It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Stone Vases-The Smoking Gun In The Advanced Technology Debate?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
For me today has being a revelation.....

not only did i get some answers from a practicle perspective..... ie old kingdom vase making....

BUT i got to see a self admited know it all.....smart-as#....school teacher.......with 30yrs of study....

claim ignorance??????......he admitted to not knowing about this publcation.........

so a study that the expert hasn't picked up on over the last 10yrs???????....yes....he's on top of his game...

why claim to be an expert when you're not......hey harte......

i learnt more to day from a pirate than 6yrs of posts from harte......the teacher......

Denys A Stocks did it .....harte didn't...neither did hans......yet for some reason h and h think that ther're opinion is the be all to end all.......

IN my eyes practicle examples like mr Stockes....beat the verbal gobble-de-gook of internet experts.....harte you fit into this catergory......all mouth...with no practicle examples.......

you would rather put down people than show by example.....is this what you want to be remembered by?????

look at the last 6 yrs of posts.....h and h have belittled and put down any one with a different opinion......

but yet h and h ......keep going on about the fringees......you are not educated or informed.....you low lifes.......

guess what.....neither are you puffs.........

harte ....you are a whingee with a degree........you quit engineering to become a teacher.....not every-one can handle engineering.....11 fellows started with me.....2off us are still working to-day in engineering.......

thank you ATS to-day....a great way to start the new year......

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tri-lobe-1
For me today has being a revelation.....

not only did i get some answers from a practicle perspective..... ie old kingdom vase making....

BUT i got to see a self admited know it all.....smart-as#....school teacher.......with 30yrs of study....

claim ignorance??????......he admitted to not knowing about this publcation.........

Too bad I can't teach you reading comprehension.

here's what I said:

I have never seen in e-form

FYI, "never" usually means not ever. "Seen" is, of course, looked at.

Now, the "e-form" part might be a little advanced for your level so let me take it slowly.

"E" attached to the front of a word typically refers to an abbreviation for "electronic." So, "electronic form" would mean, in this specific case, online. However. "e-form" can also refer to a copy of the book that an individual owner has scanned into his own personal electronic device.

Regarding the book itself, it's sitting on my shelf at home.

I'd rather have the e-version, though. Without physical proximity, it's difficult to shove the actual, physical book down the throats of you and your idiotic peers.

Perhaps you can get an older person, or a 3rd grader, to read this to you.

Harte

edit on 1/11/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanksyBoy

Originally posted by Harte

Shame he didn't attempt it in granite.

He did, sort of.

He conducted a series of experiments using copper tube drills on granite and hence knows the ratio. This was when he was also experimenting with sawing granite with copper slabbing saws with dry and wet sand abrasives.

IIRC, you can saw about 15 times the depth in limestone as you can in Aswan rose granite in equal amounts of time, according to Stocks' work.

Harte

Sort off ???

Quite how messing about with a copper tube drill, sawing a cut in a slab then getting out a calculator can be compared to crafting a perfectly balanced and polished pot i have no idea. Well I suppose so long as that pleases you then that's ok then.

Yes, you apparently have no idea.

See, the post that decried that Stocks didn't "do it" with granite was in resoponse to the information that was posted about Stock's work with limestone. Not about the beautiful cup that was mentioned earlier.

Now, personal incredulity might seem like a valid argument to you, but it's not.

If incredulity was a legitimate argument, all I would have to do is say "I can't believe you don't believe this" and anything you say would be thoroughly debunked.

Harte

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh you are funny Harte

There's a nice little saying...

"Those that can, do, those that can't, teach."

Funny how those that can, can't.

Please prove me wrong Mr Teacher with your newly fashioned, hand worked and polished, balancing Granite vase

edit on 14-1-2013 by BanksyBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Oh you are funny Harte

There's a nice little saying...

"Those that can, do, those that can't, teach."

Funny how those that can, can't.

Please prove me wrong Mr Teacher with your newly fashioned, hand worked and polished, balancing Granite vase

Gee, I've never built a car - guess I can't drive either. There's no explaining the mysterious workings of the internal combustion engine, let alone the obvious alien influence regarding an automatic transmission.

I can't build either one from iron ore, so they HAD to be alien-manufactured, or at least designed,

Harte
edit on 1/15/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
All somebody has to is make one from Granite...that's it....that's all I'm asking...simple... not clay, not chalk, not limestone, I'm not asking for Diamond, Granite, that is it fullstop.

Use the correct medium and I'll be happy..... what's the problem ? You can tell me you can hop skip and jump to the moon if you like so long as you show me.

Please stop telling me how something was done and show me.

And I'm not the one who keeps mentioning aliens.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

And I'm not the one who keeps mentioning aliens.

UI realize that.

But my analogy can't work with "lost technology," given that cars are being made every day.

Harte

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join