It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want real change? Easy solution....Don't vote!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

I agree, if we all say, we clearly have no rights and stop voting we can head for change.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Not voting lets those who DO vote decide. Pretty lame to encourage people not to be a part of the decision making process. Like the saying goes, Don't vote? Don't bitch.

You seem to be under the impression that your vote matters. The electoral college chooses the president. You have no power.

Change can only come through drastic measures at this point and playing the game is hardly a drastic measure. I understand people fear change, because they fear the unknown. However, now is the time to think not just about ourselves, but our future....our children's future....heck! their children's future.

My vote DOES matter, from the dog catcher to the senator and congressman/person. Look up the progression of your leaders. This is why idiots are elected. Think your vote doesn't matter??? THINK again!!!. Non voters are losers!

ETA: PUT UP OR SHUT UP
edit on 2-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Compelling argument, but I still say your vote is simply a way to make people feel like they have a say. It gives politicians the right to later point the finger at you when things go wrong.

However, how can I be to blame when a two-party system is flawed from the get go? A congress that goes against the prez every chance it gets in order to keep the prez's party from claiming even the smallest victory is pathetic.

No matter who is in office they will keep playing the same game at the people's expense. We have the power to change this behavior if only we can let go of our inflated egos and band together.

How did your vote help with the NDAA....the drones flying over our own country.....wars with people we never met.....CIA sanction drug deals......the mandate forcing everyone to buy health insurance..........lobbyism....etc?

"Put up or shut up" ????..............Really? I say, stand up or shut up.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
...continued

So to put it plainly the government puts on a show of many optional candidaes to choose from so every personality has an option to vote for the one that they most admire. This is the trick. for example they put up Ron Paul and make him liked among the people of civil society that are fed up with the system and they on purpose brush him to the side and agitate the citizens. This agitation of keeping him out of the main stream media convinces his followers that the government and the powers that be dont want Ron Paul to win the elections. So their only remedy to get Ron Paul elected for his speeches of hope and change. His followers will have to just register at the polls and simply vote for him.

This trap is similar with every candidate on display during election season. The fact here is they gained registered voters that were never registered voters before. But because of the tyranny thats going on with their policies they yearn for hope and change in their registering to vote. What the people of civil societies dont understand is they aren't registering to vote for a specific candidate to be the new sovereign. They are in fact registering with majority vote the establishment of the Social Contract itself. So when you register to vote you are simply vowing to abide by the social contract under roman civil law to exist which is your wonderful Government under civil liberty, but if you didn't vote it simply means that you dont want the government (social contract) to exist and you want natural liberty which is absolute.

It dont matter what candidate makes it in office, we never see any change for the good. They dont care who makes it in office either because they just need the majority vote to keep the establishment and contract from getting minority vote where the social contract becomes null and void.

So if you like the what the social contract does for you (usually the poor & the old(need their welfare and social insurance) and the wealthy(need their power and money)) all you have to do is register to vote and the social contract stays alive. the congress of bamboons control the money and the economy so they can force suffrage among the nation to get majority vote anytime they need to.

And if you dont want the social contract to dictate how to live your lives (usually the middle class and the young adults, if there are any left of the middle class) then dont register at all and these people are usually always stuck with the minority vote.

So like a perpetual motion machine Every 4 years we vote yes to the Social contract by majority vote .They coercively put the people into a posistion where the majority of people need them because of the benefits that government gives them.
edit on 2-8-2012 by MAllen7424 because: I think faster than I can type

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

I voted last time, but doubt that I'll vote this time around. No one that they want truly represents the people anymore, in my opinion. I too think the system is propped up, never understood the electoral college thing. I think it should be by popularity anyway, and didn't particularly believe in either party anymore.

edit on 2-8-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Not voting isn't going to change anything. That just gives the establishment one less vote against them. Want to do something different? Shake up the establishment? Vote for third party candidates. Libertarians. Greens. Whatever suits your fancy better than the establishment. If enough people will do that then it sends a much more powerful message than not voting at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That wouldn't be a solution in my mind, but more of a sign that people have finally woken up to the charade.

By that time, they would have already been onto the games and left/right game playing. That would be the real change, but that is also a result and not a solution.

The solution would be the answer to, How do you educate the people to the continual left/right antics and show them that the face my change, but the game is always the same?

My only exception to this would be in Ron got into office...that is, if he isn't controlled opposition. Anything seems to be possible in these political war games.

I really refuse to vote unless Ron Paul has a good chance of winning. Otherwise, I am falling for the idea that voting gives me some power, and I know damn well it doesn't. I have never registered to vote, and I probably never will. Aside from the illusion of choice, your voter address is sold, resulting in lots of junk mail.

(hope this wasn't posted already; I haven't read all the pages)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Voting only works when the vote count is verifiable. Today it is not. To simply repeat the cliches about voting rights and how not voting is giving up your rights bah blah does not verify the vote and inb fact encourages further corruption in perpetuating a broken system. I agree that not voting will not change anything as they will just pretend enough people voted anyway. However not participating in the charade any longer is the first step to looking for alternatives to the current fraud.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
That my friend is just stupid, sorry but your wrong.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's been some time since I posted on ATS. But I came back just to say this one thing, because I feel utterly compelled to.

How dare anyone tell me or my fellow citizens what we have the right to complain about based on whether or not we vote? You have the right to say you don't feel I should have the right to complain, or that I'm being unfair somehow by complaining by not voting. But you do not get to tell me what my rights are.

I have the right not to vote. I have the right to complain about the status quo others vote into power every four to eight years while not voting. I have the right to express myself via not voting. You don't get to dictate what my rights are. I do. And if that prospect disquiets you, I don't feel particularly inclined to apologize for it.

That is all. Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by r2d246

So again, you already don't vote! Well it doesn't count for much when you do.

Then who elected all those people in DC? Was it the NWO 1%?

Look, I share your frustration but abandoning the only system we have doesn’t solve the problem. Sitting it out solves NOTHING.

What's your solution?

edit on 2-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

I agree with the poster. Just don't vote. It's a complete waste of time. As far as a solution goes I don't see there being one.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

You have a right not to work as well, not many working people will care when you bitch about having no money though.

I guess if not voting was a great thing, then MTV is definitely evil, back when voting numbers were way low amongst young people, they started the "rock the vote" campaign.
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:45:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

You have a right not to work as well, not many working people will care when you bitch about having no money though.

I guess if not voting was a great thing, then MTV is definitely evil, back when voting numbers were way low amongst young people, they started the "rock the vote" campaign.
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:45:44 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

that is exactly what is going on. it dont matter which candidate you vote for. Registering to vote just gves the Social contract (your government) majority vote to keep the Social contract in tact. Yes MTV is in the social contract game. Anyone trying to convince you to vote loves the social contract (their government). Why do you think they want immigration of people whom dont know the law to have the right to vote. They need the friggen majority vote to survive. Stop frauding yourself on a specific candidate because the oppression and tyranny will proceed through their agenda of a consolidated united Social contract that they call The New wORLD oRDER. where they control you with civil liberties stripping you from your absolute liberty that you were born with and given to you by your creator. Stop worshipping evil serpents and come back out out of the contract as "free agent".

YOU WANT CHANGE? DON"T REGISTER TO VOTE FOR THE SOCIAL CONTRACT.
edit on 3-8-2012 by MAllen7424 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Ya but when you work you get money, and you can then use that money. When you vote you get 2 choices. Both parties of the same agenda and system. Both candidates of the same system. And your vote isn't even actually counted. Who wins is already decided. That's why there's voting machines and nothing is transparent in nature. Like for example. If there was only 100 kids voting for class president. They'd all sign there name on a peice of paper under the candidates name they want. Then after the teacher would post those results so all the kids go up and look at it. They could see who voted for who. They could see what candidate got more votes. They could clearly see who won and by how much. Everything is transparent.

But with the voting machines nothing is transparent. Everything is hidden. Everything is secret. You don't know who voted for who, you don't know if the machine was working properly, you don't know why it has strange algorythems, computer programes, strange microchips, modems, and other technogagetry that not even computer science phd's can easily explain. And then you're suppose to just trust the results. And the results are always the same. Someone wins by a narrow margain. And it's always one of the two candidates in the two party system. IT'S SUCH A FRAUD. Without having any transparency it's COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS. It's theatrics, and not real life. It's to give the people a false sense of hope that the system in place is working fine when it's a hoax. Like I could be wrong. I could be in la la land. Infact I hope I am, so even if the voting machines by some fluke are reading right, then that still doesn't explain away the 2 party system that is one in the same. You vote for one, but you get one side of the same coin. You don't get a different coin. Same criminals part in parcel to the same corrupt agenda working hard to steel our tax money and rob us of what little we got and make life harder and harder for us. And we are so freaking stupid that we'll actually take time out of our busy slave to the grind lives to support this? IT'S FREAKIN NUTS.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I agree, I have always said we need to go back to paper voting, wide open counting, so it can be seen that the numbers are real. A lot of counts are done in secrecy, I don't like it. So what if the vote counting might take longer, to me it is a fair trade off to wait a few more days for the results, for transparency and accountability.
edit on Fri, 03 Aug 2012 04:51:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join