It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manager of FPSRussia found murdered

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mello
[snip] I've always wondered if FPS russia was into some sort of weapons business because of his impressive arsenal but this makes me lean towards yes.

His manager and suppliers are certainly into a "weapons business" in that they were a Class 3 FFL, also known as a ATF/NFA approved firearms dealer. I think you would be genuinely surprised how many law abiding citizens have equally impressive armories to themselves. It is not hard, I mean it truly is -not- hard, to acquire weaponry of that level. See my earlier post about Title 2 firearms ownership.

For example, after seeing his "Juggernaut M14" video, I was highly intrigued about getting my own.

Total cost would have been about $3500. That's a lot, but not really when you consider that would cover the costs of:
Custom ordered select-fire Springfield M1A Socom
Juggernaut Tactical M14 Rogue system - for full auto, heavy barrel, flat dark earth color
Title 2 licensing for both
Shipping and handling and misc FFL transfer fees.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

FPS Russia is from an older version of the Russian border patrol
FPS Russia, the Federal Border Service (Russian: Федеральная пограничная служба, Federal'naya Pogranichnaya Sluzhba), active from 30 December 1994 to 30 June 2003, was headed by a single centralized system, which included:
border control;
foreign intelligence corps;
operational entities engaged in intelligence, counter, operational investigative activities, to ensure its own security system;
border guards and other organs of the Border Service, provided by federal law;
FPS Russia border troops;
military educational institutions, vocational education,
enterprises, institutions and organizations in Russia under the FPS (hereinafter referred to authorities and troops as FPS Russia), according to federal law

That's a nice little theory, but it could also be the more likely reason that FPS stands for:

First Person Shooter - Computer Games

Something that FPS Russia was into before he started on the shooting videos.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So to recap, he was found on a road, not tied to a chair in his office.

He was shot in the head, but we only have conjecture that he was shot in the back of the head.

They are calling it a homicide and they say they have determined the caliber of the gun used to kill him. So it's possible they came to that conclusion because none of the guns at the scene were the caliber used.

Lots of bad early information in this thread.

Since he didn't make any attempt to defend himself it's likely that he knew his killer and didn't have his guard up. These types of murders are much easier to solve than stranger killings.

I feel confident they will solve this crime.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

FPS Russia is from an older version of the Russian border patrol
FPS Russia, the Federal Border Service (Russian: Федеральная пограничная служба, Federal'naya Pogranichnaya Sluzhba), active from 30 December 1994 to 30 June 2003, was headed by a single centralized system, which included:
border control;
foreign intelligence corps;
operational entities engaged in intelligence, counter, operational investigative activities, to ensure its own security system;
border guards and other organs of the Border Service, provided by federal law;
FPS Russia border troops;
military educational institutions, vocational education,
enterprises, institutions and organizations in Russia under the FPS (hereinafter referred to authorities and troops as FPS Russia), according to federal law

That's a nice little theory, but it could also be the more likely reason that FPS stands for:

First Person Shooter - Computer Games

Something that FPS Russia was into before he started on the shooting videos.

Yeah I know he was xSocratesx or something before this channel went up.
But I think he was trying to create more legitimacy for his new persona as PROFESSIONAL RUSSIAN.
I could have sworn I saw him post that info somewhere as well as sustaining his never ending love for the AK47 and sickle in the channel logo.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.heavy.com...

A more coherent breakdown of the facts as they are now being reported.

How long do you think it will be till the investigation closes?
There are suspects...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by OOOOOO

Originally posted by Juggernog
Never heard of the guy but it sure sounds like a hit of some kind..

Sounds more like suicide to me.
Clearly not hit.

Ok, lets see.. He tied himself up in a chair, Shot his self in the back of the head, then tied both arms back up before he died.. How am I doing?

edit on 1/7/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

"Cough"OOOOOO Shill ?.."Cough" who else says stupid stuff like that..

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I clicked your video, and the Youtube ad immediately has Jason Statham saying something like"These people took money that belongs to me" & I paused it right then and was like "WOW, Coincidence?!" so I clicked the ad and its a preview for a movie called "Parker" but I just thought that opening line for the prevideo commercial was too coincidental. Figured you guys wold be interested, and might not see it yourself since it probably isn't the same ad showing up for every viewer.

The preview continued with "Tell me where they are" I guess the bad guy found out they were in Georgia. We know he had a past of borrowing money for projects and running halfway around the world.

Here are some previews:
Opening line from the second vid: "Civilized people have to follow rules. I don't steal from people that can't afford it, and I don't hurt people who don't deserve it. Most importantly... if you say you'll do something and you don't, 'we made a deal' I'll make sure you regret it."

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
So to recap, he was found on a road, not tied to a chair in his office.

Since he didn't make any attempt to defend himself it's likely that he knew his killer and didn't have his guard up. These types of murders are much easier to solve than stranger killings.

I feel confident they will solve this crime.

HOLY SHIP! The preview of the movie shows them shooting him on the road! "If you were me what would you do with a guy like you?" "I'd kill him while I had the chance." BANG! And he obviously knew the guy the preview show its someone he's worked together before. I'm not saying the movie is base don him, but those preview clips in the ad linked to his death description video (the one where he IS tied to a chair)... it's pretty darn coincidental.
edit on 11-1-2013 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I've lurked for awhile and just joined once I saw this because of the amazing coincidence surrounding this in my life. I am a resident of Frankfort and read this mans obituary minutes before logging on. Not earth shattering I realize but it's odd to me that I saw the obit, assumed his death suspicion due to his age, and logged onto here for the first time in a week. There are no coincidences right? Sadly his obit says he left behind a wife and three young boys. Rip.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Like to explain what your trying to get at? and why bring up being tied to a chair again when that's rubbish.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.freezepage.com...
www.freezepage.com...
www.freezepage.com...
www.freezepage.com...

His email also shows up in a dump titled 'Tranzeo hacked and data leaked by Prodect'

Still some searches left to do but I got bored.
edit on 12-1-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

also wanted to put this Twitter out there:

twitter.com...

Thanks one thing i did notice was a twitter account @jlwags sent him a message looks like
she was luring him in ??Seems he thought she already had a boyfriend and was wondering
why she wanted him..

Could be nothing just putting my 2$ in..

Keith Ratliff @keithratliff
@jlwags sup? Text me my number is the same.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@jlwags You had a boyfriend last time you saw me what's it really matter?

That was on th 7th dec then he went a little quite till 24th dec..

Correct me if im wrong his last tweet was on the 31st dec and is below..
---------------------
When the anti-gun guy is pro-gun you know the facts played in! Choose Your Own Crime Stats: youtu.be... via @youtube
edit on 12-1-2013 by n00b2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Interesting find.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

So he was found at his workshop, but he was not tied to a chair.

-- the victim of a single gunshot wound to the head -- was found Jan. 3 in an apparent homicide at the weapons development and testing facility he operated in Carnesville, Ga.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

goo.gl...

www.dailydot.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Looks right, google maps and bing disagree on the location of the address so it might be around the marker rather than the long buildings.
edit on 12-1-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't know if it has been posted but here is an opinion i found on vice about maybe this thread.

A more chilling and ridiculous motive being circulated by conspiracy theorists on sites like Above Top Secret and gunconfiscation.com is the idea that Ratliff was targeted by some kind of clandestine assault against the pro-gun movement.

It’s far-fetched, but with the powder keg that Obama’s gun control proposals have stirred up recently (not to mention Alex Jones’ CNN meltdown), it seems feasible to conspiracy nuts that FPS Russia would be high on the hit list if some violent anti-gun movement was in operation.

vice

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There must be motive.

The show makes 6 figures off youtube advertisement as a youtube partner.
Kyle Myers kills him for the money?

Possible but unlikely.
He would then need a new means of obtaining class III firearms.
Then again with that much money, he could acquire one for himself and surely dozens already carrying the license would come out of the woodwork getting far less of a cut than Keith for the same work.

I still think someone from the anti gun community may in fact have murdered him.
These people are lunatics that believe people are expendable. That bending the rules is not breaking them.
That only the peasants, you and I typically, must be subject to the laws strictly while they, the entitled yuppies, are entitled to leniency.

Someone he knew murdered him and someone within his social circle has a pretty good idea of who did it.
You and I are nothing but spectators with shot in the dark opinions.
Kyle is however the most likely and most unlikely suspect.
They raided his property claiming they were looking for excess amounts of tanerite.
This is awful suspicious since it follows the murder of his business partner.

Bottom line is if Kyle did it, they will never find the murder weapon.
That gun was shredded into scrap or melted down before the body was even cold.
I would not put anything passed anyone.

Ultimately though, my gut tells me Kyle did it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonnyDeath
There must be motive.

The show makes 6 figures off youtube advertisement as a youtube partner.
Kyle Myers kills him for the money?

Possible but unlikely.
He would then need a new means of obtaining class III firearms.
Then again with that much money, he could acquire one for himself and surely dozens already carrying the license would come out of the woodwork getting far less of a cut than Keith for the same work.

I still think someone from the anti gun community may in fact have murdered him.
These people are lunatics that believe people are expendable. That bending the rules is not breaking them.
That only the peasants, you and I typically, must be subject to the laws strictly while they, the entitled yuppies, are entitled to leniency.

Someone he knew murdered him and someone within his social circle has a pretty good idea of who did it.
You and I are nothing but spectators with shot in the dark opinions.
Kyle is however the most likely and most unlikely suspect.
They raided his property claiming they were looking for excess amounts of tanerite.
This is awful suspicious since it follows the murder of his business partner.

Bottom line is if Kyle did it, they will never find the murder weapon.
That gun was shredded into scrap or melted down before the body was even cold.
I would not put anything passed anyone.

Ultimately though, my gut tells me Kyle did it.

Wow case closed then, brilliant.

Have the Interpol been on, wanting you to sole any other major crimes?
edit on 24-5-2013 by moonrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JonnyDeath

The reason their raided his property is because they confused him exploding tannerite as somehow making a profit from it on his YT channel from 'selling' explosives.

The bit about suspicion of killing his partner was just an add-on to show they weren't being vindictive.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join