It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA reveals secrets it has hidden on the Curiosity rover.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Phage

There is the law ... and no one is upholding it due to the desire to benefit scientifically militaristically from such dual use equipment.

Or, everyone knows it is a scientific endeavor. Not an invasion of Mars with the occupying force being a single robot the size of a car armed with a single tiny laser and other analytical instruments. A robot which can zip across the surface at the incredible rate of 90 meters per hour. A formidable machine indeed.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
On a more serious "note", I wonder if the NASA people fully decontaminated this money, its well known that money is some of the grimiest things on earth that still have value, and it gets passed around to so many hands one could imagine that its rife with bacteria. If there is life on Mars, we might have just wiped out their entire species with our money, since its technically a biological weapon to any species not from earth. Kind of like the Europeans giving blankets that were used by sick people to the North American natives.

Also, it seems to be significant that NASA chose to upload the "back" of the dollar bill, maybe they are showing other galactic inhabitant that they "worship the eye", and are willing to sell us out to the highest bidder. I don't see any other good reason for sending up that specific bill, cant they use a piece of plastic to "calibrate" their systems? Or does paper magically become impervious to decay on Mars?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well I have just seen the sad news about Neil Armstrong's death, R.I.P. just one of the many that started all this.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 007Polytoks

The money is a penny. Being firmly attached, it went through the same decontamination procedures as the rest of the vehicle.
www.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

edit on 8/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Explanation: No! Not everyone knows that!

There MAY be alien life on mars [aka martians] and we must also consider their point of view ok.

Hell, even the reporter whose story I made a thread about clearly labled their article ...

Billion-dollar laser-firing nuke tank - what could go wrong?

Personal Disclosure: OL notes that you do agree it IS carrying weapons and that it IS formidable!

Thank You!

But trying to minimize that information so that it seems harmless, harms your own credibility IMO!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo

Originally posted by jazzguy
i understandstand everything except

Curiosity is also said to be carrying cash.

why would they do this? whats the point?

is the fed setting up a bank on mars?
is money so worthless now that they are dumping it on mars?
are they experimenting with that nano bacteria on bank notes?

i dont get it

If aliens find curiosity and see the cash, they will know we worship the all mighty dollar

Or to pay for some more nuclear fuel?

Cool find.

Didn't your momma put a dime in your "penny loafers" to phone home with?
"Peny loafers" & "pay phones"... sorry, dated myself there .Can't help it( I'm an analog caveman in a digital world).

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

OL notes that you do agree it IS carrying weapons and that it IS formidable!

Phage notes that OL does not recognize sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is awesome that the lab would put morris code on Mars. The lucky penny is especially interesting. Sounds like some of the engineers are a little superstitious. With the landing going the way it did, I think the lucky penny came in pretty lucky! Still do not understand why they would send money to Mars. Probably a bragging right saying our currency was the first on Mars, if it is ever inhabited.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by johnosal

The penny is from 1909, the first year Lincoln pennies were minted and the centennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth. Including it on the calibration target is a nod to geologists' tradition of placing a coin as a size reference in close-up photographs of rocks. It gives the public a familiar object for perceiving size easily.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

How do you know your name is on
the list?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hey guys, I thought I might throw a little fact into all the conjecture and maybe help advance the cause of understanding this little buggy they sent up to run around Mars for us. The 'cash' is interesting....but NASA people have a sense of humor sometimes that boggles the mind. I guess that's what happens to ya when you become a honest to God Rocket Scientist.

Anyway, ATS, meet Curiosity....what appears to me as the most advanced little rover we've yet sent into the great unknown to go check something out for us.

Learn about me: Curiosity

Clicking the arrows changes perspective and available data points, while clicking on any circle brings detail of everything it does in the box below. I'd found this during the landing sequence many of us made a point of watching and I've yet to find a better spot to see everything this incredible rover does.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I dont understand why cash - aliens, especially the Anunnaki, prefer gold.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Did they put a video camera on this machine? with a microphone? is it then we hear its kinda windy up there?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well shoot...
That's not going to help us in the NASA's not hiding anything crowd.
For whatever cool reason they did this,
it'll be interpretted a whole other way by many.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i understandstand everything except

Curiosity is also said to be carrying cash.

why would they do this? whats the point?

Don't mock. If the total is even $20, this represents the government's single greatest effort toward fighting inflation and strengthening the American dollar in decades.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the money represents currency
aren't they looking for water ?
on the sides of a river you have banks
in between the banks you have a current
or currency

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

It's a penny.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

It's a penny.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A, thank you, I guess we should deal with that issue here on earth

Wait, martians may think the planet earth is actually U.S.A.?
Wow, what a self centered act, I feell kind of bitter right now.
edit on 25-8-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join