and the blast was felt miles away).

Any USGS stations nearby??

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex

Yes there is.

Iran - Usgs

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yes there is.

Iran - Usgs

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2013 by ausername because: previously posted.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Yes there is.

Iran - Usgs

Well I'll be...thanks for the link! Still, doesn't seem to be any activity near Qom that I can see...

STILL nothing new on the MSM. Israeli dailies picking up the story and citing each other. I would have expected a leak from a western source by now, as the US certainly has birds on regular overflights...

Curious silence.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Mossad sabotage?

Wouldn't shock anyone...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Would shock me that Mossad got a device into what is undoubtedly THE prized asset of the Iranian nuclear program...successfully no less.

The repercussions are HUGE...both to the environment, the Iranian program, and the regional geopolitics.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, looks like it's been officially denied by Iran:

The deputy head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization Seyyed Shamseddin Barbroudi was quoted by the IRNA as dismissing the report.

Jerusalem Post

ETA: I'm beginning to think that this guy their citing reminds me of Ahmed Chalabi AKA 'Curveball' prior to the Iraq invasion. I hear the sound of axes being ground...

edit on 27/1/2013 by xquietonex because: afterthoughts

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
If Iran's facilities could be taken out with some advanced technology

Whoa... whoa! Slow down, egghead!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Israeli intelligence officials reportedly confirmed that an explosion damaged Iran’s Fordow nuclear facility, which is being used to enrich uranium, The Sunday Times reported. According to the report, an Israeli official said the country is still in the "preliminary stages of understanding what happened and how significant it is." The Times quoted the official as saying he did not know if the explosion was "sabotage or accident." The Times said the official refused to comment on reports that Israeli aircraft were seen near the facility at the time of the explosion.

Jerusalem Post

Um, I think I just pooped in my pants a little. Israeli aircraft??? If there's any once of truth to that, things are going to get hot in the ME any minute now...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Interesting, especially since they just reported on friday that the talks with Iran wouldn't be until Feb. And that seems like a maybe...

So, America is starting the party? Is this Netanyahu's final shot at taking out Iran, seems like he is on his way out there or am i wrong?
Reuters

Either way....lol this should drive some conspiracy theorists nuts with joy.
Reuters
edit on 28-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If there is any doubt by iran of it being an accident then they would absolutely keep it quiet, north korea does the same when they have catastrohpic explosions on their soil, also china with the suspected nuclear accident I'm too lazy for sources today people. What will come of this if it is an interdiction by israel/us forces I can't help but speculate but it cannot bode good for us. I just cant help but think that those two are spoiling for an end game scenario in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So lets see what we know. Israels media are splashing all over the web that the explosion did happen and that over 200 workers are trapped underground. Also the Times say that IDF planes were seen near the area. That sounds abit to far fetched. Im sure Irans anti aircraft systems would of intercepted them. Unless they were dissabled by hackers. Immmm.
And now Iran has come out and said it didnt happen. Maybe Iran is worried about looking vulnerable to its population. It is a propaganda war.
Maybe it was one of these. Israel did receive some of these, did they, or did they not.
nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 18/01/11 by aarys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The more i look around the more i gotta wonder if this wasn't Isreal after all....

Israel's Previous Attempt

“It was concluded by Israel’s military that a strike on Iran would not begin and end there,” Ms Dayan told The Times. “They argued that a strike on Iran meant regional war, and they argued strongly against the order given to them'

Regarding the order to prepare to attack, General Ashkenazi is quoted as saying: “This is not something you do unless you are certain you want to use it at the end. This is not something you step down from.”
In an interview for the programme, Mr Barak confirmed that the order was given at the meeting, but hinted that it was not carried out because the military — and specifically General Ashkenazi — argued that they did not have the operational capability to undertake the mission, rather than because the military opposed it.

Since 2010, Mr Dagan has been replaced as head of the Mossad by Tamir Pardo, and General Ashkenazi has been replaced as IDF chief by Benyamin Gantz. In their retirement, both Mr Dagan and General Ashkenazi have been outspoken opponents of attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities, which Israel’s leaders say are developing a weapon. Iran says that its intentions are peaceful — developing medical isotopes and fuel for nuclear power.
According to the report, previous Israeli Governments were held back from acting by the Administration of George W. Bush, which refused to sell them bunker-busting bombs and other weapons needed for an effective strike on Iran’s facilities.

So basically the guys arguing against starting the war are now gone....
edit on 28-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog

This is a possibility and very scary,

what if the explosion was a cover-up of stolen materials to build a dirty bomb,

i know its very James Bond but on the scheme of things, very real

maybe Israel stole nuclear substance destroyed half the compound and then release a dirty bomb and blame Iran..........

WW3 just stepped up.

or is my brain working to hard!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This just hit Fox news. They reported that Iran is denying that an explosion happened and are calling it "western propaganda".

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I just found this story about11 reporters arrested over alleged "foreign contacts" Do you think this may have been done to keep the story from getting out?? They are already denying it here so maybe they arrested the reporters because they had actual evidence such as video, to back up the claims?

I find it interesting that they are just straight out denying it basically saying "nope never happened" instead of taking advantage of the situation, either blaming it on an earthquake, or just coming out and blaming the US or Israel. Either way thought this might help.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Iran denies explosion at underground uranium facility

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran has denied media reports of a major explosion at one of its most sensitive uranium enrichment sites, describing them as Western propaganda designed to influence upcoming nuclear negotiations.
Reuters has been unable to verify reports since Friday of an explosion early last week at the underground Fordow bunker, near the religious city of Qom, that some Israeli and Western media have said caused significant damage.

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join