It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Come on ASKTHEANIMALS.

Swallow your pride and hoax bin this thing.

It is so very very very obviously fake.
It has fake camera movement (video editor added some of the shakes when the
drone is in frame), it has post production blurring of the object, no reason he would have even known to turn from the game he wasn't even filming, the drone wouldn't be that low, there wouldn't be a predator flying in the sky ("survellance"), and so many more reasons. Even the "flight" looks off.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It's not up to me and frankly I'm unconvinced that it is not real (then again I'm no authority on the subject). Why would anyone fake a video of a drone? How would they know it would go viral? The original youtube channel the video is on seems to be a beekeeper. No "UFO" videos or anything else even slightly bogus so I doubt they have an agenda.
It's the idea of drones flying over the US that is making people respond and the majority don't like it.

Because 1 guy makes a video it's a hoax?
He uses a turning plane as a comparison for perspective.
So far it seems more like an opinion poll.
(note: mods participating in threads are not allowed to action any posts in it)

I even posted it in Weapons and Tactics, I wasn't looking for this to blow up.
Check my thread history if you think I'm posting this looking for attention.
If other mods can agree it's cgi I'd be happy to bin it. No pride involved.

eta: a tineye search showed multiple old sources for what appears to be the image in the video. I still have no idea why anyone would bother to create a fake drone video though.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
www.hobbyking.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">How to freak-out tinfoils

'nuff said.

74" is darned big....
edit on 5/18/2012 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

Never mind.. The link got fubar'd by ATS ' " exellent" ( not) editor that doesn't like iPads....

Basically it's a 72inch wingspan RC model of a drone. 72" is mighty big and would fool anyone not versed in plane-spotting, or RC planes, for that matter. Cheap too...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
so why isnt this in the [HOAX] bin?
any mods care to answer?

its just that this thread HERE was zoomed into it so fast!!!
(and imho too quickly, needs more than just one post on gps coords that can be off even if in a stationary position) read the thread for more info

whats the score?
this "drone" is obviously a [HOAX] so again why isnt it binned?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well it is a hoax because there is absolutely no evidence (not even IN the video) that there are armed drones now flying over the US. Even if the video is legit there is absolutely not source or evidence that there are armed drones flying over the US.

At all. It was a headline you came up with to go with a you tube video and it suggests a great deal. I like most of your posts and agree with you from time to time, but I can't here.
edit on 18-5-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So if you shoot them down, do they come after the entire neighborhood and kill every man woman and child? Cut off power and water? Imprison anyone without question?

Who owns these drones? I am a later comer to this situation but am pretty heart pounded right now just from the OP and first few posts.
Wow.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I dont think you have to worry to much about finding your house Antar

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No, it's a hoax because he made an accurate video describing why it's a hoax. He didn't just use a turning plane. He showed you the EXACT PHOTO USED to create the hoax. It's identical in every way. The angle, coloring, shading.. it's the same object. Go ahead and find another picture of a drone that appears identical in every way (especially the angle).

But you won't be able to. It's a hoax, obviously.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

The plane wasn't turning! It was flying perfectly straight, doing a flyby.

You can find 1000's of videos of aircraft flying perfect straight past a camera, and you will see the same parallax effect in the wings that prove the video is a hoax. Including the fact that the source image was found!

Do you really have that much trouble understanding simple laws of perspective that you encounter every single day of your life? Wow!

edit on 18-5-2012 by YouRBlind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It's not up to me and frankly I'm unconvinced that it is not real (then again I'm no authority on the subject).

Ok, so even after you've been shown the exact photo that was nicked off the web and how it matches 100% to the image in the video you're still unconvinced? What would convince you?

I suggest you take a beginners drawing class and learn about perspective. The predator drone in the video is breaking the laws of perspective by not changing perspective.

The original youtube channel the video is on seems to be a beekeeper. No "UFO" videos or anything else even slightly bogus so I doubt they have an agenda.

Forget about the bee video, it's 2 years old. Look at his other video "3 Commercial Jets Following Each Other - Somthing To Do With The Chicago NATO". That is totally bogus and shows what his agenda is, creating fear about the upcoming Chicago NATO summit.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No armament on that Predator. I live in Elgin and saw it first hand as it went by. It was a recon predator not an attack drone.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Why would anyone fake a video of a drone? How would they know it would go viral?

Youtube videos make good money. He's had over a 100,00 views in just a few days. No one ever 'knows' a video will go viral. But uploading video of a controversial topic (drones) near a controversial event (NATO conf) is a good start.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by steveo007

Okay ,have you seen all the drones?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007

No armament on that Predator. I live in Elgin and saw it first hand as it went by. It was a recon predator not an attack drone.

Are you sure it was an RQ-1?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
why this is in hoax.. wtf.. i think govt order or pay ats mods to put this in hoax. there are many evidences and links that in America will have flying drones in our air.. why this in hoax? to dumb us down?

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

There is one truth to this topic...the U.S. Military is testing Armed Drones at Groom Lake as well as several other locations in the U.S. at remote sites. Armed Drone testing is also being carried out at sea off U.S. Aircraft Carriers.

One of the reasons...but not the only...to cut down the number of F-22 Raptors is that the USAF has and is testing Un-Manned Fighter and Bomber Aircraft that without all the weight baggage that goes along in carrying a Human Pilot...these Aircraft can manuver at angles and speeds that would kill a Human as well as have longer range. Just the weight of the ejection seat if removed...can improve many things never mind making the crafts design more Stealthy and all Branches of the Military are under directives to make a large portion of their Equipment as well as self ropelled weapons...Robotic as early as 2018.

Split Infinity

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

We have drones here in the uk that the police use. But there are so many privacy laws that prevent them from using being used in residential areas. That's not to say they are not watching us.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007

Stop trying to muddy the waters. You claim no armament. Take a good look at the Predator that MisterBees claims to have filmed. Explain why it shows an image of an armed Predator? Explain why those images used in the video can be found within the first page of an internet image search? Why do these idiots always use images straight from a search engine?

The other image that MisterBees uses in the video to highlight what he claims to have filmed is also straight from the first page of a search engine.

www.aeronauticpictures.com...

Watch the video at the following link and see how MisterBees pulled off the hoax. Why people fall for it is anyone's guess?

thehoaxkiller.com...
edit on 19-5-2012 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The madness continues! Others are trying to jump on the bandwagon!

I love his analysis "Commercial airliners dont leave tight NARROW streaks like these."

'CHICAGO NATO PREDATOR DRONE STREAKS EVERYWHERE!'

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

OH GOD. LET'S HOPE THEY DON'T BOOST AND GO FOR A TACTICAL NUKE!

Cheaters....

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join