It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon President a good idea...........?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i went to the mormon curch for maybe, 6 months.
i was asking an 'esteemed member', a guest speaker one day, to refine an answer he had just given.
he got visibly upset, which allowed me to 'see' thru his 'disguise'. i percieved him to be a demonic entity, with some 'reptillian' tendencies.
there is some info online linking the mormon church with reptillian/ draco beings. i don't have any bookmarked and i'm trying to find it again, maybe another member knows something on this?

one more thing to add ... i never gave the church any money, wich according to many, is all they care about.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by abeverage

Christians belief in Christ, that`s the definition.

So Muslims are christian?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Although the argument is made that somebody who is POTUS would not put their personal beliefs over what is best for the country, we all know that what actually happens is somewhat different.

I think back to George W. Bush, and his dragging God into his decisions to invade an innocent country, etc.

I personally do not think that it is possible for somebody who is a Mormon bishop to put his beliefs aside.

Having said that, I don't think that Romney will be our next president. I think the GOP wanted a candidate who wouldn't really win. Just as they put John McCain and Sarah Palin against Obama last time, they did the same thing this time, only not so obvious. It'll be a close one, but I predict Obama will get his second term.

Why do you think the GOP worked so hard to submarine Ron Paul's candidacy and chances? If Ron Paul was the GOP front runner, he would win, definitely. They had to pick somebody that is not really likeable, that will get some supporters but not enough to actually win.

Obama's beliefs are a different kettle of fish. The days of having an elected leader who actually governs as he or she is supposed to are long gone. It really doesn't matter which sock puppet gets in there, they'll do what they're told and serve their one true master: Big Money and the evil people that are behind it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Mormons are not Christians!

YES! They are.

There only Savior is Jesus Christ.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) certainly regards itself as Christian. The Church leadership and membership believe that they represent the true Christian church. They teach that the Christian movement lost its way in the second century CE and was restored by Joseph Smith in 1830. www.religioustolerance.org...

There are over 1500 different Christian sects in North America alone. They all have variations of Christian belief.

Just because you think yours is the "true" belief - - - does not make it so.

This section describes how most Christian denominations can be sorted into 15 families, according to their historical roots. We have largely patterned the following list of Christian families of denominations after the work of J Gordon Melton, the editor of the Encyclopedia of American Religions. 1 It is one of many possible ways of sorting individual denominations. www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Versus a closet Muslim? If Christians had their way, we would have true Christians in office, not politicians who just say they are Christians to get the vote. What you should vote on is morals. Romney may be a Morman but his morals, his view of life in general agrees with my Christian values. Obama, on the other hand, has yet to convince me of his Christianity. Obama upholds things that don't agree with my values and sympathizes with a religion that is against every freedom I hold dear in this country. So, whether the politician is your 'religion' or 'non-religion', you must have morals that guide you in your everyday life. That is what you vote for, not who is most popular like a silly school teenager. You vote morals and that will guide this nation down a path you may be able to live with.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

YES! They are.

There only Savior is Jesus Christ.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) certainly regards itself as Christian. The Church leadership and membership believe that they represent the true Christian church. They teach that the Christian movement lost its way in the second century CE and was restored by Joseph Smith in 1830. www.religioustolerance.org...

There are over 1500 different Christian sects in North America alone. They all have variations of Christian belief.

Just because you think yours is the "true" belief - - - does not make it so.

This section describes how most Christian denominations can be sorted into 15 families, according to their historical roots. We have largely patterned the following list of Christian families of denominations after the work of J Gordon Melton, the editor of the Encyclopedia of American Religions. 1 It is one of many possible ways of sorting individual denominations. www.religioustolerance.org...

They are no more Christian then Jews are Christian or Christians are Jews. Muslims also profess a belief that Jesus will return and THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS! lol
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Quite simply, I don't want a religious extremist of ANY stripe in the white house, whether he/she be Mormon, Fundamentalist Christian, Muslim (like that would happen) etc....

King Bush the Junior's prattling on about talking to god was scary enough. I don't want to live in a theocracy. At this point there seems to be little that separates us from our "enemies" on our worst days. IMO this is one of the big ones.

To say it plainly another way -- I respect Rongney's right to believe any way he chooses. And more power to him (in that regard, at least. haha) but I do not want his nutty beliefs to be affecting the policies he creates or backs. It seemed like under Bush the Junior there was a major set-back in proper education for our youth, in a lot of places. This was, of course, an effect of not only having an extremist, fundamentalist president, but having republicans with extreme christian (political) views dominating pretty much all branches of government.

The very last thing I want is another president who believes we have a moral obligation to back Israel, even if that means possible nuclear or world war. Or another president who believes he has an obligation to fulfil "god's prophecies," or who thinks he will be a White Knight for the End Times.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is actually one of the rare areas that I have been in agreement with Romney on: That one's faith should not play any role in the office of Presidency, something he had declared at a previous debate. So in this case, at face value, I see no issue with it.

He continues to not have my support in being President though, not one iota.
Don't trust him.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Quite simply, I don't want a religious extremist of ANY stripe in the white house, whether he/she be Mormon, Fundamentalist Christian, Muslim (like that would happen) etc....

Me either.

I hope I see an atheist president in my lifetime.

The blogs/forums would be on fire with that one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Are there really any true Christians? As far as I can tell every denominations cherry picks from the Bible often ignoring things which may not be easily followed in modern society or just plain inconvenient.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
PS-- IMO Mormonism is a fine religion, but they have doctrines / practices which do NOT accord with typical
"christian" belief from what I've seen.

I used to be in the mormons-are-just-kind-of-ecclectic-christians camp, myself. That is, until I started to learn more of their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Since you posted a wikipedia link, I answer with this one

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
PS-- IMO Mormonism is a fine religion, but they have doctrines / practices which do NOT accord with typical
"christian" belief from what I've seen.

I used to be in the mormons-are-just-kind-of-ecclectic-christians camp, myself. That is, until I started to learn more of their beliefs.

I don't have a problem with Mormons most of my family is!!! Most as with all people are good hearted people!

And you are 100% correct. There is a difference between interpreting the bible and then adding your own DOCTRINE and following that people who don't know the church but only from the surface see.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Mormons truly seem to worship Joseph Smith more than Jesus Christ. I was a member for 2 years and every week in church the Lord Jesus Christ's name was rarely spoken. I can attest to the multitude of times Joseph Smith was revered. Moroni as well, and even Moroni is on top of every temple.

Though the name of the church is Jesus Christ of latter day Saints, the focus on Jesus, his magnificence and glory are rarely magnified. Joseph Smith would be proud he is given some much love and adoration.

Even Joseph Smith's own words proclaim how awesome he is.

carm.org...

"I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."

I choose to follow more humble persons and my allegiance is to Jesus Christ and not some man.

edit on 5-11-2012 by GoldenVoyager because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Mormons also helped me to trace my family up to 1720, I can`t complain about them lol

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I was a Mormon and I married a Mormon do not assume you know more about my former Church then I do! They are no more Christian then Jews are Christian or Christians are Jews. Muslims also profess a belief that Jesus will return and THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS! lol

Exactly! Do not assume.

I married a born Mormon - - went through the process of joining the church - - - and was married/sealed in the Temple.

I was very much into it for several years.

They ARE Christian. There only Savior is Jesus Christ.

Just like every Christian based group - - they think their belief is right - - and everyone else has it wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma

Since you posted a wikipedia link, I answer with this one

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps you should read the part... "based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth"

The LDS faith is based ON THE BOOK OF MORMON! LOL hence the name Mormons! It is also based on the Teaching of Joseph Smith compiled in the Doctrine of Covenants. You have probably never read either. I have multiple times! I WAS MORMON! They are not Christian they a fundamentally as different as Muslims who also believe in Jesus please open your mind.

I am not against them at all as a separate religion and as individuals.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I was a Mormon and I married a Mormon do not assume you know more about my former Church then I do! They are no more Christian then Jews are Christian or Christians are Jews. Muslims also profess a belief that Jesus will return and THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS! lol

Exactly! Do not assume.

I married a born Mormon - - went through the process of joining the church - - - and was married/sealed in the Temple.

I was very much into it for several years.

They ARE Christian. There only Savior is Jesus Christ.

Just like every Christian based group - - they think their belief is right - - and everyone else has it wrong.

Then you know that the Church is based off the belief and foundation of D&C and the BOM right? Not the bible! Anymore then a Christian is a Jew for using the Old Testament!

And why are not still a member? Please explain why a Muslim is not a Christian? Do you see the argument?
edit on 5-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I`ve read it, in fact I have one copy of the Book of the Mormon here.

There`s another member here agreeing with me. Our proble seems to be semantics.

By the way, what "The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints" mean?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Mormons are very sheltered and have a very odd world-view compared to even Southern Baptists.

Most of the ones I went to school/worked with were very socially awkward, to the point where it was almost endearing in a way.

Look, things weren't "better" in the 1950's "nucelar family-values America" where Romney wants to live.

I don't want to go backwards. I like social liberalism and a foreward thinking society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join