It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama shill on MSNBC uses extreme racism to paint Romney as "racist"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Rockpuck

Defending what racist?

When have I ever defended racists? I hate racists.
edit on 16-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The racist on MSNBC or the oval office take your pick

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I haven't said anything about the person on MSNBC or Obama, so stop lying.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Why are people making excuses for a guy whose religion preaches brown people are literally the spawns of the devil?

How would you view someone whose religion taught hatred for white people and said they were the spawns of Satan? Would you not consider that racist?

Wait...white people are the spawn of Satan....its true....

I find it a weak argument to use religion as a bases to suggest a person is racist. If I followed your logic I could say with total conviction many things about Obama since he sat in Jeremiah Wright's pews, for what, 20 years or so...

We could easily say ALL Muslins are racist and All Christians too, hell we can even include all Atheist in this one...care to differ?

...but I think the Buddhist are safe...

To Add:

When you say...

How would you view someone whose religion taught hatred for white people and said they were the spawns of Satan?

Are you talking about all Muslims or just the extremeist?

edit on 16-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

We know threw everything including the kitchen sink not to talk about the op.

Lying no.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

So you're trying to tell me you would be comfortable being part of a religion that taught white people were the spawn of Satan? That wouldn't be racist to you?

Or Part of an organization that openly discriminated against blacks a decade after the civil rights bill was signed?

edit on 16-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, you are lying. Actually you're just trying to defame me because you don't like the things I'm saying.

All I did was say that Romney is part of a racist religion so that makes him racist. What does that have to do with defending Obama or MSNBC? Absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Well maybe you Would be so kind as to mention the "person".

What do you think. Is He racist ? Or is it just M$NBC that is racist ?

off topic: you do know that Obama has a lot of Anglo-Saxon heritage too...right?

and that he (Obama) is related to Bush and Cheney by several generations.

Obama may even be related to Romney

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Honestly never paid that much attentiion. and what a dozen posts that try to "defame" Romney guess it's ok to Bash Romney and other people who disagree.

Meh.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

So you're trying to tell me you would be comfortable being part of a religion that taught white people were the spawn of Satan? That wouldn't be racist to you?

What I'm saying is EVERY religion can be said to have a racist past to it. Many religion still have pockets of racism still. I just find it an extreme stretch to label Romney a racist because he used the word "Culture" or is a Mormon.

My friend, we butt heads at times but then there are times I agree with you, but it was not too long ago that racism was a HUGE part of our culture and so EVERYTHING including religion would have a history of it. I think Hillary has a better chance to be a hidden racist than Romney would be.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I could never put it as eloquently nor as heartfelt, yet quite rational at the same time, as this brave young woman.
As a white kid in Louisiana, I've seen it from the other side. I have black friends who I deeply respect but could never experience the same life as. Don't get me wrong, here in New Orleans, we are as culturally integrated as anywhere can be, yet there remains a divide. I have true friends that are black, but there still lies a discomfort in dealing with some racial issues.
It shouldn't be that way. There are certainly racists in the world (I've seen many firsthand-on both sides), but buffoons like Touree, whether a misguided fool or a scheming scum, do nothing but act in a destructive manner to our society and our nation. I don't care for Romney but the pro-Obama crowd has become a bit Brownshirty for my tastes. See some of the posts on this thread for examples....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The situation is more complicated than you make it out to be.
Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, was known to have abolitionist leanings and allowed African Americans to enter the clergy. Brigham Young did change that policy and I do think that is racist.
I don't think that means every person that grew up in the Mormon church is a racist.
I have many relatives that lived in segregated states. Does that mean that every one of them is racist?
If Romney is such a racist, why did he remain in the church after they began allowing African Americans to enter the priesthood?
I never suggested anyone should get a "pass" because it's their religion.
Fact is, neither one of us can say, beyond doubt, if Romney is or is not racist. You can't see into his heart any more than I can.
edit on 16-8-2012 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Yeah, you are lying. Actually you're just trying to defame me because you don't like the things I'm saying.

All I did was say that Romney is part of a racist religion so that makes him racist. What does that have to do with defending Obama or MSNBC? Absolutely nothing.

"You are lying"
Now you can read minds? Or do you have objective proof of Neo's falsehoods?
Your prejudice against an entire religion enflames your hatred against individuals. Sound familiar?
You MUST have been a huge Bush supporter! I mean, based on your same characteristics, anyway

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Democrats have always relied on segregation because the Democrat party is made up of many smaller groups that prefer to call themselves “blacks, Hispanics, gays, lesbians, women, blah blah blah,” as opposed to the Americans that they are.
Obama prefers it this way because these segregated groups are easier to pander to.

New Obama slogan:

Of course Biden will misspeak and say "Rope and Chains"
edit on 16-8-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I haven't said anything about the person on MSNBC

considering that's what the thread is about, maybe you should?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Democrats have always relied on segregation because the Democrat party is made up of many smaller groups that prefer to call themselves “blacks, Hispanics, gays, lesbians, women, blah blah blah,” as opposed to the Americans that they are.
Obama prefers it this way because these segregated groups are easier to pander to.

New Obama slogan, "Chains we can believe in"

Yep the party of the hypenated name isn't on the right and they do more than just segregate groups for pandering they do what the MSNBC host tried to do and there are some who glady accept and perpetuate.

Creating division for political manipulation that leads to anger that leads to energizing political base's to keep them in power.

edit on 16-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Real Spoke does make a valid point on the Mormon religion. It is established fact that the Mormon religion has as part of it's religious writings the demonization of Black people. And it was not until Mitt Romney was an adult that the mainstream Mormon Church allowed black members to become ordained priests and disavowed the racist teachings. These are just the facts.

Now as to whether or not Mitt Romney himself is a racist or whether or not his family was involved in that reformation of the Mormon Church I cannot say. Given his father's actions and views, despite being a powerful figure in an admittedly racist church I couldn't feel comfortable saying he was. But on the other hand Mitt Romney has not really shown much if anything of his father in this campaign. Racism is learned, just as tolerance is. Which Mitt has learned is an open question.

But I do not think it is fair to label him a racist until he does or says something that is actually racist. Elitist, classist sure because he demonstrates those two things on an almost a daily basis but I don't think he has done or said anything that was demonstrable racist. But he hasn't really come down on any of the things that the right has been using to paint Obama as something other than an American either.

Then add to this his international gaffes meant to play to his base, haven't really helped him much in this area.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Democrat party is made up of many smaller groups that prefer to call themselves “blacks, Hispanics, gays, lesbians, women, blah blah blah,” as opposed to the Americans

Thats because the GOP Party wants nothing to do with these groups, now you can add Old Americans with Ryan on the ticket.

Why bother talking about sub-groups, Lets just say that the GOP is the party of the Rich, simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Democrat party is made up of many smaller groups that prefer to call themselves “blacks, Hispanics, gays, lesbians, women, blah blah blah,” as opposed to the Americans

Thats because the GOP Party wants nothing to do with these groups, now you can add Old Americans with Ryan on the ticket.

Why bother talking about sub-groups, Lets just say that the GOP is the party of the Rich, simple.

Old habits are hard to break, now you want to segregate me.
What makes you think I'm rich.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

New Obama slogan, "Chains we can believe in"

Yep the party of the hypenated name isn't on the right and they do more than just segregate groups for pandering they do what the MSNBC host tried to do and there are some who glady accept and perpetuate.

Creating division for political manipulation that leads to anger that leads to energizing political based to keep them in power.

If you want to see a case book study in Democrats "keeping them on Plantation" study up on New Orleans politics. It's amazing.
The sad part is that there are so many talented, intelligent, and incredibly awesome African Americans down here. And I'm not pandering. This is the land of Louis Armstrong and PBS Pinchback. The only place in the country that had black Confederate AND Union military units (with some crossover).
There definitely still remains, in some parts of Louisiana, the specter of Jim Crow. So, it is not without reason that tension pops up here and there. History is still very much with us.
Yet.....New Orleans after Katrina had so much hope (and still does) but race puppets like C. Ray Nagin and others did everything they could to drive a big racial wedge in order to retain their power (and the kickback money from "minority" contractors).
All that said, if there is hope for this country, forget the propaganda and check out whats really going on in South Louisiana. Areas that were all white have a lot more color these days, while N.O. proper got a bit of bleach. And guess what? We're doin all right.
It's when racebaiters get to going that things get all muddy. Admittedly, racebaiting exists on both sides, but lately the Dems have been much more active in that field.
And the left's intolerance has reached levels that have made my formerly left libertarian mind switch into a more right, or balanced, position.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

That doesn't work. The richest people I know (make millions) are all democrats.
Next.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join