It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

"save them from the Muslims"....please, WTF are you on about man!

The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people with more morals than you can shake a stick at. In every grove you have your bad apples, but please DO NOT tarnish an entire race with the same stick.
I'm white, and I have my own views on extremists.... there are alot of white extremists too you know.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Oh ban all knives. Ban all sharp and pointy things!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vilhelm

Eerily reminiscent to a similar attack in China about six years ago. Saw a brief mention of this on NBC before it cut back to the Newtown, CT shooting.

So far I can't find any confirmation of fatalities - hopefully there aren't any!

Just goes to prove that people don't need access to guns to commit heinous crimes. If somebody wants to do something like this, they'll find a way.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You not need guns to be crazy killer but it sure makes it a lot easier. To bad the guy at the US school did not have only a knife. I would take these results against those any day of the week.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A sad say in China as well.

RIP to all the kiddos that lost their lives today, and prayers for their families.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
People very much enjoy over complicating these matters, and making excuses, or trying to apply reason to unreasonable acts.

Let me put it simply. These people, the ones who do these unbelieveable things to the defenseless and weak in thier societies are cowards. Weak, pathetic fools themselves, they strike out at those they can be sure of besting, those they can be sure to win over.

These honourless dogs breathe our air, drink our water, and eat our food. For this sin alone they should burn, but for the horrific behavior they exhibit toward the weak, there should be new punishments created, worse than death, and longer lasting. And yes, I know precisely how crazy that sounds.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by NarrowGate

We have had crazies and weapons in the world for a very long time. Why all of this now?

Yes we have the same things have happened as long as their has been "civilization" the only thing that has changed is the instant media and sensationalism.

Good point! Why are they now deciding to put it all in our face? I mean the China thing specifically... we just had 2 of our own massacres.

There are massacres around the globe everyday and we do not hear of them. Why are we hearing so much about China...today especially...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Not just China but right here in the goold ol US of A.

The constant barrage of "bad news" sensationalism.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smugmushroom
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

"save them from the Muslims"....please, WTF are you on about man!

The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful people with more morals than you can shake a stick at. In every grove you have your bad apples, but please DO NOT tarnish an entire race with the same stick.
I'm white, and I have my own views on extremists.... there are alot of white extremists too you know.

If you read my post correctly I was quoting what that Norweigan guy Brevik said about his spree in Norway!!

I didn't say this guy in China was doing it to save the kids from m's....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Wake up idiot, people are bad. Guns are tools, similar to people that blame bad things on inanimate objects.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

someone should find out the time difference betweeen when they happened.. and what latitudes they are on or the difference in longitudes or any other similarities.. to see if they're part of some co-related ritual sacrifice

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Better start banning knives!!

and machetes, screwdrivers, fertilizers, hammers, baseball bats, antique swords, ect...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree with everything youve stated with the exception to gun laws.

In my opinion (well actually its a fact) guns are a tool exclusively for killing, with that in mind I think they should be banned.

In the Utopia you describe you wouldnt need to ban guns because no one would want one,

Lets buy an island somewhere and get this thing started

I'm there!

But.....i like to eat meat. Maybe we can just use snares and such. Or just eat fish, if its an island.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My heart goes out to those affected.

Seriously, with this and the US incident, what is wrong with this world? We need to protect our children, they should have no need to live in fear!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Wake up idiot, people are bad. Guns are tools, similar to people that blame bad things on inanimate objects.

A gun is not a tool, its a weapon whos sole purpose is to kill.

Me thinks its you and the 100 million other gun loving hillbillies who need to wake up

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

while you may be in the midst of an argument with Steve, don't forget that there are those of us out there who are gun loving, yet far from unintellectual and hillbilly.

But I will totally cop to being redneck.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
My heart goes out to those affected.

Seriously, with this and the US incident, what is wrong with this world? We need to protect our children, they should have no need to live in fear!

I think this may be indicative of the thinking that got us into this boat to begin with.

Yes, we need to protect our children. No doubt. But that tends to become the battle cry for erosion of liberty. I would argue that protecting our children is best achieved by putting the full burden of behavior on each individual, and not on the law. In this way, people learn to better appreciate interpersonal skills and social grace, instead of marginalization and having their hands guided by a greater power.

I would also put forth that we should all live in fear. Or, at least have a more accurate understanding of the risk that comes with living. In this litigious society we are made to feel that we have a reasonable expectation of indemnification from risk. This causes us to see dumb people do stupid things that cost lives all the time. There is no need to walk around with your head on the outside of your butt when you feel that the world has been nerf coated for your personal protection.

Its a rough world out there. No laws will change that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Before every one starts saying "What's going on with the world" or "china gone crazy" or "Has the world gone mad"

.... He was mad, he was mentally ill, that is your answer. Unfortunately things like this happen when their are people that are mentally ill. But that is just life. He could of been fine one hour and in the next goes off and kills every one completely unpredictable. Terrible thing that happened but..

It's life. it has up's and down's!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

I somehow feel, there is some sort of connection - How and why, I do not know, 2 Elementary schools!!

ODD!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The other common link for all of these people is a mental illness coupled with being prescribed anti-depressants without proper supervision or treatment. These drugs are known to cause these types of incidents in a very small portion of people. The guy in China used a knife so banning guns isn't the solution.

In PA, we no longer have state hospitals, the ill are out in the general public. However, we changed our law to allow deadly force for an intruder of a residence and it caused the burglary rate to drop significantly. I want the ability to protect my family from the crazies and my government!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So people in the US attacked with a gun and over 20 die yet over 20 attacked in china and none die..

Could this be a setup for pushing forward with gun control in the US?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join