It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite way to eat bacon or what do you eat it with?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ok all my bacon lovers, here's one for you. Now until you try it don't discount it because it is totally amazing. Chocolate covered bacon. Center cut bacon cooked to a perfect crunch and dipped in a deep dark chocolate. OMG it's crazy good! Salty, crunchy, smokey, chocolatey and then the bacon.... just let the bacon cool well before dipping it. yummmmmmmm

I use to have this wonderful cat that would come in the kitchen every time I cooked bacon and just stare at the stove until it was done, he too hate that 5-10 min cool off time.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I can't understand??? - Obnoxious and Bacon?? in the same post??? No Freakin' way!!! There ain't nothin' obnoxious about bacon - no way - no how!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Get some pancakes

Top with Bacon

Top with Maple Syrup.

THE BEST.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyholes

I need a visual for that

yes I definitely see the need for this

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I eat my bacon fresh off the pig. Pick em up by the nose and the tail and dig my big o' chompers into them there meaty goodness. Of course I fry the whole thing alive first, dip em in whole keeps in the flava!

Seriously though i dont really like just bacon, but i love it with sandwiches, especially bagel egg cheese bacon.
edit on 8-11-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyholes
Ok all my bacon lovers, here's one for you. Now until you try it don't discount it because it is totally amazing. Chocolate covered bacon. Center cut bacon cooked to a perfect crunch and dipped in a deep dark chocolate. OMG it's crazy good! Salty, crunchy, smokey, chocolatey and then the bacon.... just let the bacon cool well before dipping it. yummmmmmmm
:

Yes, it is sinfully decadent.....I've even found it in candy shops...here ya go...enjoy....

ETA: I see obnoxiouschick has already done the honors of posting this....

Des
edit on 8-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
BACON PEASANTS BEHOLD YOUR GAAAWD!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
I can't understand??? - Obnoxious and Bacon?? in the same post??? No Freakin' way!!! There ain't nothin' obnoxious about bacon - no way - no how!

No one said bacon was obnoxious

would you rather have me change my name to baconchick

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

A bacon wrapped, chicken roll, stuffed (after cooking) with pine nut pesto & creme cheese. With a side of baba ghanoush (thickly spread on oven toasted pita bread), olives, dolmades, prawns (large shrimp for out American readers) and pickles. Enjoyed with a strongish South Australian red wine in the Beaujolais style.

Then a Champagne sorbet to refresh the palate

Followed by a "dessert" consisting of blue-vein brie cheese at room temperature, thinly sliced into wedges and drizzled with genuine Canadian maple syrup, enjoyed with a turkish coffee and port.

Om, nom, nom.
Cholesterol heaven!

To be consumed slowly and among friends.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Cold, chewy bacon. By itself. Or, ...with anything.
Lots of meat, little fat preferably.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Toast, butter (the real stuff, not that plastic garbage!), a light to moderate spreading of Tesco finest 3 fruit marmalade, topped with thin crispy bacon .....

Now I'm hungry, and have no bacon .... I hate this thread

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

A bacon wrapped, chicken roll, stuffed (after cooking) with pine nut pesto & creme cheese. With a side of baba ghanoush (thickly spread on oven toasted pita bread), olives, dolmades, prawns (large shrimp for out American readers) and pickles. Enjoyed with a strongish South Australian red wine in the Beaujolais style.

Followed by a "dessert" consisting of blue-vein brie cheese at room temperature, thinly sliced into wedges and drizzled with genuine Canadian maple syrup, enjoyed with a turkish coffee and port.

Om, nom, nom.
Cholesterol heaven!

That sounds great
you gonna invite me over when you cook it up

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick

Originally posted by chr0naut

Om, nom, nom.
Cholesterol heaven!

That sounds great
you gonna invite me over when you cook it up

Love to, but give me some warning before dropping in.

We have a butcher's just a bit down the road at a place called Pokeno, where they specialize in all things bacon.

Pokeno bacon is considered the best in New Zealand (and I tend to agree).

You can also get a 'cubed' breakfast bacon from them that is heaven when fried up crisp but the previous recipe requires strips to wrap the chicken.

Give the blue-vein brie in maple syrup a try too. It's my invention and everyone who has tried it has said it's better than chocolate (sweet & creamy with complex tastes).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I live in the southwest and my favorite way to eat bacon is to take fresh jalapeno's, scoop out the insides, stuff with cream cheese and wrap the jalapeno with bacon. Place them in the oven for 30-40 min at 350 deg. Its like a party in your mouth and everyone is invited.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm confused, is there a wrong way to eat bacon? I like it straight, but will eat it on anything.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
look up "epic meal time" on youtube or go to epicmealtime.com

Its a very entertaining viral cooking show with lots of
bacon strips &
bacon strips &
bacon strips &
bacon strips &
bacon strips

they have around a hundred episodes, and i cant think of any in particular to recommend, but theyre only between maybe 3 and 10 minutes so pick a couple and see what you think.

you may not want to recreate their recipes exactly, but you might get some ideas about different combinations, and if not then you should at least get some entertainment out of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I use bacon for the meat in one version of my homemade spaghetti sauce. I also love it in black eyed peas. I came across a recipe one time for a salad dressing made with hot bacon drippings instead of oil. It looked very tasty but I lost track of where I saw it before I got a chance to make it.

And then there is always this....

edit on 8-11-2012 by happykat39 because: added video

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I've found that the best way to eat bacon is by the pound.
It goes good with toast.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Strange coincidence.
Spoke with mi madre this evening and she mentioned she met Kevin Bacon at a hotel in St. Louis where she was assisting in an event.

Yes, bAcon, eggs (over-easy), toast and a side of kiwi fruit almost every morning.
Looking forward for the am.
Mobacon please.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

OMG, I am in love with you. Let's run away together and raise pigs!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join