It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Obama's Daughters Attend Has 11 Armed Guards

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by bknapple32

Not a class issue, a national security issue

I thought ALL children in America warrant the same kind of Protection?

But lets be honest, that would be like saying "all men are created equal" and thinking its true.

Not being cold here either but I totally understand that the guy with the Nuclear Codes has better protected children than mine- If my Children were a "target" (they are grown now...) then what does someone get from blackmailing me... Everything I have (which isnt squat)- But someone with the Power to really effect the World (for good or Ill) needs to have every memebr of his Family far more protected than mine.

-Another way of looking at it- If something happened to me (or mine) it would be random more than likely, I am not a Public Target.

Even the most beloved President in History with 100% approval rating will have organized enemies in other nations who are not random "criminals" but professionals. These people could care about you and me but our "leader(s)" need extra protection.

And I am fine with it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I dont know what to tell you. In reality, if your kid or my kid was kidnapped, its not a national security issue. Making them a million times less likely to be a target. Make no mistake, those kids are targets. Ours arent.

Doesnt mean that our kids dont need protection. But Im explaining why the status quo is the way it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Hmmmm....

I would be OK with it, if Obama wasn't spouting off at the gums about how he would do away with conceal and carry, all the while has guards that have conceal and carry !

Guy is the biggest hypocrite on the Planet!

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

See thats what it comes down to. You guys dont like Obama. Yet dems and republicans have been sending their kids to these schools for a long time. Its an issue now that Obama has kids in one of these schools.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I hear you, but its hypocritical. This country is going to shat.............

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua
Nobody gives a s*** if its a national security issue.

Obama is not only one who deserves special attention.What on earth makes you think that our children are less important than his? THis is your country.You are paying the taxes .Therefore you are the one who should be treated equally. What makes you people think that your children are safe anyway. Is 1 guard per school too hard for him .

Barack 'Hussein' Obama is even more dangerous and evil than Bush IMHO.

Well its obvious you dont want to debate the point. You just wanted to mention Obama's middle name and mention how hes evil.

Guess what? Your taxes or my taxes do not EQUAL the tuition paid for these schools. That's why those schools have more resources like private armed guards.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Hmmmm....

I would be OK with it, if Obama wasn't spouting off at the gums about how he would do away with conceal and carry, all the while has guards that have conceal and carry !

Is he calling for armed guards to lose conceal and carry? That would make him a hypocrite

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Hmmmm....

LOL- I feel you.

I am no Obama fan (nor was I a fan of Bush) and I voted straight libertarian (and I am not even a Libertarian- It was the only thing I could vote and not have to take any blame-)

But I understand why they and theirs are better protected than me or mine- And I am fine with it. It just is what it is and has always been. Has any presidents Children attended a regular public School ever? I dont know but I know that had I had the money my own kids would have never been in Public School.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

See thats what it comes down to. You guys dont like Obama. Yet dems and republicans have been sending their kids to these schools for a long time. Its an issue now that Obama has kids in one of these schools.

Its an issue because Obama is calling for an end to conceal and carry. Biden is calling for an outright ban on guns.

That IS an issue, if they are using the same laws, to protect their children, regardless if its National security or not. Sounds like a "let them eat cake" moment.

You cant say it isn't. I don't see a Republican President calling for the same thing. If so,I would be calling him a hypocrite also, trust me.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

So you support universal healthcare?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I went to a public school, and it had an armed cop in it. I thought it was normal.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Ahhh! Nepotism!

It doesn't matter what school those politicians kids go too those kids have a step up above everyone just because they are so and so's kid.

I could go really off topic here and go into the curriculum that those schools teach and how much it varies from the mandated curriculum by the NEA, but it still brings us back the same issue.

What makes those politicians kids more important than the rest of the kids that attend school all across the country?

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Not Obama's "version" of it. Not one FORCED down the American Public's throat........

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timing

Ahhh! Nepotism!

It doesn't matter what school those politicians kids go too those kids have a step up above everyone just because they are so and so's kid.

I could go really off topic here and go into the curriculum that those schools teach and how much it varies from the mandated curriculum by the NEA, but it still brings us back the same issue.

What makes those politicians kids more important than the rest of the kids that attend school all across the country?

Nothing makes them more important aside from the fact that if kidnapped its a national security risk. Other than that,the only difference is their parents (and mine) pay 35 grand a year.

And the curriculum part you mentioned..I am not sure where you are going. All I'll say is I learned more in any one year at Landon, than I ever learned anywhere else. Im sorry if thats the way the world is right now. But it is.

Not saying its right. I think every kid deserves the same education I got. Unfortunately right now... you gotta pay for it. Just like healthcare. If you think every kid deserves the same education, then you should be for universal healthcare too.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Not Obama's "version" of it. Not one FORCED down the American Public's throat........

Whats the difference. You want the exact same situation that kids who have parents who pay 35k a year for, for every kid. Thats universal education so to speak.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timing

Ahhh! Nepotism!

Want the truth?

They are different because they have Money and power.

Look at your local community- The Judges kids have it different as well, as do many Police officers children.

Now back up to a picture of the nation as a whole- Those with money and/or power have it different than we do. And its always been this way. And the "Constitution"and the "Law" and "morality" and "right" have nothing to do with it. Its been that way and always has and always will be- its just that people are seeing it more now.

My Father got me out some trouble at one point in my life because of his job and people he knew as a result of that job- I was 17 and had my dad not been able to step in I would never have even had a decent career due to one stupid mistake (not that I would call my career decent anyhow, lol)

Was it fair? no. Did others get the same break? No. But some folks I went tio school with were handed Ford jobs @ $16/hour to start right out of high school because their fathers were Union Reps- Lifes not fair. It is what it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I bet everyone complaining about this is a capitalist.

Obama's kids get to go to a high security school because Obama can afford it. Obama is a millionaire, and has been for a very long time before his presidency.

If you're a capitalist then stop complaining. This is the system you love. Poor and middle class children are not as important in a class based system. If you have money, you can buy special treatment.

If you guys weren't so brainwashed maybe you'd realize what is causing this. You blindly praise a system then cry when you don't like the outcome.

edit on 25-12-2012 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

what is a capitalist?

I am not sure how to apply that in such a broad way.

I think it is much more complicated than that.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I went to one of those schools. Called Landon in Bethesda MD. The reason there are armed guards is because children of politicians and what not are kidnapper targets. The people of influence can be in quite a pickle if someone kidnapped their kid at school. Its really a national security issue.

well average joe down the road with five dollar to his name, his kids are worth as much as a politicians?

WTH has money got to do with it? the very funny thing is that the majority of shopping centres and banks have guards

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I am not sure how to apply that in such a broad way. I think it is much more complicated than that.

No, this is really simple.

Obama gets to send his children to a school with such high security because he can afford it. He is rich.

In a capitalist economy, no one is considered equal, there are multiple classes. The rich get treated better than the poor because they can afford to purchase privileges.

If you can afford the tuition, then you can send you child to a school guarded by a private army as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join