It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed drones now flying over the US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This happened even faster than I expected. Caught flying over a ball game in Elgin, Illinois this predator drone appears to be carry armament packages on wing pods.
I feel this is the last straw for freedom in the US, as the government's current plans for 30,000 of these would give them surveillance and attack capabilities everywhere in the US at all times and in nearly all types of weather.
No doubt this is for the upcoming NATO summit in Chicago but what really are they for? How could these possibly deter terrorists?
I find this to be a troubling harbinger of things to come.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

edit on 15-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

This happened even faster than I expected.

You and me both. I expected we would at least have 1 year of unarmed drones in our skies before they armed them, but I guess not. My heart sank when word first started to spread not too long ago about the US allowing these drones in our air space. This worries me so, especially with all killing these drones have done in the Middle East. I know this is America and not the ME, but still, drone operators killing targets safely from behind a computer screen worries me so.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You know how it is....this is the first (loaded) one spotted/ People will say "Nah....". Then will come a second one, a third.....and we will get used to it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Its a good thing we live in the country with the most Freedom, wait, what.

This country is circling the bowel.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I cannot wait for the first few deaths caused by these terminators and what kind of spin will be put on it!!!
In other news, a kindergarten class of suspected al quaeda domestic terrorists was hit today by a predator drone...
I can see it now.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

This happened even faster than I expected.

You and me both. I expected we would at least have 1 year of unarmed drones in our skies before they armed them, but I guess not. My heart sank when word first started to spread not too long ago about the US allowing these drones in our air space. This worries me so, especially with all killing these drones have done in the Middle East. I know this is America and not the ME, but still, drone operators killing targets safely from behind a computer screen worries me so.

My thoughts exactly, why no build-up and acclimation time? What's the rush here? The lack of accountability shown by our government is frightening enough but now with these tools they can watch us or kill us at will.
Even if they were no ill intent accidents happen and it's a matter of time before people are hurt by these things colliding with aircraft or falling out of the sky.

I'm working on a new thread about how this might tie in with the NATO summit, China, and Russian troops "training" in Colorado. There is a chance the SMHTF very, very soon.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Sad........

I would think,this has been gonig on awhile. Freedom is not Freedom,anymore.

S&F

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
In an earlier post today, there was a fox news report saying you'd be a national hero if you bagged one of these. Seeing the video of the elevation that thing was flying at I would say that is not entirerly out of the question, and feel it is as well only a matter of time before those, who don't like being spied on start eliminating some of the spies.

SaneThinking

link   
Wait wait wait.

Is that armed with a 4pack hellfire system? I thought the drones cleared for US and Canada are un armed and meant for surveilance?

If that was an armed drone, holy #.

link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

This country is circling the bowel.

One of the funniest (and truest) misspellings I've ever read.
Classic!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Shoot it down!
edit on 15-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What the heck is going on?? This is no game and no playing to maintain and sustain over a long period. Imagine just the headaches of ordinance handling and storage in so many places to cover the whole country the way the FAA permits and such suggest.

They can't be doing this simply for show of force or intimidation. That is especially true when they're doing anything but advertising the fact this exists right now. So, I ask, what are they planning for and what do they expect to have to engage with this level of firepower?????

Americans aren't enough to require this. Let's be brutally honest and admit something here. For 80% or so of the nation...I'll just call Boobus Americanus, a few platoons of national guard with M-16s in a mid size city to back the cops will be enough. MOST won't even think for a moment about actually resisting in any serious way. The Government knows that. Heck....they've spent the decade or more now insuring everyone is predisposed to think that way.

SO... what ELSE are they expecting besides us Americans because we ain't the target for that platform. It's not even hitting a fly with a sledgehammer. It'd be hitting an ANT with an ANVIL.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

You know how it is....this is the first (loaded) one spotted/ People will say "Nah....". Then will come a second one, a third.....and we will get used to it.

Even if they don't get used to it - there's NOTHING anyone can do and when people are killed due to misidentification they'll get used to that too.

Folks will be walking the streets terrified incase they get hit by mistake or incase they've done something innocent and TPTB decide otherwise.

The main use will be for when they order you to stay at home because of Protests - Big ones are coming.

What do you think all the foreign troops are for?

edit on 15-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow......welcome to the USSA.

link   
man, I really, really hate to say this.

the drone is flying at a perfect speed and in a perfect line. no turbulence, etc. I know it would be hard to see via this camera etc, but something just feels wrong with this. (cgi?)

that's for sharing though. just two tiny copper pennies.

link   
Guuuys, but its to defend the innocent from those evil ones...

Wait, who controls people who control the drones?

Oh loooordy looord

I see one of outcomes...

A loooot more of Best Pursuits on Highway... some will end with effective whooosh and explosion of chased car
, that will the bonus everyone will be waiting for in front of their tv sets.

Try to realize, we're a different breed here, most of western society is already so dumbed down and herded for so long, that they cant comprehend idea of full freedom, and even dislike it in fear of what other people could make out of it.

edit on 15-5-2012 by stainlesssteelrat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

the drone is flying at a perfect speed and in a perfect line. no turbulence, etc. I know it would be hard to see via this camera etc, but something just feels wrong with this. (cgi?)

You have copper pennies?!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

All I can add is: I'm here to give testimony of the terrible thing to come.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The Birth of Fascism!

www.activistpost.com...

TextA State Of Terror; Of The Few, By The Few And For The Few The United States of America, at this time, is the primary conduit, instrument and catalyst, employed by an age-old line of supremacists, in the finalisation of an ancient quest for global totalitarianism. The last remaining superpower, now an unmitigated rogue state, is being used as both the sharp end of the stick, to back everyone into a corner, and a blunt instrument to beat them into submission.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

I have to say after watching the video and seeing how interested in it the guy was, why did he not carry on filming it? It flew out of shot and he thought a empty field was more interesting. Im not saying I think its CGI, just that it was a bit strange.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join