It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Columbian exploration of America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Polynesians were originally native to Taiwan, the indigenous people of the island are still there and are very similar culturally.

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

" Timeline doesn't work out. At the time point when Olmecs were flourishing, the Polynesians were just beginning to begin migrating out of the Philippines. Plus the art and architecture isn't a match. "

Sorry , I just Cannot take your Word for that . Show me the Data that corroborates your Claim .

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Show me the Data that corroborates your Claim .

Why should she?
You didn't.

Harte

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I Present a Premise , a Theory . His Roll is to Prove my Premise or Theory Wrong With Substantiated FACTS . I'm Waiting . Scientists can be Somewhat Arrogant in their Unopened Mindedness and Embedded Belief Systems Sometimes . Just Look at Bill Ney .......

edit on 25-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Those statues look negroid, and if I had a punt on the matter, I would have a serious look at Mali, they collected every book they could get their hands on. The king was on a mission.At the moment they are trying to get all the books in digital format. the library at Timbuktu rivaled the one at Alexandria. If the desert was green back then contact with sub-Saharan Africa would have been a given. Even there Doctors back in the day asked patients to bring a urine sample in a clean container.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Those statues look negroid, and if I had a punt on the matter, I would have a serious look at Mali, they collected every book they could get their hands on. The king was on a mission.At the moment they are trying to get all the books in digital format. the library at Timbuktu rivaled the one at Alexandria. If the desert was green back then contact with sub-Saharan Africa would have been a given. Even there Doctors back in the day asked patients to bring a urine sample in a clean container.

" Those statues look negroid "

No , I Disagree Sir . That A.I. Generated Face seems to me to be a Blend of Australian Aboriginal and Polynesian Bloodlines . LOOK Again .

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   

" Timeline doesn't work out. At the time point when Olmecs were flourishing, the Polynesians were just beginning to begin migrating out of the Philippines. Plus the art and architecture isn't a match. "

Sorry , I just Cannot take your Word for that . Show me the Data that corroborates your Claim .

You can google Olmec civilization and Polynesian migrations. Bingo.

Seriously, when someone comes up with something that challenges an idea you have, don't you go to search engines to see if there's anything to the claim? Or do you just assume that your memory and understanding is perfect?

Me, I look things up.

If you want to go to a REALLY deep dive, then you can check the DNA migration pattern and the linguistic migration patterns. That last one, though, is kind of boring and obscure. But it's there.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Those statues look negroid,

They don't, actually. Thick lips are a common trait in ALL ethnic groups (you're relying on old caricatures of Blacks, I suspect) - Native Americans also have epicanthic eyelid folds to some degree though not present in all. However, most Africans have a long skull and most Native Americans (including Central and South Americans) have round skulls.

Like the sculpture.

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I Present a Premise , a Theory . His Roll is to Prove my Premise or Theory Wrong With Substantiated FACTS . I'm Waiting . Scientists can be Somewhat Arrogant in their Unopened Mindedness and Embedded Belief Systems Sometimes . Just Look at Bill Ney .......

You don't know much about how logic works.

Harte

posted on May, 30 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

An Arab library.

Harte

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 03:27 AM
link   

If the king of Mali was said to have disappeared over the western ocean. and there was a lot of corroborating evidence that this was indeed the case, it would mean that there would have to be a reappraisal of Western history. The fact that they recorded that the earth was a sphere in the library at Timbuktu seems to have been quietly forgotten. if they knew the Earth was a sphere it would put them at a higher intellectual level than the Europeans of the same era. The fact that the pilot of the voyage that Columbus had with him was an African suggests that a few other people already knew the way. Perhaps Columbus wanted to bet on sure things.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

If the king of Mali was said to have disappeared over the western ocean. and there was a lot of corroborating evidence that this was indeed the case, it would mean that there would have to be a reappraisal of Western history.

Not necessarily. They could have simply lost their fleet in a storm or gotten conquered by natives or wiped out in some other way.

The fact that they recorded that the earth was a sphere in the library at Timbuktu seems to have been quietly forgotten. if they knew the Earth was a sphere it would put them at a higher intellectual level than the Europeans of the same era. The fact that the pilot of the voyage that Columbus had with him was an African suggests that a few other people already knew the way. Perhaps Columbus wanted to bet on sure things.
The ancient world knew the Earth was a sphere. Educated people probably knew it. The spread of Islam absorbed many libraries which held the learning of antiquity.

IMHO various pirate groups knew about the Old World. Perhaps Columbus was simply tasked with breaking the news to Europe, so the New World wouldn't become a pirate kingdom?
edit on 4-6-2023 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

If the king of Mali was said to have disappeared over the western ocean. and there was a lot of corroborating evidence that this was indeed the case, it would mean that there would have to be a reappraisal of Western history. The fact that they recorded that the earth was a sphere in the library at Timbuktu seems to have been quietly forgotten. if they knew the Earth was a sphere it would put them at a higher intellectual level than the Europeans of the same era. The fact that the pilot of the voyage that Columbus had with him was an African suggests that a few other people already knew the way. Perhaps Columbus wanted to bet on sure things.

Please stop making up your own history.
Humans have known the Earth was a sphere LONG before the Arabs started writing the texts collected in this library.

Harte

posted on Jun, 6 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

If the king of Mali was said to have disappeared over the western ocean. and there was a lot of corroborating evidence that this was indeed the case, it would mean that there would have to be a reappraisal of Western history. The fact that they recorded that the earth was a sphere in the library at Timbuktu seems to have been quietly forgotten. if they knew the Earth was a sphere it would put them at a higher intellectual level than the Europeans of the same era.

I say, old bean, have you forgotten Eratothsenes who calculated the circumference of the Earth by using shadows in wells? And Pythagoras who showed the Earth to be a globe? (etc)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join