It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things You Should Know About Paul Ryan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
With Romney picking Paul Ryan as his VP running mate, we need to know what this guy is all about. Well, here's some info for you. Kinda scary if you ask me...

1. Ryan embraces the extreme philosophy of Ayn Rand

2. Ryan wants to raises taxes on the middle class, cut them for millionaires.

3. Ryan wants to end Medicare, replace it with a voucher system

4. Ryan thinks Social Security is a “ponzi scheme.”

5. Ryan’s budget would result in 4.1 million lost jobs in 2 years.

6. Ryan wants to eliminate Pell Grants for more more than 1 million students.

More detail to each point HERE

edit on Sat Aug 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Sat Aug 11 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix BB code??

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

These two things are the most damaging. While a lot of younger voters may cheer for those programs to end or be cut, older voters in their late 40s and 50s may not be so excited about it. The important thing to note is that the older group is much more likely to vote than those younger voters who don't want to pay into the system.

Sure he will only be a VP, but he will be in a position to influence the president.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Yes, the brainwashed mass of younger americans might actually agree.
The elders (real voters) - won't matter.
Because voting is a farce now.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Dick Cheney was just a vp also and I am sure we have all heard of some of the damage he caused. Joe biden is just a vp and he has at least made obamas job a little more tough.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wow...I guess the spin stops here....lol

If you truly disagree with everything that Ryan talks about, and that is what you seem to do since you spun EVERY point he makes with your "12 things", then I really wonder if you ever really listen to a single thing he has to say from his own mouth, and not just cut and paste crap off some far left web site...

edit on 11-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

I am so freaking upset over this. What can I do? This has me very much on edge. We are doomed. Why did I take the wrong pill when first discovering this real life matrix? I could have just been an ignorant, uninformed and delusional mind slave.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This thread needs to be stared and flagged.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here is what he has also done. Educate yourselves and listen to what he says. He knows what he is talking about and he step by step breaks down Obamacare. Main theme to Obama: "Hiding an expense does NOT eliminate it"

He wants to take back our country for the people and is against big government. He is for YOU! Give the man a chance.

youtube.com

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

1. Ryan embraces the extreme philosophy of Ayn Rand

And you voted for Obama who not just agreed with, but had MENTORS like Frank Marshall Davis and Jeremiah Wright...lol WOW!!

2. Ryan wants to raises taxes on the middle class, cut them for millionaires.

He wants to make only two tax brackets 25% for the rich and 10% for the middle class...this is not fair? A straight up, no fudging, no deductions etc tax cost? Are you suggesting the Middle Class right now pay well under 10%, and should pay well under 10%... lol another big WOW!!

As we know it now Medicare is not sustainable, SO we need to do something or all will lose it. You kind of failed to mention that it is a bill we just cannot pay and it will only get worst...VOUCHERS FOR ALL!!! is the secret to success.

So what is your point with this one...Medicare is going away one way or the other....I kind of like his way where Americans will still have health coverage....don't you?

Well he is right...lol... Everyone pays into it and only the ones at the top get the benefits until it collapses and then no one gets anything...it is unsustainable as it is now...do you not know what a ponzi scheme is? I guess you don't since you like Obamacare too...

5. Ryan’s budget would result in 4.1 million lost jobs in 2 years.

Mainly Government jobs by reducing government spending... ok where is the issue? I think the word for today is unsustainable. Well we can go with Obama who would add 4 million government jobs..well until we end up like Greece where you have so many working for the Government that the private sector cannot pay for it.

Who here thinks the Government is not too large, not out of control in spending etc...Well Ryan thinks it is way to large AND out of control and so do I...

6. Ryan wants to eliminate Pell Grants for more more than 1 million students.

Its a waste of Government spending...read about it and not just cut and paste...this is a lot like healthcare where prices are inflated BECAUSE of these grants...these grants are like a kickback to the school and students don't get much out of them. Reduce Government spending people...there are better ways to help strudents.

7. Ryan supports $40 billion in subsides for big oil.

8. Ryan has ownership stakes in companies that benefit from oil subsidies

Let's see that is 40 billion over TEN YEARS of some tax breaks, not credits...breaks...truly a drop in the bucket....lol But one needs to ask why and I'm sure you do not know..or really care to, so I will not waste my breath trying to explain any common sense to you.

9. Ryan claimed Romneycare has led to “rationing and benefit cuts.

10. Ryan believes that Romneycare is “not that dissimilar to Obamacare.

So he disagrees with Romneycare, and so do I. You are missing a rather big point here...Romneycare was a state level program, voted by those in that state for ONLY the people in that state. THAT IS GREAT!!! and the way it should be. If a state wants it then so be it, BUT when the Federal Government does it then EVERYONE is forced into it no matter what they want or if it is right for their state or not...

Why is the concept of a smaller foot print Federal Government and a larger foot print State Government is THE way to go is so hard to comprehend.

11. Ryan accused generals of lying about their support for Obama’s military budget.

I have 28 years of military service...he's right....lol Obama is their Commander and Chief they must agree with him in public whether in private they do or not, and I can assure you in private they can't wait until he is gone.

12. Ryan co-sponsored a “personhood” amendment, an extreme anti-abortion measure.

Defining personhood is a controversial topic in philosophy and law and will not be a factor in this election...I guess by adding the word "extreme" makes it all good for you though so it can be one of your 12 things... lol WOW!! again...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Make it 13 things: He proposed to his wife whilst fly fishing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This thread needs to be stared and flagged.

Why? its far left talking points that would suggest you are murder because you killed a fly in perspective as how far off from the truth they spun what Ryan stands for.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Ah who cares, hes just a "potential" VP and everyone knows that a VP has no power.
They just set around all day hoping the Pres gets shot or has a heart attack.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yep. More far leftist gobbly-goop from our Communist friends. The country is broke, folks. Wake up. We need to aggressively cut spending and stop giving hand-out's to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. We have over 100 million Americans taking some form of federal welfare from the taxpayer.

No money for college education? Boo Hoo. Cry me a river. Work your way through college, or go to vocational school to learn a trade. The taxpayer shouldn't be paying for you to learn the Commie liberalism taught in our universities, anyways.

Yeah, let's tax business owners to the hilt. That's a great idea. Heck, these same business owners never built their companies themselves. It was practically handed to them on a silver platter. Eat the rich, eh? Who needs jobs when you can get a welfare check?

Wake up. This country is going to heck in a handbasket, and quickly. And it's because of the rabid entitlement philosophy that has invaded the wallets of the average, everyday work-a-day Joe Taxpayer. Taxes on income, taxes on property, taxes on investments, taxes for SS benefits, taxes for Medicare, state taxes, local taxes, and on and on. Where does it end?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
from the OP link:

3. Ryan wants to end Medicare, replace it with a voucher system. Ryan’s latest budget transforms the existing version of Medicare, in which government provides seniors with a guaranteed benefit, into a “premium support” system. All future retirees would receive a government contribution to purchase insurance from an exchange of private plans or traditional fee-for-service Medicare. But since the premium support voucher does not keep up with increasing health care costs, the Congressional Budget Offices estimates that new beneficiaries could pay up to $1,200 more by 2030 and more than $5,900 more by 2050. A recent study also found that had the plan been implemented in 2009, 24 million beneficiares enrolled in the program would have paid higher premiums to maintain their choice of plan and doctors. Ryan would also raise Medicare’s age of eligibility to 67.

Medicare is going through many administrative changes already.

Contractors are playing a major role.

Apparently they are "insurance" companies.

They seem to be running Medicare.

here are some links to see.

I hope someone can give a detailed explanation.

By 2011, new Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) will replace Medicare contractors. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) contract with insurance companies nationwide to evaluate, process and pay over 1 billion Medicare claims each year. Medicare contractors who operate under insurance companies use national and local coverage regulations and policies to determine what is "reasonable and medically necessary" for paying claims.

Medicare Contractors

There are two types of Medicare contractors. The "fiscal intermediaries" process part A claims for health care facilities. The "carriers" process part B claims for physicians. Here's the problem: Carriers were contracted with one insurance company, and fiscal intermediaries were contracted with a different insurance company. So for one jurisdiction part A claims were submitted to one insurance company and part B claims were submitted to a different insurance company. In 2001 the General Accounting Office identified problems associated with the processing activities of claims and payments. Congress took action to reform Medicares contracting methods.

Medicare Reform Act

In December 2003, Congress passed a law requiring the CMS to reforms its contracting methods for processing Medicare part A and B claims. The CMS is replacing all Medicare Contractors (23 fiscal intermediaries and 17 carriers) with 23 MACs under new insurance companies that will be responsible for processing all Medicare claims for payment.

New Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs)

By the end of 2011 all of the jurisdictions will be fully transitioned to new MACs. This will provide a one-stop shop to ensure a smoother and more accurate process from claims to payments, and to better serve providers and beneficiaries. The new A/B MAC list by jurisdiction is located in the resource section.

What Is a Medicare Contractor?

Medicare Contractor Jurisdictions Maps

23 New Medicare Administrative Contractors Replace Medicare’s Current Contracts

And we know that Social Security takes money from the checks to help pay for Medicare.
BUT:

WASHINGTON - That didn't last long. About 55 million Social Security recipients will get their first increase in benefits next year since 2009 — a 3.6 percent raise. But higher Medicare premiums could erase a big chunk of it.

For some, higher Medicare Part B premiums could wipe out as much as a fourth of their raise from Social Security, according to projections by the trustees who oversee the programs.

Medicare is expected to announce 2012 Part B premiums as early as next week. The premiums, which cover doctor visits, are deducted automatically from monthly Social Security payments......
Medicare costs to offset Social Security hike

What is the best "compromise" ?

PPACA ObamaCare Medicare ?

Medicare

ObamaCare cuts a half-trillion dollars from Medicare over the next decade. These cuts are unsustainable and will lead to a reduction in the quality of care for seniors who rely on the program to secure access to needed medical services. The cuts in Medicare Advantage will impose steep costs on millions of Medicare beneficiaries, and will fall disproportionately on low income and minority seniors.
source

Another consideration: $716 Billion to Fund Itself

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but this guy will get a lot of votes because he is young, smart and handsome (nevermind that he will further destroy your standard of living).I already saw something on NBC comparing the hair of Romney-Ryan to the hair of Kerry-Edwards. Its amazing how much change has occurred in what our society values. Obama, your move. Make the most of it.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Americans are getting just a little tired of working all day to support the welfare state. Our Founding Fathers would be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Let the middle class add up all the extra expenses they will have once these programs are cut.

This guy's plan would take benefits/money directly from the middle class.

His wife, the tax lawyer, probably clued in him that most people are mislead by effective and marginal tax rates. A 10% rate with no deductions would actually make the 99% pay much, much more in taxes. Add in all the cuts to programs like pell grants and this is a huge win for the 1%.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Wow...I guess the spin stops here....lol

If you truly disagree with everything that Ryan talks about, and that is what you seem to do since you spun EVERY point he makes with your "12 things", then I really wonder if you ever really listen to a single thing he has to say from his own mouth, and not just cut and paste crap off some far left web site...

You shouldn't be looking/listening to the things coming out of his mouth. sigh. Look at what he's voted for and done. THAT in itself is enough to disgust most people!

The things coming out of Paul Ryan's mouth is nothing more than lip service. It's what he thinks the public wants to hear. Get it?
edit on 11-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This guy's plan would take benefits/money directly from the middle class.

What benefits? If you're like most people in their earning years, you don't receive welfare or food stamps. You won't ever receive the benefits of Medicare or Social Security because both programs will long be bankrupt by the time I turn 65.

The problem with this country is this rabid entitlement philosophy that has permeated our culture.

Why are you expecting benefits from your Federal Government? The Federal Government is not supposed to be a nanny state!

Add in all the cuts to programs like pell grants

Why should my tax dollars go to support student loans to support hyper-inflated higher education costs at universities run by radical, politically liberal professors?

Costs for higher education would come down dramatically if it weren't for these ridiculous student loan programs.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
& Joe Biden has bad hair plugs & cheated in law school.

C'mon these talking points are straight out of the DNC.
lol

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 11-8-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join