It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China School Knife Attack - Over 20 injured, including children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There is something definitely weird about this.

We have had crazies and weapons in the world for a very long time.

Why all of this now?

I have my ideas of why, but they are irrelevant. We have to come together and defeat this issue.

We should have a nation-wide vote on what to do to prevent this. Not a vote on who will decide, we need a vote on the plan of action specifically. This is too important to let some bozo politician handle it.

That said, gun control is not the answer. This seems to be sufficient evidence of that.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Apparently such attacks are pretty common in China

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

2012 is turning out to be a real strange year for massacres!!

Wonder what is coming over next couple weeks... I also wonder if these guys are also trying to save these children from the Muslims!!

Like Brevik said 'there will be more to come'

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think before and on 21-12 there will be more massacres than usual. People are going nuts.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Sadly, I think you're correct. Not sure what to make of all of this, but I really hope it comes to an end soon. It's really quite unnerving.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Yes, the most recent article I read stated that since they have such strict gun laws, most criminals tend to use knives in violent crimes. In order to buy large knives in China, you have to present your identification.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I could link another 10 otr so from the last 15 years but I think you get the point.

Yeah guns are safe and as long as youve got a few in the house youll be fine

Wake up morons, guns are bad!!!!

Nice to see that you think that by insulting people you are corroborating your claims...

We can link DOZENS of similar events in which KNIVES were used to kill people...

ASIA NEWS
Updated August 2, 2012, 6:13 a.m. ET
Teenager Kills 8 in China Knife Attack.

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIJING—A teenager killed eight people with a knife and wounded five more in northeast China after falling out with his girlfriend, state media said Thursday.

The teen killed two of her family members and six more people before fleeing, the state-run Legal Daily newspaper said. It reported he was caught but did not describe the circumstances.

online.wsj.com...

And she was a girl... (actually that was a man, but yes there have been events in which even girls and women used knives to kill several people)

School attacks in China (2010–2011)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 21 dead and some 90 injured. Analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kind of mass murder and murder-suicide incidents.

en.wikipedia.org...(2010%E2%80%932011)

Osaka school massacre

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Osaka School Massacre took place on June 8, 2001, at Ikeda Elementary School, an elite primary school affiliated with Osaka Kyoiku University in Osaka Prefecture, Japan.

At 10:15 that morning, 37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Even trained officers have been killed all around the world with knives...

Three officers killed in China knife attack

Aug 12, 2008 .

Knife-wielding assailants killed three government offiials during an attack at a road checkpoint in China's troubled far-west today. Officials say the recent violence, that has coincided with the Beijing Olympics, has taken the death toll to 30. The state-run Xinhua News Agency said a group of attackers jumped from a vehicle at a road checkpoint in Yamanya town in the Muslim-dominated Xinjiang territory at about 9am and stabbed four guards, killing three.

www.thenational.ae...

I can also link events in which everyday kitchen, and or farming items were used to make bombs around the world that were/are used to kill innocent people...

Are you going to BAN everything that can be used to kill innocents?...

The TRUE morons are those who think that banning guns, or anything else for that matter, would stop these killings...

edit on 14-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

something I ahve considered recently is that when you create a culture where there are laws governing almost every action, you end up with a society that is unable to exhibit self control.

There is a false sense of security in our laws. People expect that things will be "ok", and will point to a specific law as being a reason that they feel safe in this expectation.

On a different note, you can also tie this into the welfare/social support culture. When "charity" is the responsibility of the government, and funded via tax dollars, The People become reticent to provide for social support. They are already taxed for it, and (rightly) feel that it is therefore the responsibility of the people who have that money.

The need for a nanny state seems to remove the need for common sense. At least, that is what I have observed. I would think we might be better off demanding that people begin learning to "act right" by practicing it. Not requiring a law to tell them how not to act.

Which brings up my final point. Pythagoras, IMO the greatest thinker in human history, is noted for saying, "When free men require laws, they are no longer fit for freedom." Just something to think about.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Your kinda proving my point, Imagine if these deranged people had easy access to guns.
Instead of 8 deaths you would be looking at potentially 27!!!!

As for banning everything you know thats a stupid argument, guns and swords sole purpose is to kill things.
Cars fertiliser etc etc when used to hurt people are being misused.
Guns on the other hand, when used to kill are just doing what they were made for

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

something I ahve considered recently is that when you create a culture where there are laws governing almost every action, you end up with a society that is unable to exhibit self control.

There is a false sense of security in our laws. People expect that things will be "ok", and will point to a specific law as being a reason that they feel safe in this expectation.

On a different note, you can also tie this into the welfare/social support culture. When "charity" is the responsibility of the government, and funded via tax dollars, The People become reticent to provide for social support. They are already taxed for it, and (rightly) feel that it is therefore the responsibility of the people who have that money.

The need for a nanny state seems to remove the need for common sense. At least, that is what I have observed. I would think we might be better off demanding that people begin learning to "act right" by practicing it. Not requiring a law to tell them how not to act.

Which brings up my final point. Pythagoras, IMO the greatest thinker in human history, is noted for saying, "When free men require laws, they are no longer fit for freedom." Just something to think about.

Very eloquently put

I know you to be intelligent, where do you stand on your countries laws?

Do any amendments need to be repealed in your opinion?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

We have had crazies and weapons in the world for a very long time. Why all of this now?

Yes we have the same things have happened as long as their has been "civilization" the only thing that has changed is the instant media and sensationalism.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I would rather have no laws at all. I know how to act and no laws help clarify this knowledge for me.

As a "freedom fundamentalist" i believe that people should be aowed to act how they feel is prudent and then develop self control through practice.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Looks like you have a good idea!

MOTF!

Quite interesting how the ordinance was passed in 1982 and "coincidentally" this happened:

"Gun rights activist David Kopel has claimed that there is evidence that this gun law has reduced the incident rate of home burglaries citing that in the first year, home burglaries dropped from 65 before the ordinance, down to 26 in 1983, and to 11 in 1984.[19] Another report observed a noticeable reduction in burglary from 1981, the year before the ordinance was passed, to 1999. Kennesaw's crime rates have continued to decline and are well below the national average, making citizens feel safer and more secure.[20] Th Later research claims that there is no evidence that [the law] reduced the rate of home burglaries [in Kennesaw],[21][22] even though the overall crime rate had decreased by more than 50% between 1982 and 2005.[23]

The city's website[24] claims the city has the lowest crime rate in the county."

Seems like people with guns don't like getting shot with guns. Who would have thought bad people are less hesitant to go into a place where there are people with guns. I wonder... maybe that's why they choose these locations as easy targets.

They don't have guns.

Guns is the solution to the problem. If you ban them, they will still be there. So that argument makes no sense.

Criminals with guns really hope that they do ban guns ... it makes their job so much easier when the victim is helpless.

Everyone who wants to live, or at least have a chance of living in a bad situation, should own a gun.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I would rather have no laws at all. I know how to act and no laws help clarify this knowledge for me.

As a "freedom fundamentalist" i believe that people should be aowed to act how they feel is prudent and then develop self control through practice.

When you find a place where everyone is like this let me know, Ill move there with ya

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Vilhelm

Wonder what is coming over next couple weeks... I also wonder if these guys are also trying to save these children from the Muslims!!

Huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

As i stated in my first post, we can only learn to be that way (again) by reducing the nanny laws we have in place Laws should basically only enumerate responses to crimes in which a victim is made. Rape, murder, assault, theft....

But laws that regulate your morality (against guns, prostitution, drugs, liquor, etc) are, in my view, unjjust. From a perspective of social evolution, consider what effect creating a law for every aspect of life has. How it reduces the need for things like self control, self reliance, and accountability.

If we want that world, it is up to us to create it. And since we have seen that humans tend to not do what they are told (i.e., follow laws), then it would stand to reason that we should consider reevaluating our laws against statistics that display efficacy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Your kinda proving my point, Imagine if these deranged people had easy access to guns.
Instead of 8 deaths you would be looking at potentially 27!!!!

Yet, if they did this around me, I would use my gun to stop the killing. And, given my track record with marksmanship, i likely would do it with a single shot, before a second victim was made.

You ignore that key point that criminals and crazies will ignore the laws you observe. By observing the law, you are creating a sitting duck out of yourself. That seems hardly prudent, and it denies your right to defend your life.

You can outlaw guns. I know how to make one. You can outlaw bullets, and I can use something different. With a can of hairspray and a potato, i can blow a hole through your front door. Using the same design but substituting nitro (or hydrogen) for the hairspray, and a bowling ball for the potato, and I can make a canon.

Make your laws. There are people who are able to work around them. And, as we have seen with the bath salt/potpourri issue, banning an item only causes 3 substitutes to crop up in its place.

At what point do we decide that more laws just aren't going to work?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree with everything youve stated with the exception to gun laws.

In my opinion (well actually its a fact) guns are a tool exclusively for killing, with that in mind I think they should be banned.

In the Utopia you describe you wouldnt need to ban guns because no one would want one,

Lets buy an island somewhere and get this thing started

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Apparently such attacks are pretty common in China

en.wikipedia.org...

I was thinking about that.

Why are we hearing so much about this particular one? What is the media trying to do here? Children are massacred quite often in poor countries, or countries that keep their people poor (take your pick). It is not so often you hear about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vilhelm

And if he wasn't mentally handicapped.....he will be by the time they've finished with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join