It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Jesus but Yeshua

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: CabablancaHizb

No, ante (antechristos) in Greek means "in place of". Antichrist means a pseudo-Christ, a false Christ. The spirit of antichrist is a spirit that affirms Christ, yet it's a false representation of Him.

Anti means against, plain and simple.

Ante as a prefix means "prior to."

Wow. Anti doesn't come close to meaning false. John uses the term antichrists and to describe people who are against Christ in his time and later. Other than John's epistles the word isn't used and I have explained its meaning already.

Now stop being wrong please it gets old.

Last time, tell me what the eye of the needle is referring to or I gotta put you on d.n.r. It is something in Jerusalem if you need a clue.
edit on 27-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I'm telling you what "ante" means in the Greek, since the book was penned in Greek. The word in Greek is "antechristos", meaning a false Christ, a pseudo one.

edit on 28-6-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

I don't care about Greek it doesn't make antichrist mean what you said it means.

In ENGLISH anti is a prefix meaning against.

Anti-Semite means against Semitic peoples.

Antichrist means against Christ.

Even in Greek it has the same definition and it isn't false Christs. It would have been translated to a word with an equal definition but is properly translated as antichrists meaning "people against Christ."

You are just plain wrong guy.

You argue a hell of a lot of erroneous concepts does it ever get tiring being corrected? It must because you can't handle it.
edit on 28-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Anti means against, plain and simple.

Ante as a prefix means "prior to."

You are wrong. "αντί" has the meaning of "instead of" primarily as its meaning.As an example (Αντί εκείνης, πήγε αυτός.‎ ― Antí ekeínis, píge aftós. ― Instead of her, he went.). Since you can not speak Greek here is the English version. : wiktionary

over against, opposite
at the same time as
in exchange for, in place of
at the price of, in return for
for the sake of, for
instead of
compared with

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

Anti means against, you are wrong and don't know English I guess.

The fact that you have to use another language to even suggest otherwise is just ridiculous because if you don't know the meaning of the prefix anti, that is bad.

An antichrist is someone who is against Christ. I don't need to speak Greek to know that it has a rough equivalent in Greek that is translated to English as antichrists.

Which means "people against Christ."

That is the way it is used and has nothing to do with false Christs.

I would say Peace like that too if I was trying to support something easily proven incorrect.

There is no mention of antichrists outside of John's epistles and he is using it how I have been saying and I suggest you evaluate your level of knowledge before you get into falsifying definitions to agree with you.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Who in their right mind is going to argue that anti doesn't mean "against"?

I don't need to use the internet to know that.

You that confused about the definition you need to use a dictionary and find every variant
including what I said it means to boot?

Yet even though the quote you provided says I am correct you say I am not?

WOW!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Ah, welcome back (Gnosis,padawan...KingPhilipsiX: etc). Now, that i know who i am dealing with, my reply to you will be different as i usually reply.

Anti means against, you are wrong and don't know English I guess.

Well "αντί" is Greek and doesn´t mean what you think it means. Deal with it.

The fact that you have to use another language to even suggest otherwise is just ridiculous because if you don't know the meaning of the prefix anti, that is bad.

I am Greek and know the meaning of it, which is why i gave you the link to read it your self. Deny Ignorance and all that stuff...

There is no mention of antichrists outside of John's epistles and he is using it how I have been saying and I suggest you evaluate your level of knowledge before you get into falsifying definitions to agree with you.

Antichrist as its been used by John has the meaning of "instead of". The other usage of "αντί" has the meaning of "as opposed to"," in contrast with" which comes from "over against". I know its hard to understand but give it a try.

If you could speak Greek you would have known that "against" = "ενάντια". So here is the English version just for you: Wiktionary

ενάντια • ‎(enántia) ‎(+ accusative)

against

πλέαμε ενάντια στον άνεμο (we were sailing against the wind)
ενάντια σε κάθε ξένη επιρροή (against any foreign influence)

Synonyms

εναντίον ‎(enantíon)

Peace
edit on 28-6-2016 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I can see you are not a person I want anything to do with. Obsessing over the definition of a prefix that everyone knows means against is ridiculous.

An extinct language doesn't change anything, you are mad because you know you are wrong and aren't taking it out on me.

Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

This will be my last reply to you (Gnosis,padawan...KingPhilipsiX: etc) to your current account.

I can see you are not a person I want anything to do with. Obsessing over the definition of a prefix that everyone knows means against is ridiculous.

I know that facts and truth might be difficult for you to accept, but its never too late to start with.

An extinct language doesn't change anything, you are mad because you know you are wrong and aren't taking it out on me.

I am neither mad nor i have something against you personally, as i do not care a bit about someone, who keeps inventing new identities all the time.

And to the spirit of Deny Ignorance and stuff...Greek is not an extinct language.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb

I don't care about Greek it doesn't make antichrist mean what you said it means.

In ENGLISH anti is a prefix meaning against.

Anti-Semite means against Semitic peoples.

Antichrist means against Christ.

Even in Greek it has the same definition and it isn't false Christs. It would have been translated to a word with an equal definition but is properly translated as antichrists meaning "people against Christ."

You are just plain wrong guy.

You argue a hell of a lot of erroneous concepts does it ever get tiring being corrected? It must because you can't handle it.

Why would you say you don't care what the Greek means when the NT was written in Greek? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb

Deal with it.

Greek isn't extinct. It's spoken to this day. And it's very important to know what John was saying when he wrote 1 John, what's the point of studying the letter if we don't want to know what he said when he wrote it?

An antichrist is a fake/substitute Christ, an impostor, a false version. Even Jesus said there would be many false versions of Himself and to reject them. It's irrelevant what "ante" has come to mean in English after passing through Latin from the Greek, it's only important to know what the word meant when the letter was first written.

Ante means "in place of", or "instead of". It's a fake Christ, a fake Savior/Messiah.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Jauk3

Simple answer because we do not speak Hebrew and Jesus is the Anglo pronunciation of his name.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Koine Greek is extinct, and that is the Greek of the New Testament. There has yet to be found a Koine Greek dictionary by archeologist. Most of if not all of the Koine Greek words have Classical Greek meanings forced on them in every lexicon and Greek study books like Vines, Strong's and Zoiates (sp?).

This is why God's preservation was necessary or the meanings would be lost. There is only one Bible that has all the verses in it. Find it and you find the preserved Bible.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

you got it he is back
edit on 28-6-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Koine simply means "common" Greek, and it's still spoken to this day.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just for kicks I Googled the definition of anti:

As a preposition: opposed to, against.

As an adjective: opposed to (against)

As a noun:. a person opposed to a particular policy, activity or idea.

So I believe that this is literally the dumbest argument I have ever involved myself in.

Anti in no way means pseudo or fake.

I know the source of your confusion. You have been brought up to equate the Beast of Revelation with the word Antichrist.

This is just a pop fad and is not scriptural. The Beast is not called the Antichrist in the Bible.

Antichrist is not even in the book of Revelation one time. Only in John's epistles.

So anyone who says that antichrists means anything I there than against or opposed to Christ is not accurate.

False Messiah's is the term the Bible uses for fake Christs.

The only thing that bothers me is that people are actually investing time accusing a person who is actually correct of being not. It just makes me sad that people could be so dedicated to a falsehood.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just for kicks I Googled the definition of anti:

As a preposition: opposed to, against.

As an adjective: opposed to (against)

As a noun:. a person opposed to a particular policy, activity or idea.

So I believe that this is literally the dumbest argument I have ever involved myself in.

Anti in no way means pseudo or fake.

I know the source of your confusion. You have been brought up to equate the Beast of Revelation with the word Antichrist.

This is just a pop fad and is not scriptural. The Beast is not called the Antichrist in the Bible.

Antichrist is not even in the book of Revelation one time. Only in John's epistles.

So anyone who says that antichrists means anything other than against or opposed to Christ is not accurate.

False Messiah's is the term the Bible uses for fake Christs.

The only thing that bothers me is that people are actually investing time accusing a person who is actually correct of being not. It just makes me sad that people could be so dedicated to a falsehood.

Has America descended into such a state of proud ignorance or what?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You'd better link the page you used to define the Greek word "ante". What you said in your post sounds like the definition of "anti" in English.

And there are 33 titles for the antichrist in The Bible, "the Beast" is just one of the 33.

edit on 28-6-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

depends on the context of whats being discussed.

You fail to grasp the simplicity of what others are pointing out and think its wrong because you dont get it

Anti means against, you are wrong and don't know English I guess. The fact that you have to use another language to even suggest otherwise is just ridiculous because if you don't know the meaning of the prefix anti, that is bad. An antichrist is someone who is against Christ. I don't need to speak Greek to know that it has a rough equivalent in Greek that is translated to English as antichrists. Which means "people against Christ."

No,

but you can believe in anything you like.

The term was originally written in Greek, you dont need to speak Greek to understand what is trying to be explained to you.

If you understand English as well as you imply you should get the simplicity of what is being pointed out to you,

yet you just want argue semantics.

I can see you are not a person I want anything to do with. Obsessing over the definition of a prefix that everyone knows means against is ridiculous. An extinct language doesn't change anything, you are mad because you know you are wrong and aren't taking it out on me. Deal with it.

Actually take back what I say above, you just sound like teenager that thinks they know it all but cant understand the simplicity of certain things.

Greek isn't an extinct language.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

depends on the context of whats being discussed.

You fail to grasp the simplicity of what others are pointing out and think its wrong because you dont get it

Anti means against, you are wrong and don't know English I guess. The fact that you have to use another language to even suggest otherwise is just ridiculous because if you don't know the meaning of the prefix anti, that is bad. An antichrist is someone who is against Christ. I don't need to speak Greek to know that it has a rough equivalent in Greek that is translated to English as antichrists. Which means "people against Christ."

No,

but you can believe in anything you like.

The term was originally written in Greek, you dont need to speak Greek to understand what is trying to be explained to you.

If you understand English as well as you imply you should get the simplicity of what is being pointed out to you,

yet you just want argue semantics.

I can see you are not a person I want anything to do with. Obsessing over the definition of a prefix that everyone knows means against is ridiculous. An extinct language doesn't change anything, you are mad because you know you are wrong and aren't taking it out on me. Deal with it.

Actually take back what I say above, you just sound like teenager that thinks they know it all but cant understand the simplicity of certain things.

Greek isn't an extinct language.

Koine Greek is, and that is the language it was written in.

I actually posted the definition of anti above taken from online.

If you need to pretend that by telling people the facts, specifically that anti means against and not pseudo, I am some kind of moron go right ahead.

Insult me all you want, but you will not be able to prove that anti means fake or pseudo in the English language.

Which is what was claimed. And all I was doing was correcting someone who was confused.

Much like I am now with you.

The only ones who are failing to grasp simplicity are you and the person who can't seem to figure out the difference between ante and anti.

Proven by the fact that I provided the definition of anti and he thinks I mistakenly provided the definition for ante.

But I didn't.

Anti means more or less "against'

Ante means more or less "prior to"

I don't see what you get out of joining sides with someone who is obviously of a low level of intelligence. You also must have difficulty with simple things.

Let's say hypothetically that the Greek word that was translated to antichrists did mean fake or pseudo Christs.

I would not doubt for a second that, had that been the case, it would have been translated pseudochrists.

The fact that it was translated antichrists should be enough simple logic to convince you that anti doesn't mean pseudo.

You could also check the dictionary, you will not find it defined as pseudo or fake.

So you pretty much just showed how little facts you use when arguing your position.

And that being correct is less important to you than insulting people.
edit on 29-6-2016 by CabablancaHizb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join