It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twilight, chemtrails, infrared and the return of Planet X

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

L’heure entre chien et loup.

The hour between dog and wolf, or the time between dog and wolf. I'm told it's a common expression in French, referring to the hour between the end of the afternoon and the beginning of the evening. More simply, the twilight hour.

At twilight the world burns red.
There, a shadow creeps down the hill.
Is it a friendly dog? Or a vicious wolf?
This is the hour when I can't tell...
L'heure entre chien et loup.

L'heure entre chien et loup.

Twilight: that time of day when you can't tell the dog from the wolf. Recently there was a thread on ATS called "Nightfall." It described a possible recurring situation in which mankind comes to the brink of disaster again and again, in this particular case, based on plasma gone wild in the atmosphere.

Nightfall

To me it didn't seem to get enough exposure and I thought that perhaps it was because night has not yet fallen and we are still in twilight.

Rise, Set, and Twilight Definitions /Navy

Civil twilight is defined to begin in the morning, and to end in the evening when the center of the Sun is geometrically 6 degrees below the horizon. This is the limit at which twilight illumination is sufficient, under good weather conditions, for terrestrial objects to be clearly distinguished;

Nautical twilight is defined to begin in the morning, and to end in the evening, when the center of the sun is geometrically 12 degrees below the horizon. At the beginning or end of nautical twilight, under good atmospheric conditions and in the absence of other illumination, general outlines of ground objects may be distinguishable, but detailed outdoor operations are not possible, and the horizon is indistinct.

Astronomical twilight is defined to begin in the morning, and to end in the evening when the center of the Sun is geometrically 18 degrees below the horizon. Before the beginning of astronomical twilight in the morning and after the end of astronomical twilight in the evening the Sun does not contribute to sky illumination; for a considerable interval after the beginning of morning twilight and before the end of evening twilight, sky illumination is so faint that it is practically imperceptible.

From these definitions it is clear that there are many shades of twilight although they all have one thing in common: the sun is below the horizon. It still gives light to varying degrees in the various twilights, but it has gone.

Astronomical twilight is the one I used to be most fond of because it is in that faint light that a non-chemtrailed sky, in places, briefly, takes the color of Prussian blue.

This discussion of twilight pertains primarily to mid latitudes. Yet, the discussion remains incomplete without considering extremes, i.e. twilight at the poles and twilight at the equator.

Twilight Astronomy from Antarctica

The Sun sets at the South Pole on the date of the vernal equinox (a northern hemisphere-centric statement!), an event that lasts for about a day, as the Sun rolls along the horizon. Twilight itself lasts over a month, before the sky gets truly dark.

The question of how far the Sun must be below the horizon for true dark time conditions to exist also raises an interesting question for Antarctica, as the reduced levels of scattering in the atmosphere mean that the Sun can be closer to the horizon than at a temperate site.

The classical view of astronomical dark time occurring when the Sun drops more than 18 degrees below the horizon clearly does not apply at the South Pole in the infrared!

Why is twilight short near the equator?

I have now read in several different books which relate the adventures of world travelers the same observation about the sunset at the equator. They state that at the equator "darkness falls almost instantly after sunset, there is no twilight".

This is a very good question. The reason is a little complicated to understand, though. The simple answer is that at low latitudes, the sun sets perpendicular to the horizon, while at higher latitudes, the sun can set at a more oblique angle, allowing it to remain close to the horizon after sunset for a longer period of time.

Is twilight shorter at the equator?

Yes, twilight is shorter at the equator and longer closer to the poles.

As seen from equatorial latitudes, the sun drops quickly down toward the horizon – and it just as quickly sinks below the horizon. So darkness falls suddenly.

The twilight of a civilization is full of things half seen. The wolves of our society seize their opportunity to commit acts in half light, knowing they will never be subjected to the full glare of day. Bad becomes good and wrong becomes right...in the context of earth changes imminent.

Washington Post 1983 - Planet X Discovered

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

The mystery body was seen twice by the infrared satellite as it scanned the northern sky from last January to November, when the satellite ran out of the supercold helium that allowed its telescope to see the coldest bodies in the heavens. The second observation took place six months after the first and suggested the mystery body had not moved from its spot in the sky near the western edge of the constellation Orion in that time.

I have an Astak Mole. It's an infra red security camera that can be remotely adjusted and viewed from an android. It is so sensitive that the glare from a bumper, in pitch blackness, in too close proximity, will wash it out and the reflection from a jet passing overhead will, temporarily, do the same. Moths look like blue bubbles in the dead of night. A person, coming into view, in the dark, is illuminated as though in flood lights, without giving any real time indication of light. Night vision use shows up on this camera as a straight line of site. It's about a $300 piece of equipment. The equipment that our space program has is infinitely more sophisticated and costly. What there is to see has been seen and understood.

IRAS was to have scanned the whole sky and issued a definitive report by March/April of this year.

NASA 'Freudian Slip' Confirming Search for (Nibiru Type?) Planet-X W.I.S.E. Detection!

(OP continued next post...)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
(continued from OP...)

The first atomic bomb:

The First Atomic Bomb Blast, 1945

The events that took place in a remote area of New Mexico during the predawn hours of July 16, 1945 forever changed the world. In the early morning darkness the incredible destructive powers of the atom were first unleashed and what had been merely theoretical became reality.

UFOs & Nuclear Sites

UFO researcher Robert Hastings discussed declassified documents, as well as witness testimony that confirms UFO incursions at nuclear weapons sites, weapons laboratories, and bomb test sites. UFO activity accelerated after WWII, around the time that the testing and deploying of nuclear weapons began in America. Initially, the premise was that the unidentified craft were Soviet devices, though Hastings became convinced "we're dealing with multiple races from multiple worlds."

I'm not an alien but if I were and if there was a sort of galactic alliance of sentients, an atomic bomb in the hands of human beings would make me sit up and take notice. It's a marker of sorts in that destruction is on its' way to outer space in the hands of idiots. Having seen it before, I might set things in motion to curb this behavior. If the behavior continued, I might provide a glimpse of events to come. In the 1960's there was a glimpse of something close to our solar system and a projected location for Planet X. Since those times the Hadron Collider and HAARP have come on line. One has the potential to tear the fabric of space and the other to utilize plasma weaponry and entrap the soul. We're getting into other people's backyards with this technology and other people may not be so keen to blow sh*t up the way we are.

Twilight, because of impacted perception, allows alot of marginal activities to take place half seen. If I were an alien, contemplating the need, in order to preserve peace in the universe, of cataclysmic events in order to curb bad behavior, I would give plenty of warning in a variety of ways so that there could be no misunderstanding of the consequence of continuing to behave badly.

If there were good aliens and bad aliens, kind of an angels and demons sort of thing, I would think that the bad ones would want enslavement for us and the good ones would want freedom. The bad ones would want to chemtrail the sky so that we would have a hard time seeing changes there and the good ones would leave signs, in the heavens, for instance, to let us know that twilight had come and with it, the last chance to correct bad behavior.

Nibiru Planet X New Rising Sun Jan 10 2012

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
S/f Great article Luxor. I have to say I am surprised there hasn't been more participation on this subject. Maybe you have said all that needs saying?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Could you please explain yourself? A simple topic sentence would help.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Have similar views as the post above,

Can we have some meat with the potatoes as it doesnt seem like a complete meal

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Could you please explain yourself? A simple topic sentence would help.

This thread postulates the notion that bad behavior by human beings which reaches beyond the troposphere sets consequences in motion.

Chaos Theory: A Brief Introduction

What exactly is chaos? The name "chaos theory" comes from the fact that the systems that the theory describes are apparently disordered, but chaos theory is really about finding the underlying order in apparently random data.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This thread postulates the notion that bad behavior by human beings which reaches beyond the troposphere sets consequences in motion.

Are you suggesting that "chemtrails" are causing Nibiru?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nibiru Planet X New Rising Sun Jan 10 2012

What's the point of that little bit of nonsense? That webcam is looking northeast and you fell for the claim that it is looking northwest. Big surprise. You didn't notice the way the evening shadows grow? That "Nibiru Planet X" is called "The Moon".

www.cfht.hawaii.edu...

edit on 10/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good job OP you have actually put two non existing things into one thread.

So what is the conclusion that one should get from this thread?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That's an interesting idea but I can't claim it. This thread isn't supposed to be quite that deep. It's more along the lines of a change in key and tempo causing a chain reaction.

The purpose of chemtrails, in this thread, would be to hide Planet X...or at least confuse it enough to where it could be attributed, variously, to the moon, the sun, Venus, Jupiter, Sirius, Betelgeuse, flybys, lagrangian point near earth asteroids, distant star systems, comets, sun dogs, shadows, rainbows etc. etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by DJW001

That's an interesting idea but I can't claim it. This thread isn't supposed to be quite that deep. It's more along the lines of a change in key and tempo causing a chain reaction.

The purpose of chemtrails, in this thread, would be to hide Planet X...or at least confuse it enough to where it could be attributed, variously, to the moon, the sun, Venus, Jupiter, Sirius, Betelgeuse, flybys, lagrangian point near earth asteroids, distant star systems, comets, sun dogs, shadows, rainbows etc. etc. etc.

Really? Interesting.

And what about places where there are no "chemtrails"? Like right here where I live. Crystal clear blue skies all day long and very clear nights unless it's overcast skies from storm clouds......

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What's the point of that little bit of nonsense? That webcam is looking northeast and you fell for the claim that it is looking northwest. Big surprise. You didn't notice the way the evening shadows grow? That "Nibiru Planet X" is called "The Moon".

So where are the web cams for the west? They offline?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

What makes you think there are any? What difference does it make? The maker of the youtube video lied to you when they said the webcam was pointing northwest. Did you not see the shadow of the observatory as the Sun sets? Or do you think the Sun was setting in the East in Hawaii?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

So what is the conclusion that one should get from this thread?

The conclusion might be that bad behavior, if corrected, might actually serve to avoid or deflect cataclysmic events. (Bad behavior as in human beings behaving badly herein defined as: chemtrailing, HAARP, the Hadron Collider, the act of exploding atomic bombs in the atmosphere etc.)

A secondary thrust might be just to inform that:

1. Twilight in mid-latitudes looks and acts differently from twilight at the equator and these twilights, in turn, look and act differently from twilight at the poles.

2. Infrared can and has seen a lot. I speak from personal experience with my Astak Mole. It doesn't have any problem 'seeing' dim stuff.

3. Sub-atomic particles and celestial objects may be just two different sides of the same coin.

The Ifth of Oofth-by Walter Tevis

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

And what about places where there are no "chemtrails"? Like right here where I live. Crystal clear blue skies all day long and very clear nights unless it's overcast skies from storm clouds......

So I guess you must be really mystified by all the pictures and videos on the internet of chemtrailed skies. Do you think those pictures are fake?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What makes you think there are any? What difference does it make? The maker of the youtube video lied to you when they said the webcam was pointing northwest. Did you not see the shadow of the observatory as the Sun sets? Or do you think the Sun was setting in the East in Hawaii?

Different line of site - you can tell by the mountains. Mountains didn't move; line of site did. So where is the northwest webcam? Look at the video to see it because the site you linked no longer shows it. To sum, the northeast view you linked is, indeed, a northeast view and it proves that the view in the video is a northwest view because of line of site.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

To sum, the northeast view you linked is, indeed, a northeast view and it proves that the view in the video is a northwest view because of line of site.

So you really do think the Sun sets in the east in Hawaii. Brilliant.

The cinder cones in the link I posted are the same cinder cones in the "northwest" view. The webcam is not aimed to the northwest, it is aimed to the northeast.

Here is the view to the west (at sunset).

Have you been there? I have. At the far right is Subaru. In the center are JCMT and CSO.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

To sum, the northeast view you linked is, indeed, a northeast view and it proves that the view in the video is a northwest view because of line of site.

So you really do think the Sun sets in the east in Hawaii. Brilliant.

The cinder cones in the link I posted are the same cinder cones in the "northwest" view. The webcam is not aimed to the northwest, it is aimed to the northeast.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

This actually reminds of a Army magazine test.

Q: You observe a sunrise in the west, what do you do?

1. Ohh! What a pretty sunrise!
2. Sit back and watch the fireworks.
3. Lie face down, facing the blast and hope that you don’t die.

edit on 16-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

So I guess you must be really mystified by all the pictures and videos on the internet of chemtrailed skies. Do you think those pictures are fake?

No I don't think they are fake. Contrails are a very well documented thing.

I've lived literally all across the US, and around the world (S. Korea, Thailand, Italy) and have visited many other places (Mexico, the middle east, other places in Europe), in my 46 years of life, and I have seen blue skies there too, and I've also seen contrails from jets. Especially in places that lay within airline routes to and from airport hubs.
But not everyday, and they never covered the entire sky (ie overcast), and sometimes some of them would persist for a while, sometimes they would not, depending on the weather.

But they do not mystify me at all.

What DOES mystify me is this over whelming need that some people seem to have for making everything they see into something sinister or that doom and gloom must be on the way.
edit on 16-10-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You guys have a big enough crew here on one woman so I will jump in. You said,,

What DOES mystify me is this over whelming need that some people seem to have for making everything they see into something sinister or that doom and gloom must be on the way.

Making EVERYTHING? Everything is a big word and means? "Everything?" I hardly would call a belief in contrails/chem trails being a possible problem and call it "everything". BTW if your an American, you certainly are aware of the criminal behavior of our leaders in office. Do you cheer lead the Governments actions upon The American People?
I mean what is it? Just criminals doing their job?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join