It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want real change? Easy solution....Don't vote!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAllen7424
I do not mean by all this that it is necessary to have slaves, or that the right of slavery is legitimate: I am merely giving the reasons why modern peoples, believing themselves to be free, have representatives, while ancient peoples had none. In any case, the moment a people allows itself to be represented, it is no long free: it no longer exists.

You like to be a slave then keep voting your Absolute liberty away to a representative and be plundered of your wealth with taxes and laws that extract your laborus time to idle men that become rich while you stay poor. Dont forget to wear your seatbelt in a nation that supposed to have free will or you shall be fined a monetary value so your representatve and his mafia like friends can make money off the idea while they sit and watch you labor more and more as a good slave while they count the money flow in.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akuhei
Yes, it's a complete and utter sham, but you know what? If you don't vote for someone, you don't have the right to complain about whoever the president is after they take office. If you don't vote, the talking heads will get into office anyway. You're just displaying complacency with the system.

You don't exercise your right to vote, you might as well have lost it altogether.

Many people say this over and over again. If you do not vote, you have no right to complain. Well guess what? I disagree. I think people have it backwards. If you do vote- YOU have no right to complain, it was YOU who voted these idiots into Office. The people who do not vote, they did not vote these idiots in Office. They stayed home, and choose not to make a decision that would effect others. Voters on the other hand, YOU did vote. YOU put them into the same Office that they have used to screw YOU over time and time again.... and the best part? We all get screwed and YOU keep coming back for more. If you are voting, YOU are showing support to the system that has failed you, it is a system that threw you overboard decades ago.

Want to see something interesting? Here is a thread I made on this very topic. The article I linked in it, makes this point much better than I ever could.

By taking part in the state's voting ritual, you affirm the legitimacy of the system, you tell the government how you want the state's machinery to run, you say how you want to force people to live. By not voting, you are voicing your displeasure with the system, you are showing it has no validity in your life, you're showing it's irrelevant and the system is an illegitimate fraud.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I pray I am alive when voters finally say enough and stop voting. Ask yourself, what would happen when voter turnout is 10%? That my friends, is what every Nation on Earth would view as an "illegitimate Government". We all know what the word Government means, but what does illegitimate mean in this context? Well it means...

not in accordance with the law or accepted standards.

and if you do not see that as being the exact definition of our Government, than I have no more words for you.

For me it was Ron Paul or no one at all. If Ron Paul is not on the ballot, I will not "write him in", cause that is a ballot that will be cast aside and not even counted and we all know it. It's time to gather as one and say "STOP! Enough is enough! This Government is not representing me or my interest." and we all know what happens next. If you do not know, the answer is in the Declaration of Independence, but no one wants to talk about that. No one ever wants to have an honest discussion about that topic. To do so, is a great responsibility that would have enormous risk and take would take the greatest of sacrifices.

Perhaps it is time once again to stop and actually READ what this text says.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

Emphasis is mine, but feel free to read the rest of the text by clicking the link in the next post while I break out my soapbox, cause now I have much more to say!
edit on 3-8-2012 by MrWendal because: fixed tag

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The Declaration of Independence

Really stop and read that. If you have to, there is no shame in using a dictionary to make sure you are clear in understanding the words. This document is often repeated and referenced by no one takes the time to really read it. Did you know that this document also listed the REASONS why the Colonies wanted to break away from English rule?

The signing of this document was a death sentence for treason to every single signature on it. By today's standards, these men are all "terrorist", but how ironic that these "terrorist" were responsible for creating a rule of law that every single person today has enjoyed for over 200 years. Yet now some will tell you that these documents are outdated. They are irrelevant. They simply do not apply in a modern world.

I say BS! They are far from outdated, they are most certainly relevant, and they apply just as much today as they did over 200 years ago. The problems we face today are not new. These are old world problems. Tyrants have been around for thousands of years. Since the beginning of man, battles have waged on for the few to have power over the many. To dictate how the masses live, while supporting the embellished lifestyles of the few who govern over them. Our problems are nothing new, they have been around since the dawn of man. So ask me again if I think the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence is outdated- No! It's old world solutions, to old world problems.

Just look at a FEW of the reasons our Founding Fathers fought and died for Independence.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

In reference to troops being used against the people. In today's world, I believe this describes our Police Forces.

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

NDAA Anyone? Or perhaps, FAMILY COURT?

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

The list continues on, those are just a few of my favorites. Again, click the link and READ the document.
The Founding Fathers of this Country would be ashamed of all us today for the things we are putting up with and we should be ashamed of ourselves. Each and every one of us.

But let's ignore all that, let us tell people run to the polls and cast a vote for Dumb or Dumber and if they do not, then tell them they have no right to complain. Tell me, how well has that worked for us so far?

Do the whole world a favor. STAY HOME on "Election Day". If you truly believe you are being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, STAY HOME! If you truly believe that your Government is failing you, STAY HOME! If you truly believe that your Government is corrupt to the core and cares not for your interest, STAY HOME! Stay home and declare this Government illegitimate and show that it has no power over you, and then complain as loudly as you can. Maybe in another 4 years, a few more will join you until we are the majority. Then we can affect the change we so desperately need.

I will put away my soapbox now.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Easy Solution.... yes. For the 'simple minded'. Do your homework, step away from the TV, get on the ball and form a list of candidates. It's like a house of cards. Vote from the bottom up. BUT it takes having information to make those calls/votes be responsible choices, and most Voters are not up to the task. Their information base is typically a 30 second TV Sound Bite. It's become about corperations and big money winning votes. When was the last time there was a candidate that you were not voting against by voting for that candidates opposition. NOT VOTING accomplish's nothing. Litterally NOTHING. EDUCATE yourself, that's the only hope for any possible change. The likes of Ron Paul have given you an opportunity, so....... will you fight corruption, or are you content with your little piece of the pie.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

As someone who takes an opposite viewpoint from you (though I *do* respect your viewpoint), would you please tell me how you think it would work out if everyone DID refuse to vote?

What would we be left with, governmentally-speaking, and how would that government work (as in be better than what we have now which, admittedly, isn't much) and how would the American citizens benefit?

In other words, I'm challenging you to change my viewpoint over to yours. I'm not saying I will or I won't change my viewpoint, any more than I would expect to be able to change yours. I just want to know what outcome you see your method of having, what benefits it would have and, perhaps, why I might want to change my mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

If you truly believe you are being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, STAY HOME! If you truly believe that your Government is failing you, STAY HOME! If you truly believe that your Government is corrupt to the core and cares not for your interest, STAY HOME! Stay home and declare this Government illegitimate and show that it has no power over you, and then complain as loudly as you can. Maybe in another 4 years, a few more will join you until we are the majority. Then we can affect the change we so desperately need.

'
This is EXACTLY why you SHOULD VOTE. Don't vote??? Don't bitch. The non voters will NEVER be the majority. People who want change are proactive in their goals. Lazy never accomplished anything. Look up the history of women's right to vote. Do you think that was accomplished by sitting on their asses?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by Gridrebel

Exactly my thoughts on this subject, well said.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeesFar
reply to post by MrWendal

As someone who takes an opposite viewpoint from you (though I *do* respect your viewpoint), would you please tell me how you think it would work out if everyone DID refuse to vote?

What would we be left with, governmentally-speaking, and how would that government work (as in be better than what we have now which, admittedly, isn't much) and how would the American citizens benefit?

In other words, I'm challenging you to change my viewpoint over to yours. I'm not saying I will or I won't change my viewpoint, any more than I would expect to be able to change yours. I just want to know what outcome you see your method of having, what benefits it would have and, perhaps, why I might want to change my mind.

Well it would be a process. A long process. If voter turnout is low enough, one could then claim that Government as "Illegitimate". Then the next step in the process can begin... abolishing the current Government and replacing it with a new Government more reflective of the people. However, as long as turnout remains over 50% we are being Governed by consent of the majority.

Now keep in mind, I am not suggesting people not vote any more ever again. I am suggesting that people not vote in this Presidential Election. How would this work? I'd like to imagine that us here in the US, and anywhere for that matter, should take a close look at what happened in Iceland.

Iceland over the last 2 years has done the most remarkable thing seen since the Revolutionary War in 1776. What Iceland has done is given the world a playbook to follow in how to overthrow a Government... and they did so with little to no violence and bloodshed. You won't hear about it in the Mainstream Media, but a quick summary of Iceland over the last couple years:

-resignation of the whole government
-nationalization of the bank.
-referendum so that the people can decide over the economic decisions.
-incarcerating the responsible parties
-rewriting of the constitution by its people

Instead of showing up to the polls on Election Day and participating in the fraud, we should not vote at all and show up at the Gate of the White House and let our voice be heard...and then stay there until it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Want real change? Easy solution....Don't vote

Want real change? easy solution ... Don't vote republican or democrat.
Vote third party .. shake up the system.
Just doing the 'no vote' thing doesn't change anything.
It makes you compliant and it makes things easier for TPTB.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
This is EXACTLY why you SHOULD VOTE. Don't vote??? Don't bitch. The non voters will NEVER be the majority. People who want change are proactive in their goals. Lazy never accomplished anything. Look up the history of women's right to vote. Do you think that was accomplished by sitting on their asses?

Not voting is not being lazy. It is not participating in the fraud. There is a difference. You say people who want change are proactive in their goals, and I do agree, they are. Now ask yourself, what is the goal you are attempting to achieve by voting in this election?

It is one thing if you fully support the Candidate you are voting for, but what if you don't? What about people like myself who think Romney is a poor choice AND Obama is a poor choice? What goal would I be serving by voting for who I think is not as bad as the other? Romney and Obama is no different than Coke or Pepsi... they are both Colas and I want Water.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

[Well it would be a process. A long process. .................. one could then claim that Government as "Illegitimate".

A long process, like thousands of years. Government will never be illegitimate, we have elected rulers for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
What about people like myself who think Romney is a poor choice AND Obama is a poor choice? What goal would I be serving by voting for who I think is not as bad as the other? Romney and Obama is no different than Coke or Pepsi... they are both Colas and I want Water.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

How about Gary Johnson?. No he doesn't have a prayer of winning. Not voting registers on the radar as non-participatory and apathetic. Vote for someone other than the main party candidates. That'll at least show you're willing to engage in the process but the main two parties are an unpalatable solution for you.

If enough people do that, we'll see some change. Not playing at all and expecting anyone to read anything into that other than blatant apathy is irrational.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

[Well it would be a process. A long process. .................. one could then claim that Government as "Illegitimate".

A long process, like thousands of years. Government will never be illegitimate, we have elected rulers for thousands of years.

It didn't take Iceland thousands of years did it? I believe what they accomplished, they got done in all of 2 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Gary Johnson privatized Prisons in New Mexico and that is part of the problem with Prisons. By Privatizing them, you are creating a for profit prison system which means, you have to keep inmates coming in order to make a profit.

So how do you keep prisoners coming in? By continuing to keep victimless crimes, a crime.

There are some things I like about Gary Johnson, and some things I do not like. Of all the Candidates, he is truly the lesser of all the evils, but he will still create policy that is counter productive to true Liberty.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

It didn't take Iceland thousands of years did it? I believe what they accomplished, they got done in all of 2 years.

Last time I checked, Iceland had a government,,,,that they VOTED in. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join