It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you care much about guns ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There are some questions bothering me about gun control.

How is that the people who didn't care much that about war in Afghanistan , are now caring about guns being taken ?

The US govt is saying that both are necessary for national security.

Then , why is this reaction to these bills and laws ?

Isn't that because it was not about them and now it is about them ?

There has been people being killed since 2001 in Afghanistan. Liberties were taken and infra structures being destroyed.

You care about guns but don't care about lives ?

They are people like you.

IMO , you that sit there and watched the invasion to two countries , should sit and watch your rights being taken.

Because the reason's are the same.

I need some brave people to answer ME.

peace

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I don't care about guns, I care about my constitution.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
We care about our lives and our guns and what our government is doing for us ...

afghani who ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I don't care about guns

I care about what type of people can own them.

As they like to say "Guns don't kill people, People kill people."

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
How is that the people who didn't care much that about war in Afghanistan , are now caring about guns being taken ?

That is a broad unfounded statement in my opinion. Are you saying that people who believe they have the right to self-defense and the right to own a firearm care nothing about others; especially those in Afghanistan?

This my friend is called a straw-man argument and also a non-sequitor as it follows no logic what-so-ever.

The US govt is saying that both are necessary for national security.

Then , why is this reaction to these bills and laws ?

Because of rule of law expressly forbids the Government from encroaching upon our natural right to self-defense.

There has been people being killed since 2001 in Afghanistan. Liberties were taken and infra structures being destroyed.

You care about guns but don't care about lives ?

They are people like you.

What does this have to do with the current debate in the States?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
That's quite the leap in logic that you have there. As if one is comparable to another.
The loss of human life in Afghanistan is unfortunate to be sure but it has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment.

How many human lives are the Afghanis responsible for by dumping their heroin on the world drug market?

edit on 18-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Well, when it comes down to it, a lot of Americans just don't care about people in other countries, nor do they really care about other Americans. And people who go on and on about freedom and liberty usually really don't care about either. Those things are just meaningless catchphrases "patriots" can scream over and over as an excuse to keep playing with their guns so they can hold onto heroic delusions of revolutionary glory.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Nanocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If the Right wants everyone to show an ID when it's time to vote, then everyone should be forced to submit through thorough background checks when buying a tool that is specifically designed for killing.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The second amendment is our last bastion for the defense of our few remaining liberties. Once it is gone, we are officially slaves.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nanocyte
reply to post by mideast

Well, when it comes down to it, a lot of Americans just don't care about people in other countries, nor do they really care about other Americans. And people who go on and on about freedom and liberty usually really don't care about either. Those things are just meaningless catchphrases "patriots" can scream over and over as an excuse to keep playing with their guns so they can hold onto heroic delusions of revolutionary glory.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Nanocyte because: (no reason given)

Ah yes....the People of the United States just don't care. It is estimated that the people of the United States gave nearly $300 billion freely to charity. You are right, we just don't care. You sir are a crock.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If the Right wants everyone to show an ID when it's time to vote, then everyone should be forced to submit through thorough background checks when buying a tool that is specifically designed for killing.
Considering most are background checked (save the ones who buy privately; which is a different argument) what are you getting at?

You make it seem as if there is some nefarious back-channel method in which the majority of gun owners go through to obtain their weapons. We don't have an extensive black-market.....yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

The answer to the people who care about law is that

you knew patriot act was a law which was allowing your govt to do as it pleases.

Why didn't you care about it much?

My answer is maybe you just care about your own profit and your own ease rather than other humans.
edit on 18-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455
That's quite the leap in logic that you have there. As if one is comparable to another.
The loss of human life in Afghanistan is unfortunate to be sure but it has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment.

How many human lives are the Afghanis responsible for by dumping their heroin on the world drug market?

So , you are doing a favor for Afghan people and you kill them in the name of war on terror.

Has these wars done anything to stop this and help Afghan people run their lives by job opportunities your govt is creating?

And you are helping them kill each other ?

Why ?

Because you are supreme ?

Or

Because you are better good generations than they do ?

Or

because you own the planet ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Answer: We like our Constitution.

Question: Why do you care so much about American guns?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Ah yes, lets all lump people into some giant single-minded mass. It's easier to hate them that way.

Never should have gone into Afghanistan. Hell, the US never should have established a standing army.

I'm still surprised that after all we've been through people still stereotype gun owners as caricature jingoistic right-wing hillbillies.

It's about liberty. Liberty for all.

I dont want anyone telling me what I can/cant do and I dont want to tell anyone else what they can/cant do as long as no persons or property are harmed.

Want to marry a goat? Go ahead.
Want 30 wives? Go ahead.
Want to smoke meth until your face rots off? Go ahead.

Want to start a rape factory, invade a nation or torture people for giggles? Now we've got a problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
some times i wonder if its actually the guns
or the slippery slope of the gov taking things away slowly over time.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by mideast

Answer: We like our Constitution.

Question: Why do you care so much about American guns?

Because I am ATS member.

But I don't care so much about guns.

I care about people and the propaganda.

So , you like your constitution , you don't like your laws and bills ? You support patriot act ?
edit on 18-1-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
IDK this right wing fanatic gun hysteria is getting really boring tho.

They're brainwashed and believe anything they read off a right wing extremist blog. These people are the easiest controlled political group in the USA, yet they think they're above everyone else. They run off pure paranoia and lose all ablity to think logically.

Sad really.

edit on 18-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11235813213455

So , you are doing a favor for Afghan people and you kill them in the name of war on terror.

Has these wars done anything to stop this and help Afghan people run their lives by job opportunities your govt is creating?

And you are helping them kill each other ?

Why ?

Because you are supreme ?

Or

Because you are better good generations than they do ?

Or

because you own the planet ?

So you think you're going to win this on the same worn out platitudes then? I see..

These are not your words. These are not your thoughts. These are the words and thoughts of the ideology that has been forced on you at a young age and you are simply parroting them for your masters.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
We really don't care so much about our guns.... Yes, we do enjoy the freedom from fear of our fellow man that firearms provide... but Americans aren't gun nuts. We are, however, very sensitive to encroachments upon our ability to do what we feel is not a crime. Any attempt to remove our perceived right to bear arms is an example of someone telling we, who abide by the laws of our land, are no longer free to do things that do not harm others.

In history there are lots of examples of despots that made their own lawful citizens pay for the perceived crimes of unlawful or imaginary enemies.

We will not tolerate that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join