It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon President a good idea...........?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Oh and since I didn't really answer the OP's question I will!

Yes a Mormon President is fine! Yep you heard me! Most mormons are compassionate, hardworking people.

but they picked the wrong one! And what I was trying to help anyone see is that Church is a convoluted and contrary as "Willard the Rat" Romney is!

There are however members at the top that prey on the sheep below with scams, schemes and outright theft! The church is a breeding ground for it and often encourages the pyramid structures that come with this! And Willard is their King Rat!

John Huntsman was at least an Honest non flip-flopping candidate! And would have made a find President! Too bad!

The Republicans were hi-jacked by Romney and as an independent I wish they could see that!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

The LDS faith is based ON THE BOOK OF MORMON!

But it starts with the bible. The Mormons read and study the bible. They believe in a resurrected Christ. There only Savior is Jesus Christ.

They do not worship Joseph Smith.

The Book of Mormon is additional history supposedly revealed to Joseph Smith by an angel.

They believe in a living Christ who appeared in many parts of the world after his resurrection.

The ward I went to was all about BIBLE study - - - we almost never used the other books.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by abeverage

I`ve read it, in fact I have one copy of the Book of the Mormon here.

There`s another member here agreeing with me. Our proble seems to be semantics.

By the way, what "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints" mean?
edit on 5-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

Have you read the Qur'an?
Do you think Muslims are Christians? Answer this question and stop deflecting. Just the name Jesus is in there doesn't mean that is what the Church is all about!

edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yes a Mormon President is fine! Yep you heard me! Most mormons are compassionate, hardworking people.

But they picked the wrong one! And what I was trying to help anyone see is that Church is a convoluted and contrary as "Willard the Rat" Romney is!

This we agree on.

There are however members at the top that prey on the sheep below with scams, schemes and outright theft! The church is a breeding ground for it and often encourages the pyramid structures that come with this! And Willard is their King Rat!

I believe this is how ALL organized religions are.

People are people - - they are individuals. You have opportunists in everything.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I honestly don't care that Romney is Mormon, I disagree with his policies (depending on the day of the week).

But I think it is HILARIOUS, that to vote out the black "muslim" guy Republicans have to vote for a Mormon.

The Right Wing has made such a big deal about Obama being Muslim, even though he isn't, and now they have to vote in a Mormon to get him out of there.

Poetic Justice at it's finest.

And then, Obama is most likely going to win anyway. Karma seems to have a sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Do you think Muslims are Christians? Answer this question and stop deflecting. Just the name Jesus is in there doesn't mean that is what the Church is all about!

My hubby says the only difference between Muslims and Christians is which brother you followed.

But its been 15 years since either of us were religious - - - I can't remember the follow up to that.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I`ve read it too. I understand your point of view about muslims and I think you have a point. But Christ is not a central point of their religion.

Citing another example The Orthodox Ethiopian Tewahedo Church have some different rituals but are still considered a Christian religion.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

But it starts with the bible. The Mormons read and study the bible. They believe in a resurrected Christ. There only Savior is Jesus Christ.

The Book of Mormon is additional history supposedly revealed to Joseph Smith by an angel.

They believe in a living Christ who appeared in many parts of the world after his resurrection.

The ward I went to was all about BIBLE study - - - we almost never used the other books.

I am going to yell a minute take no offense! I NEVER SAID THEY WORSHIP JOSEPH SMITH! LOL there yelling over

Now this is not an attack either just stating facts! You are right they believe in Jesus and he is the salvation but they believe FUNDIMENTALLY different things then an average Christian sect!

Answer these...

Do they believe God was a man? Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe multiple Gods made the earth...ie Micheal and Jehovah (you were sealed right?) Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe in 3 levels of heaven (Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial Kingdoms)www.mormonwiki.com... Christians DO NOT!
Do they follow the Doctrine & Covenants? Christians DO NOT!
Do they have a priesthood? Christians DO NOT!
Do they have a living Prophet? Christians DO NOT!
Do they baptize the dead? Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe in a non-pastor or an elected temporary leader of the local church (ie a calling to bishop instead of a paid minister)? Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe in Temple worship? Christians DO NOT!

I could go on but you obviously either don't know your own church or have never been to a non-denominational Christians church and heard the differences...

These are fundamentally as different as Muslims are to Christians

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I believe this is how ALL organized religions are.

People are people - - they are individuals. You have opportunists in everything.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

We agree again! As "Willard" would be in any church he was in a complete Opportunist! And he would get whatever he wants on our backs! No thanks!
edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Simple question really............. Is having a Mormon president a good idea......?

Short answer? Sure...Catholics were feared up until JFK. NASTY smear campaign against the catholics during that campaign.

A Mormon's dogma is no more unusual than a Christians...either viewed objectively has unusual beliefs and rituals,

If your question is specifically Mitt Romney? HELL NO.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I NEVER SAID THEY WORSHIP JOSEPH SMITH!

No you did not.

But many non-Mormons believe this - - and the way you worded it could have been interpreted wrong. I just wanted to clarify it.

Now this is not an attack either just stating facts! You are right they believe in Jesus and he is the salvation but they believe FUNDIMENTALLY different things then an average Christian sect!

I went on a life long quest "looking for God". I tried most main Christian beliefs and some non Christian beliefs.

They ALL have fundamental differences. The single connecting factor is Jesus is there only Savior and the resurrection.

Mormon is a Christian based belief. I mean - come on - its part of their official name.

Actually - - I found Mormons to be a bit arrogant and insulted if you referred to them as Christians. But in my experience - they are.

Answer these...

Not to brush you off or be rude - - but I don't care about those differences. All Christian based beliefs I tried had differences.

Are you a Fundamental Christian now? Just curious - - because they seem to be the only ones who care about these differences.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What happen to.....

"it doesnt matter what religion he is" or does that just pertain to Obama?

I love the change in stance and the all out attack on Romneys religion now.......

The hypocrisy is glaring..........

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Simple question really............. Is having a Mormon president a good idea......?

Err.. no, I really really doubt it´s a good idea.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Are you a Fundamental Christian now? Just curious - - because they seem to be the only ones who care about these differences.

No, I am a follower or believer of Christ, but I do not conform to any church nor do I call myself or consider myself to be a Christian. As my beliefs are fundamentally different...(here we go again).

On Joseph Smith he was and is far to venerated in the church which can a does take emphasis of of Jesus, IMHO.

To loop this back on topic, Willard being a Mormon has no impact on why I would not vote for him.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I am going to yell a minute take no offense! I NEVER SAID THEY WORSHIP JOSEPH SMITH! LOL there yelling over

Answer these...

Do they believe God was a man? Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe multiple Gods made the earth...ie Micheal and Jehovah (you were sealed right?) Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe in 3 levels of heaven (Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial Kingdoms)www.mormonwiki.com... Christians DO NOT!
Do they follow the Doctrine & Covenants? Christians DO NOT!
Do they have a priesthood? Christians DO NOT!
Do they have a living Prophet? Christians DO NOT!
Do they baptize the dead? Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe in a non-pastor or an elected temporary leader of the local church (ie a calling to bishop instead of a paid minister)? Christians DO NOT!
Do they believe in Temple worship? Christians DO NOT!

I could go on but you obviously either don't know your own church or have never been to a non-denominational Christians church and heard the differences...

These are fundamentally as different as Muslims are to Christians

Whoa slooooooooooooooooooow down people, the question was about a mormon president. Not intended to start a ciber religious war. We on this site consider ourselves more enlightened than the average guy. Then we start our own ww3 over such an inane question ....................... Richard Bach has a great passage in his book One where the truth is given and the guy is asked if he would defend it. I won't go into details but well worth a read. In truth we all believe what we believe but instead of attacking couldn't we all just have a drink together a discussion and share a few jokes ?
C'mon people we're better than this

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I can now say that everything I have ever needed to know about Mormonism I learned from a 70's cartoon on youtube. This should help people decide tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

To loop this back on topic, Willard being a Mormon has no impact on why I would not vote for him.

OK - - how about we shake hands here and agree with what we agreed on with Willard.

Loved the Willard the Rat
I don't think I've ever actually seen that movie - - but if I ever do I know what face I'm gonna super impose.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Whoa slooooooooooooooooooow down people, the question was about a mormon president. Not intended to start a ciber religious war. We on this site consider ourselves more enlightened than the average guy. Then we start our own ww3 over such an inane question ....................... Richard Bach has a great passage in his book One where the truth is given and the guy is asked if he would defend it. I won't go into details but well worth a read. In truth we all believe what we believe but instead of attacking couldn't we all just have a drink together a discussion and share a few jokes ?
C'mon people we're better than this

It was a bit off topic but I was trying to show that Mormons though they have common beliefs are as different a religion as Muslims. It was not an attack in the slightest I am not saying these beliefs are wrong or evil or anything other then they are different then most Christian beliefs.

Knowing and understanding the differences allows a person to make a judgment that either being a Mormon will have no impact on being the President...Or Being Mormon will have a HUGE impact on being a President.

Saying Mormons are a branch of Christianity is in error. From Methodist to Brethren to Baptists they have scriptural differences but not Fundamental ones ( in the examples I gave).

At that point the differences, not unlike a Christian using the Old Testament but not being a Jewish branch off to be a wholly different religion.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Whoa slooooooooooooooooooow down people, the question was about a mormon president.

Just so you know - - abeverage and I were both Mormons - - - debating semantics.

You can disagree - even in the same belief. No biggie.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Mormons are worse then Muslims? Oh please get a clue...Sigh!. This has nothing to do with the Mormon faith. Romney is a globalist elitist his Mormon background is just window dressing to try and portray him as as man of god when in fact he is a liar a cheat and a scumbag... No different then Obama or any other lying scum that gets the nod.

That is the real problem focusing on his religion is just a distraction...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join