It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video apparently exposing western propaganda... from Nth Korea??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by texasgirl

Why must everyone jump to the hate conclusion? I think they're just teaching them not to trust the West, which is a very worthwhile lesson if you ask me. Especially when you consider just how un-trustworthy we are. [/quote

I posted an article that shows children 'hating' the americans. Schools are teaching them this. If you haven't read the article I encourage you to do so.

No one really knows what is going on there, that's for sure...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The world needs enemies so to cover-up the real foes.

MM

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by deessell

What did you think about the living conditions there? Is the media censorship as bad as it is reported to be? And as for the military, is conscription still mandatory?

The livings conditions are very poor, especially in the countryside. But, I will say that the conditions in the countryside were no better or no worse than in the countryside in Vietnam. In fact, when I visited NK I was living in North Vietnam. There were a lot of similarities.

I think you would be surprised at how much infiltration by outside media there is. Dandong is a Chinese city on the border and goods flow across, including South Korean dramas and Hollywood films.

The North Koreans are at war -- for them, they live under war time conditions, aka rationing. Conscription is mandatory -- they are at war.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

reply to post by deessell

What did you think about the living conditions there? Is the media censorship as bad as it is reported to be? And as for the military, is conscription still mandatory?

The livings conditions are very poor, especially in the countryside. But, I will say that the conditions in the countryside were no better or no worse than in the countryside in Vietnam. In fact, when I visited NK I was living in North Vietnam. There were a lot of similarities.

I think you would be surprised at how much infiltration by outside media there is. Dandong is a Chinese city on the border and goods flow across, including South Korean dramas and Hollywood films.

The North Koreans are at war -- for them, they live under war time conditions, aka rationing. Conscription is mandatory -- they are at war.

Just listen to the people whom actually live there. Not propaganda, but unreal conditions.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The propaganda coming from the BBC on Syria makes me sick every day i turn on the tv, last night they really pushed the boat out and had a major propaganda piece.

The truth is that no one really cares about Syria, countries all over the world have had troubles for years and we've never reported on it, all the African troubles and we never report it, yet when it comes to Syria there is just a non stop, every single day report about what is going on.

Normal people of the UK are too busy worrying about our own finances and the euro to care about what is going on in Syria, yet they keep pushing every single day. On the BBC website the Syria stories are always very low on the "most read" or "most viewed" list or don't even make it on there yet it's always the first headline story on the nightly news. It's disgusting really.

They obviously have the tactic that has worked before for them, pump out the propaganda and wait for the people to cry and demand they do something about it, so they can go and invade a country at the blessing of the people, but this time it's just not there, there is no outcry, no one really cares, but they keep pushing and pushing.

Every night they have to add to their stories "cannot be independently verified" and every single story is biased to one side, it's pathetic and it makes me sick, i just pray that Russia and China hold tight and don't allow the scum to invade another country where they have no right being.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Now here's what a society looks like when everyone can see through the propaganda and think for themselves:

That's funny - that video is propaganda itself. And you fell for it.

NK is a not a nice place. People are forced to worship the leadership. They spout it off constantly - they have to. Nothing was quite as sad as watching a huge room full of people with bandages over their eyes because they have cataracts - because of their horrible work conditions and lack of medical care. And as they get the procedure to remove them, they stand in front of the pictures of their leadership, and praise them with their hands in their air, proclaiming their greatness, and how NK will crush America and so on ad naeseum. Do they believe what they are saying? I doubt it. But they must say it, and make others believe it. That's not called "thinking for yourself."

In NK, if you attempt to defect, they will send your entire family to a prison camp as a lesson. It sort of curbs defections. There are a few honest shows out there about NK - heavily monitored by NK officials, but you can still see the truth. Watching NK games isn't the truth of the nation - you've fell victim to said propaganda. Well done!

edit on 26-6-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

Oh.. found the documentary with Lisa Ling - go to 39 minute mark if you want to see that cataract scene. You tell me if that seems like they are living the dream of free thinking.

edit on 26-6-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Thanks for posting.

That is so awesome. It makes me sick when I see obvious US propaganda against the North Koreans.

Its about time they started fighting back.

Have you ever seen some of the videos coming out of north Korea , they are evil no ifs ands or buts about it. If a family member commits a crime the whole extended family goes to the camps for reeducation / death. It is obvious tou will bie on any propaganda against the West , Christians and Jews from what I have seen of you . Your probably a closet Muslim and it seems you hate freedom .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Please upload the original video instead. This is the original uploader and on the description of his videos it says this:

Here is the formal statement I gave to Police on 16 June, 2012: On a trip to visit family in Seoul in April, I was approached by a man and a woman who claimed to be North Korean defectors. They requested a meeting the following day to hand over a film that needed to be translated, and I agreed to meet with them. They presented me with a DVD disc that recently came into their possession via the recent arrival of a defector into their group. They asked me to translate the film and "make sure the world saw it" and an agreement was made to protect their identities (and mine). Despite my concerns about what I was viewing when I returned home, I proceeded to translate and post the film on You Tube because of the film's extraordinary content. I have made public my belief that this film was never intended for a domestic audience in the DPRK. Instead, I believe the 'defectors' specifically targeted me because of my reputation as a translator and interpreter. Furthermore, I now believe these people work for the DPRK. The fact that I have continued to translate and post the film in spite of this belief does not make me complicit in their intention to spread their ideology. I chose to keep posting this film because - regardless of who made it - I believe people should see it for the issues it raises, and I stand by my right to keep sharing and discussing this film. Sabine

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Okay that is a really out of control statement.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We Do have Zombies.
and they belive all the propaganda.
and they wont to take Your brains,
so you belive the propaganda too.

how do you get thise zombies to See the truth?
there are to many to shoot them all.
so how do we cure them?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

North Korean propaganda is unique. It has a shock factor like no other.

I would venture to say the reason is because they're showing the killing of innocent children and common folk, and of course making it look like the military men are enjoying themselves.

Propaganda is not just fifty year old posters, propaganda is all around you. The mainstream media, tv commercials, political commercials....all are an attempt to plant an idea in your head.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

It seems North Korea has been listening.

But it appears that in all of the world there is nothing but propaganda. I'll give them one thing globalization is more costly then its worth. Or at least for the average person that is, and its funny how much of it is all just in the definition and meaning of a word, which can be changed on a whim most times.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

I find it very hard to believe that is the truth. What if your media and government are just doing the same against the North koreans? Seriously, If North Korea was so isolated from the rest of the world, Why would they allow a North korean soccer team to qualify and then participate in the world cup? Also in the olympics and other events?

If the North Korean regime were that worried, they would simply not let their country participate in those events. I'm sure that some of those players would play sport in other countries as well. Yes, it is a poor country but you have to remember that a lot of North koreans do know what the rest of the world is like also.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's a shame this video was made by North Korea, that source is a perfect distraction from the truths in the message.

You can't deny both NK and the US engage in incredible levels of propaganda but what is of consequence is the total affect either nation's propaganda has on their own people and everyone else. You cannot objectively compare the two and honestly consider them to be playing in the same league.

It takes courage to stare down the question of how much of our reality and lifestyle is fabricated by self-serving interests of a ruling psychopathic elite, how much of our reality and lifestyle is the people's natural creation, and how much are you willing to change if you don't like the honest answers. You can easily spot the ones too afraid to consider those questions, they are the ones who immediately minimize the video as NK lies.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Fighting propaganda with propaganda? Oh Kimmy you so funny

If you're finding this to be truthful, I strongly suggest you check out "The Red Chapel" as it is a very frank look at the government-mandated cultural revision in North Korea. Then again, most of you will call a bunch of Dutch comedians and a filmmaker heading out to North Korea on a "cultural exchange" as propaganda.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
When is truth propoganda? I guess when it's against "your side."

"Since 1955, the US has tried to overthrow 50 governments, many of them democracies. In the process, over 30 countries and their people have been attacked ... as a result, not one single non-democratic country has been turned into a genuine democracy."

Truth or propoganda?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Good point, girl I agree and noticed that too.

BUT BUT BUT the majority of this video should mortify you about America and the West.

Time is short...upheaval is imminent and inevitable....and we earned it and deserve it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnevnoi

Fighting propaganda with propaganda? Oh Kimmy you so funny

If you're finding this to be truthful, I strongly suggest you check out "The Red Chapel" as it is a very frank look at the government-mandated cultural revision in North Korea. Then again, most of you will call a bunch of Dutch comedians and a filmmaker heading out to North Korea on a "cultural exchange" as propaganda.

I'm not fighting propaganda with anything. All countries are guilty of it. I just found this one was a really good doco and for some reason it did touch a string or two inside regardless of whether it came from North Korea or simply from a very intelligent person who has nothing to do with North Korea.

As much as I disagree with the regime in North Korea, I still believe that maybe everything we are told may not be the entire truth, All I see the North Koreans doing is the exact same as what the US and other allies do there people when it comes to North korea. We are bombarded with nothing but bad news.

Most likely the majority of us have never been to that country also, so everything we are told is nothing more than hear/say. I simply don't believe anything that my government tells me because I know they lie and use propaganda with just about everything else also.

edit on 26-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

From my understanding, Congress made it illegal to use Propaganda within The USA. However, they termed a newly coined phrase called Psy-Ops which is the same dang thing and it is used throughout the the world by US and other Western Nations.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

See your post just really makes no sense to me. As much as North Korea is in a bad state, I can think of other countries who are going through much worse. As much as the North Korean regime are evil (according to the information we receive from our propaganda machines), the country is stable to a certain degree. Take a look at the likes of Syria and most African countries... North Korea even has nothing on them when it comes to crimes against humanity etc...

When it comes to North Korea hating the US, Take a look across the border into South Korea and you might find an answer or two..

edit on 26-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join