It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a phobia? What if it is related to your previous death?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I don't consider the sounds as phobias either. I should have made that clearer in the opening post. That is a totally separate group of sensations in this thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here's something strange. I have a nagging memory of being bitten by a dog, and somehow know exactly what it feels like, even though I have never been bitten by a dog. I'm also slightly uneasy around very large dogs, like German Shepherds. I can warm up to them after a few minutes, but upon initially encountering one I'm always hesitant to let it near me.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

Here I see some really deep connectios too. Things like these make you wonder. In my mind I would see a possibility to link 'practical' fears to this theorized event we are speaking of. No meaning to undermine other fears thou...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
my phobia is snakes...and getting bitten by one, nearly happens befores.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

nope in all my flying dreams or really in ALL my dreams i cant remember a single occasion of even seeing a powerline or being aware of the presence of a powerline

in my dreams when i fly its kinda like superman style, no wings or flapping, nothing but flight without effort, only struggle regarding that i sometimes have in those dreams is like the ability is wearing down, i start descending unwillingly and struggling to reascend,

but nope never an issue with powerlines
edit on 10/17/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Between the ages of 3 and 9, I had an irrational fear of being burned alive in a movie theater...

If I was attending a movie with my family, I would always complain/cry due to the fact that there were not enough emergency exits. The thought of every emergency exit being blocked by a wall of fire could not escape my head. Sitting close to the aisle was the only thing that could provide me any solace from my fears; consequently (in my mind) this would allow me to be one of the first to escape any fiery inferno that had a 90% chance of occurring. I remember there were times I would miss a majority of a movie due to me planning out my escape plan in my adolescent mind.

I have never had any visions/reoccurring dreams regarding me getting burned alive in any sense. This fear only came about when I was younger and physically sitting in a movie theater. Do I think this fear could be from an event that had happened in a previous life? Possibly. Do I think this fear is from something I had seen on t.v. and/or heard about during my toddler years? Possibly. Do I like to eat ice cream? On occasion. Do I like to have had decent beer after a long, hard week? F*** yes!

Long story short, I eventually beat my irrational fear to the curb after my 9-year-old friends made fun of me during a field trip. Looking back on it, this is a case were social pressures actually had a positive outcome in the end. Reading all of the other replies to the OP, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this particular category.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
I've thought along the same lines OP. It's a fear of water and drowning for me. I'd have full on hallucinations as a little kid aged four or so. I used to wake up feeling like i was under water and I'd see fish and sea-weed everywhere. Up until i was around 12 I'd have to make sure all the taps weren't dripping in fear of a flood, if either of my parents took a bath i'd have to wait until they were finished so i could double check the taps weren't dripping in hopes my parents wouldn't drown in their sleep. I still remember the accompanying re-occurring dream I'd have about the drowning and watching other people drown.

In the dream I was on a tropical Asian style island looking at a huge impenetrable globe of water. I'd always see palm trees floating around inside the globe, wooden wreckage and people floating around and eventually drowning, it was a really traumatic re-occurring dream.

To this day I can't watch people drown in movies without feeling faint and irrationally anxious.

I have the exact same feeling when watching people drown in movies. They don't even have to be drowning -- just them being under water at all. I feel like I can't breathe, and I get light-headed. What's weird is that I don't have a fear of water or drowning myself. I can be in water, on the water, whatever - it doesn't bother me. But when I see people under water, it really bothers me. Maybe in another life, I watched a loved one drown??

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Nice to see people sharing thoughts, a big thanks for every reply on board and yet to come. The fact is, we will never know. Although, never say never. I think that you can't carry exact memories from your previous lives with you, but somehow I have a sensation that very intense happenings can be felt afterwards. Why else would we have these odd, obscure fears, only relating to certain things? And this I mean in cases when there is no experience of that event or a similar event in this life.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's a neat concept for a thought experiment, but -- equally valid (from that perspective) -- is the notion that your phobia's relate to a future death....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I disagree, or let's say, my understanding of time and information flow doesn't allow this kind of knowledge beforehand.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

Fair enough. My journey leads me to the understanding that "time," as we know it anyway, is largely illusion. But that's my path. I am fine with yours.

Still -- I wonder if you might mediate your way towards a different end in your former life, and destroy your phobia at its source? You know --- as a thought experiment.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Being eaten alive.

Or burned alive.

Those are my two greatest phobias in that order.

I was almost burned alive as a infant, a fire that took my Moms life. Maybe that also explains why I have a fascination with fire as well.

The other phobia...think about it. It would have to be terrifying and painful.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think we are almost at the same page. Time in itself is only our measurement of happenings at a certain place. But I just don't think you can get to that place or any other place that has already elapsed. Unless you are caught between two blackholes, then it should be possible to journey 'further out' and still end up at the place you started, at the time you started.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Interesting.

I was told by a psychic my brother killed me in a previous life. (there is a lot more to that - - its very probable).

Other then that - - can't think of anything.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think I was a fly in a past life, because I have a phobia of spiders!

Seriously, I have a vision, or image that I used to see in my minds eye when I was a kid, sometimes in my dreams, and it would scare me so bad, I would have an anxiety attack. It still does when I picture it again- yet there is no reasonable answer as to why!

It is two men, they seem to be wearing robes, and both turning upon themselves, like a dervish. One is turning fast, and the other slow. They are also chanting, at the same time.

I have no idea why, but it freaks me out. Even thinking about it right now is making my heart race!
I've always wondered if that wasn't a memory of a past life event... like a ceremony of some sort.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i have one KNOWN fear: the fear of dying! I never want to leave our beautiful planet; even though i know, something more SPLENDID awaits me.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

What a sweet collection of madness this thread is going to be
and yet we all seem to share this phenomenon in one way or another. Does it mean our mind is this fragile, or is there an event that we fully don't comprehend?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Could it mean that you are on a first trip? Newborn soul?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Im on hold.. does anyone ever actually intend to speak when they call you??

Somewhere on here Id written about it.. I dont believe in past lives ( but would consider evidence contrary to my belief) , but as far as an example of an irrational fear or revulsion.. its a good one.
I dont like ANYTHING touching my writsts or ankles. Watches, high top shoes, tight socks,.. nada. I choose coats and shirts and shoes, etc.. really carefully. I will react to you if you grab me by the wrist... as in I might hurt you unintentionally. Its less now that Im older, but in my 20's I allowed my college room mate who had a real interest in psychology poke at me.
I tried to sit there while she put rubber bands, scarves, etc on my wrists and ankles to describe the sensation.. up until she grabbed me by the wrist without me preparing for it. I feel a terrible crawly nervy sensation and then just feel like violently reacting. I dont feel.. like a "fear" per se. Maybe an explosion of anxiety.. not really registering as an anxiety.. because I dont FEEL what people describe as anxiety? Dont know. Just dont like it and will prevent it or fight against it.
A poster here suggested that in a past life I was bound by wrist and ankles at some point in a past life that had something to do with my death. I dont know.. maybe? All I can say is that I have NO reason for this feeling or reaction throughout my life and its completely irrational. I have quirks and do funny things in real life. Id LOVE to able to blame it on a past life though. LOL!

This DID make me consider folks who go nutso in police custody though... being bound by the wrists.

PS.. LOL! Its such a common thing to me I didnt think of it until now to mention.. in a sport I participate in I have to use gloves.. I roll the wrist part up and tape it.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Past lives? There is no such thing, nor is there any reason to believe there is. The way we repress memories is likely the culprit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join