It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Spirit in error, or the person?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Based on the above responses, it seems as though the Holy Spirit speaks to each in his/her own individual way. So, why do others get so upset if one person has one measure, and another a different measure?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That really doesn't solve matters for a society that studies religion en masse, you know?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

People can clearly understand the verse if it they ask Father about it and read the stories with context to the fact they, the authors of the books, are human, thus prone to "error"

I suggest this all of the time. But, many are too afraid to hear a response back and release the prayer and do not wait for the answer back.

*I will response to your PM as well, later.
edit on 30-9-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
When you line up with 'what is happening' and not with 'what is not happening' it is like perfection, sweet and delicious.
When this happens the person is no more and there is just this. It does not matter how 'this' is appearing it is the beloved right here, it's always right here. But humans are never right here - they are off in fantasy land in the playground of their mind.

There is no hope. There is just this and until you realize this it will hurt.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So, why do others get so upset if one person has one measure, and another a different measure?

Insecurity in their faith; and fear they are wrong. That's why.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What part of it doesn't serve?

I think it makes perfect sense. We are all here "en masse", and no amount of "wanting" will enable us to totally understand the point of view of another. Ever. That's why James' philosophy on it makes sense to me.

Perhaps his point is that we shouldn't expect -- nor should we want, or even seek -- to grasp it exactly like another person does. We can all stand with a racket ball and drop it to see that gravity works. So, we all agree. No such luck with matters of the Spirit and the Afterlife.
edit on 30-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Insecurity in their faith; and fear they are wrong. That's why.

I will agree. When it comes to something like this, you would think many would want to be corrected if need be.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

When it comes to something like this, you would think many would want to be corrected if need be.

But, who is to be trusted as being "correct"? No other human being can be trusted to completely know the answer; such is the nature of humanity. It's one thing to correct someone's spelling, or understanding of history, or grammar, or errors in understanding things that most everyone agrees on (the fact that gravity does exist, for example, or that the juice in a can of kidney beans is not poisonous)...

but when it comes to spirit, no matter what a person says about how they "know", they can't prove anything. We need evidence to fully come to terms with facts. We need to be shown, or learn the hard way.

I don't know why we are so frail, or so curious about such things, but it seems part and parcel of being a human.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Based on the above responses, it seems as though the Holy Spirit speaks to each in his/her own individual way. So, why do others get so upset if one person has one measure, and another a different measure?

Just like the authors in the bible had their own thoughts, so will the audience. It's really the ego. This is the way i look it: the Spirit is like a blanky to a toddler. A toddler will carry that blanky around all day and that's all the child needs to be content. However, the blanky needs to be taken away to be cleaned sometimes, so the child will obviously be upset when its gone. But, when the child gets the blanky back only to be smelling fresh and clean, he would appreciate the clean blanky so much more.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

But, who is to be trusted as being "correct"? No other human being can be trusted to completely know the answer; such is the nature of humanity. It's one thing to correct someone's spelling, or understanding of history, or grammar, or errors in understanding things that most everyone agrees on (the fact that gravity does exist, for example, or that the juice in a can of kidney beans is not poisonous)...

True. So, how do you remove the human side from interacting with what the Spirit is telling you??

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So, how do you remove the human side from interacting with what the Spirit is telling you??

By quieting the mundane worries in your mind, and letting the Spirit speak, uninhibited. Simply listen. I prefer to do so while sitting quietly outdoors. I let my thoughts flow freely, and give myself permission to hear whatever they have to say;

even the most outlandish ideas can be given an ear; and sometimes things just "click"... depending on my energy level, comfort, solitude, etc.

It has been said that the rocking of a bus or vehicle can bring on the semi-conscious state of imagination, creativity, and depth of thought. It's a standard method for writers and philosophers (and dare I say, meditation)....

that point between waking and sleep; effort and rest; a quietness and relaxing. Breathing. Deep, simple breathing, and awareness of one's breath and the life it nourishes....goes a long way for me to reach the inner recesses of my mind. (Plus, it's often fun, and ALWAYS VERY relaxing).

edit on 30-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by jhill76

So, how do you remove the human side from interacting with what the Spirit is telling you??

By quieting the mundane worries in your mind, and letting the Spirit speak, uninhibited. Simply listen. I prefer to do so while sitting quietly outdoors. I let my thoughts flow freely, and give myself permission to hear whatever they have to say;

For others that are reading this. How do you validate it is of truth?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The spirit is right here but it has not been recognized. People are seeking it everywhere but where it is. The pain of life will ease when the seeking stops. Look for the one that seeks and the seeking will stop.

People think that there is something missing and it is them that is missing - they are off somewhere in a thought bubble. The thought bubble has sucked them in and they and not here mentally, the body is here feeling the stress of tomorrows meeting. A person lives in thought bubbles.

The spirit is here and now. Look at here and now - it is all there is.
What is wrong with right now....unless you think about it?

edit on 30-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yes, I'd like to hear what others say. Please check the post, I added in more after the quoted bit

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What part of it doesn't serve?

What you said earlier:

We discuss this stuff with each other, but when we don't connect, or we agree just to avoid conflict or confusion, that doesn't work out for finding the truth, does it?

I think it makes perfect sense. We are all here "en masse", and no amount of "wanting" will enable us to totally understand the point of view of another.

But Christianity really isn't interested in understanding on an individual basis, is it? It's more concerned with Group-Think, where everyone shares the same beliefs and follows the same doctrines, sings the same songs and chants the same mantras, asks the same questions and gives the same answers, and takes the same communion wine and ignores the same outsiders.

edit on 30-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That was jhill who said that,
but, I agree...

When discuss this stuff with each other, but when we don't connect, or we agree just to avoid conflict, that doesn't work out for truth, does it?

No, it doesn't. But, how can we really know? Until the day arrives, that is.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by jhill76

For others that are reading this. How do you validate it is of truth?

A method of determining the truth that is in the parameters of what the Christian doctrines teach is asking WWJD, what would Jesus do.

There are various other methods, but some can not handle it because some people's purposes are different than others.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

There are many here seen and unseen, who have these answers. But, many tend to stay in that safety zone and don't listen.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Please check my other post for the full response - I added more to it.

But they treat their answers as though that's all we need to know or believe. Again, tip of the iceberg for my distaste.
edit on 30-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

There are various other methods, but some can not handle it because some people's purposes are different than others.

Yes. Some will never be exposed to the unseen, if they are, they will be exposed to the good and the bad, and some people cannot handle seeing the bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join