It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunting pics of abandoned cities around the world

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
in the same vein: abandoned japanese amusement park called dreamland (disneyland rip off) www.lovethesepics.com...

another japanese park based on gullivers travels weburbanist.com...

six flags of new orleans (ruined by hurricane katrina) www.lovethesepics.com...

the gullivers travels pic are really creepy. someone started a thread about the abandoned six flags with pics and some really haunting music a while back. [/quote

Wow, is all I can say for the six flags link. Creepy & I would love to take a look around. I cant believe its still in this state. ( Although I understand money to rebuilding homes would be of major concern to this area). Thanks for the links

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

The peace that you sense in these photos was only possible after immense human suffering. To think of humanity being wiped out like the dinosaurs is a very horrible and disturbing thought. The people who lived in these places did not deserve the tragic events that led to their homes becoming inhabitable. To me these photos should remind us all of the ephemeral nature of our existence. We should not waste today because were not promised tomorrow. We should view these photos with reverence and respect to those who used to call these places home.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This really shows how insignificant our species is! Just 16 years after Pripyat was abandoned and it is becoming overgrown. With no maintenance, I'm sure that it will become even more unrecognisable in 16 years.

I recommend that people watch 'Life After People', it shows how quickly human structures would disintegrate if our species vanished. Very humbling stuff, thank you for sharing!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Imagine, someday future generations will find these remains and start wondering how we built such, how we got the knowledge or whether we had help from the ETs

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
I live near Centralia. The inspiration for the Silent Hill video game franchise. Definitely can see where the creepiness comes from. The place feels like a gateway to Hell itself and the road to it has earned the nickname of "Hell's Highway".

The entire roadway has been gratified to insane proportions. You can, however, still drive to a spot that leads right into the main part of town, and there is even a road that goes right through town. Only one house still stands, a church, an inactive fire station with a working whistle, and a memorial to those lost. The rest are a bunch of cement foundations where homes once stood.

Every couple of feet there are cracks in the ground where smoke is coming out of the ground, and at some portions it is advices to be careful due to cave ins. You can feel the heat against rising up from the earth all around you and then, when the sun is just about to set - the fire whistle goes off. For those who are familiar with the Silent Hill games, you would recognize the terror things brings to people standing in Centralia for the first time after playing those games. It certainly isn't fun, that is for sure.

Most definitely one of the creepiest places I have ever been. There is no wildlife or humanity left there, and the vegetation moves away with every passing day. I'm never one to believe in paranormal, but if ever there was a place where I felt something spiritual as in, from the afterlife, that is the place I feel it. Certainly a unique experience.

Not entirely true. There are 5 households left in Centralia, and the wildlife and vegetation are doing just fine. Centralia is just a few miles up Rt. 61 from me.

Ironically, today is the 50th anniversary of the start of the fire.

readingeagle.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Beautiful photographs. Thanks very much.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
These pictures are stunning! Each one has a unique ambience to it. My favorite is probably the Oradour-sur-Glane, France which was destroyed by the German military in 1944, especially the one featuring the blown out car in the forefront with bombed out buildings behind. The contrast is especially discerning in this picture. Thank you for the links to something we don't usually give a thought to!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
it costs too much to rebuild six flags but they did go in and took stuff that could be used at other parks around the country.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Centralia Pa is not too far from where I grew up. Now it's mostly mother nature taking over. The church is still there though.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.kiddofspeed.com...

Please view this website through the eyes of a Elena, a Russian physicist who travelled through the ghost city of Chernobyl via motorcycle, and dedicated these pictures and stories of her journeys through this haunting place. She is a friend of an old schoolmate of mine, and he posted her story on facebook for all to share. I believe he was inspired to post this after he saw the photos from this thread that I had to share with some of my friends on facebook who are fascinated with these subjects. Thank you once again "Feeling Connected" for this enlightening thread!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Those buildings really creep me out, it's like they know something we don't. That doesn't appear to be no more funds for a construction project that went belly up, those cities are actually finished.

I know I sound paranoid to some, and that's fine, but in this day & age I think only the blind aren't at least a lil wary.

Thanx for the link.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join