It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a phobia? What if it is related to your previous death?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I've been pondering a long time why I get the creeps of certain sounds and surroundings. For instance, when I here metals (like forks and knives) rub into each other I instantly get goose bumps and all my 'strengths' are gone. It's even worse with a metal and a rough ceramic plate even though the sound doesn't perfectly match to the previous. I just feel very vulnerable at that moment.

There's another sound that gives me the creeps too. When someone is picking dirt with the thumbnail underneath another nail, if the nails are pushed together with a small force, at the moment the nails separate, there is a small, small sound of a snap. That little sound raises my blood pressure through the roof instantaneously... Somehow I get a feeling of breaking bones. Okey, I might be weird, I'm willing to accept that... but, I know there are others with much more creepier dislikes.

And then there are the phobias. I am well aware that they might have been caused by dramatic events or suggestion in some sort, but... what if there would be another explanation?

First the sounds, think of it like this. If we believe in a journey of the soul, well then we have to physically die at some moment for the soul to continue. At that moment the soul is still attached to us, and feeling everything, memorizing. What if the moment of death is in fact a very audible event, and so intens that it travels along to our next physical life? And these weird reactions to sounds are just a flashback to that particular moment? And about the phobias, what if they tell you under which circumstances you died previously?

I'm not counting for them all to be a result of that, so spare me the clown sceneries

I'm looking forward to read your opinions!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

i was killed by a train in my last life

my only phobia is of spiders,

i have no fear of trains, i think they are actually pretty cool from an engineering perspective, have ridden them stood in front of them, crossed tracks with only seconds to spare before they passed all with no fear or uneasiness,

so idk bout this,

although to be honest i have often pondered if in a life of mine before the last one even further back maybe a spider got me? who knows.

oh also one thing that really bugs me is the feeling in your hand when writing on paper with a #2 pencil, i hate it, actually makes me nauseous however i have no problems with writing by pen or holding a pencil or even poking my skin with the pencil or whatever,

so what did somehow in a last life i died by writing the wrong thing? or in the act of writing?

also why is everyone so sensitive to nails on a chalkboard? was there an apocalyptic event which occurred that happened with that sound?

idk just thoughts
edit on 10/17/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Metal-on-Metal:

Swords clashing on a battlefield maybe?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Sounds interesting! When and where did you die? Who were you? I had no idea that people could have such strong reflections from their past. Do you remember anything else?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Perhaps
And the worse part with ceramics involved? Maybe that is when I hear the sword penetrating my helmet... until something snaps

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't know, I'm not entirely convinced I had a life before this one (unless it was in the ocean because it's hard to pry me from the ocean lol) but I think if it is true that we reincarnate that it would make sense that some things, like phobias due to previous life events, might carry over into our current life. It certainly is possible I suppose!

edit on 17-10-2012 by Miri08 because: spelling and add on

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I cringe when a folded piece of paper is creased with a finger(nail)..My worst phobia are those hairy house centipedes that move a thousand miles an hour.I would rather run into a mouse.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Interesting subject, and one I can completely relate to. I have debilitating phobias that stem from a recurring nightmare I had as a child.
I wrote about it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have tried to overcome my phobias of heights, deep water, and driving by facing it as much as possible.
I even this past year went over the longest bridge over the ocean. But put me in a shopping mall with more than one level and I have a panic attack.
I have a drivers license and a car. But I have never driven it. At this point in my life, I believe I never will. Every time i tried to get behind the wheel, the same panic and fear would overtake me. I believe my fear itself of crashing would cause me to be a hazard on the road, so I simply never have.
But I have no qualms about squishing a spider...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

How are you so sure that you were hit by a train?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

i was very young just a child, very poor, think it was mexico or some other spanish country, the train was within a block of my home, my mother was single and way to young, lived alone, i was unhappy, i met the train with a hug to escape it all,

thats all i know about any of my past lives, just that one, and just that bit.

Originally posted by BlindBastards

How are you so sure that you were hit by a train?

hard to explain, guess you could say it was a vision i had, though to me it was so much more then that, was many years ago but i wont ever forget it,
edit on 10/17/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have often thought of this concept, but who is to say that we would be reborn a human and not an ape or a dog?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I totally see a pattern in your phobias. They could be patched into one probable event.

What about sounds? Anyone got any weird dislikes?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The topic doesn't necessarily tie you into a human body. Or that wasn't the purpose anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
When I was young I had no problem climbing trees, roof's of house's in fact I had no fear of heights at all.
Somewhere around 19 or 20 I started getting a fear of heights. I get really bad Vertigo even crossing a bridge and yet when I am sleeping I am constantly having dreams of flying and having control of my flight, my only worry when I fly is being stopped by powerlines.
I read somewhere that our phobia's kick in when we reach the age that we died in a previous life. so perhaps I fell from a great height at 19 or 20.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

I have dreams all of the time of me flying around like a bird and I am also afraid of heights. I get quite the Elvis shaking legs when I am climbing.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

i second (third?) this, i too get vertigo when up high say above 50 feet or so, yet i very often have dreams of flying

and it is so much fun to fly,

so much so that i really really hope one day to be able to try skydiving with a wing suit, i wanna fly!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Do you ever have problems with power - lines, that is a constant in my flying dreams. I sometimes use them to propel myself higher only to find more power - lines.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Heres my little list

1 moths (i cringe just saying the word)

2 earwigs

I dont like the sound of a fork on a plate or finger nails on a chalkboard.

But i dont count them as phobias

The main one crowded rooms

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I've thought along the same lines OP. It's a fear of water and drowning for me. I'd have full on hallucinations as a little kid aged four or so. I used to wake up feeling like i was under water and I'd see fish and sea-weed everywhere. Up until i was around 12 I'd have to make sure all the taps weren't dripping in fear of a flood, if either of my parents took a bath i'd have to wait until they were finished so i could double check the taps weren't dripping in hopes my parents wouldn't drown in their sleep. I still remember the accompanying re-occurring dream I'd have about the drowning and watching other people drown.

In the dream I was on a tropical Asian style island looking at a huge impenetrable globe of water. I'd always see palm trees floating around inside the globe, wooden wreckage and people floating around and eventually drowning, it was a really traumatic re-occurring dream.

To this day I can't watch people drown in movies without feeling faint and irrationally anxious.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Catoptrophobia ... also called Spectrophobia ... is the fear of mirrors.
I don't have a phobia of them but I think they are really creepy when used for decorations.
I don't mind the ol' bathroom mirror. But when they are used as decorations it's freak'n weird.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join