It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a devote catholic. Where are the consecrated hosts on Sunday?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Did you notice how bowls with hosts mysteriously come out of the tabernacle on Sunday masses when the multitudes of faithful take Holy Communion, many more than on a weekday? When did the priests consecrate them, present ON the Altar during Holy Mass, and during PUBLIC mass, not a secret one? Please do not tell me they are excess hosts from previous masses. When did you see the filled cups with hosts on the Altar - Saturday evening, Friday, another day? We have every reason to doubt that in a number of churches the people are given non-consecrated hosts on Sundays and feasts. Only few accept the real Body of Christ, mostly on weekday masses. Many millions of faithful are practically denied the real Holy Communion especially in the churches that do not distribute the wine-blood, that is the predominant practice everywhere around the word except for the USA.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Gliese581 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gliese581

I am a devote catholic

I am truly sorry.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Go to a non-denominational church. The Vatican is evil and likes to cover up pedophilia charges.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That is too much man. God only requires that you do more for others than yourself, keep a pure heart, and follow his tenements. No amount of hail mairys will make up for any sin. Just ask for forgiveness from Him. Cut out the middle man.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
why do you care? who do you pray to,GOD,or the dude at the frony of your church!
you can find GOD at home inside yourself!
save some gas money and the environment and stay home and pray!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

They are sitting in a bag. I used to eat them all the time as an altar boy. You are a devout catholic??? Have you read the bible?? The catholic church is an evil organization run by evil men who do not believe in what the preach. Its all about money and power. Hiding pedophiles was not just a few men but it was business as usual. How can you give to an organization who does that. Dont say they provide for the poor, Catholic charities is funded by govt grants to the tune of 85-90%. The money you give is just for the priests , institutions blah blah blah adnauseum, to continue their hell fir fearmongering.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Many millions of faithful are practically denied the real Holy Communion especially in the churches that do not distribute the wine-blood, that is the predominant practice everywhere around the word except for the USA.

So do you believe the priests practice magic up on the altar. Transfiguration is nothing but voodoo. Do you really believe youre eating christs body????

As another posted "I am so sorry". Read the bible, talk to God. Jesus said when you pray go into a closet and shut the door. He did not say go to the local pedophile comp

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Why don't you ask the Priest? Honestly, you come to a conspiracy to make your Church look bad.

In my Church they put the hosts they estimate that they need before Mass on a table next to the wine to be consecrated.

Yes, they always have some in the tabernacle to take to hospitals, shut-in.

Talk to the Priest and come back and tell us he says.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Ignore the "know-it-alls". I am glad that you have God in your life, there are so many who don't. And regardless of what some would have you believe, child molesting occurs everywhere, not just in the Catholic church. Apparently it happens to children who play sports and kids in college and even in the privacy of peoples own homes.

On topic, that is interesting, I hope that you are attending your church during the week

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

So you think they just magically appear?
It's the magic of religion and the slight of hand.

I think I can clue you in on how this is done since I attended a catholic school and was an alter boy for 6 of those years. I've served masses everyday of the week growing up, including Sundays, Weddings, Funeral you name it.

Here's the secret.
The dried wafer hosts are produced by the local nuns. An hour before the start of the mass, the priest will fill a chalice or two and store them in the Tabernacle. (I watched this being done numerous times). More than one chalice are filled with hosts on Sundays due to the increase in attendance. The wine and water is filled in small vases before the start of the mass. The alter boys will set them out on the gift table.

The hosts are supposedly being consecrated during the mass ritual. The mass is actually imitating Jesus and the last supper. During that time is when the "supposed magic happens." The wine and hosts are supposed to magically have turned into Christ's blood and body. Ask any priest and they actually believe that! Only after that are the host considered sacred and are retrieved from the tabernacle. They don't magically multiply!
When priests fall short on hosts especially around the holidays, I have seen priests go to back to retrieve more.

I am no longer a practicing Catholic because I've worked behind the scenes any have been disenchanted with entire religion thing. When nuns and priests can beat kids by hitting their knuckles with a ruler, slapping them in the face, and paddling them, you have to wonder why would we follow religious leaders like this?

I found it also hypocritical that some priests used vulgar language as much as truckers. They lived high on the hog, often driving around in Cadillacs, and having people who hold them to high esteem cook extravagant meals for them on a daily basis. We're talking Lobster and Porterhouse steaks! What was sad is, I grew up in the poor neighborhoods surrounding this church and they couldn't afford or even dream of having meals like this.

As far as priest molesting in our parish, I didn't see anything like that. But having said that, their was one priest in our parish that a lot of us alter boys felt was a bit on the feminine side. Their was another priest from another parish that was transferred out for reasons not made public. These religious leaders who are supposed to live a Christ like life are far from it. I knew adults that were not priests that were more Christ like than the priests and nuns I knew. A lot of the priests and nuns were just plain mean and nasty. It's funny when I look back at it, but some of us were terrified of them. We just didn't feel comfortable around them. They would put on a show for our parents and act like this cute caring person, but in actuality a lot of us kids new better.

There came a time where I had to come to grips with my beliefs instead of following a belief that was handed down to me by my parents and their parents. The more I analyzed the bible and how parts of the bible were removed to satisfy the christian teachings, the more I realized religion is being used to manipulate and control us. I still believe in God, but I don't need a priest or religion to tell me how to lead my life. I rely on my inner voice and what I know deep down inside me what is good and what isn't.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
For all you getting your jollies putting down the Catholic Church, your boss is very pleased and wants you to keep up the "good"? work.

Here's a kiss from him for you:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I sympathise with your position. Some things in your church confound and confuse you. The only solution is to read God's Word and pray to Him. I subscribe to the priesthood of all believers, so I can't quite come to grips with your deilemma. I hope for the best for you, however. Remember that there are still many good Catholic saints (I use the word a bit differently...).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
For all you getting your jollies putting down the Catholic Church, your boss is very pleased and wants you to keep up the "good"? work.

Oooh, is the devil my boss? Catholicism, if you buy into any of that religious hocus pocus, is the little horn of Daniel. Catholicism is the whore of babylon. The Pope is the antichrist. At the very least they practice idol worship... So, who's your boss again?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk

Oooh, is the devil my boss? Catholicism, if you buy into any of that religious hocus pocus, is the little horn of Daniel. Catholicism is the whore of babylon. The Pope is the antichrist. At the very least they practice idol worship... So, who's your boss again?

The guy that's taking yours down.
You have nothing better to do than disrespect a major religion, you are a brain-washed bigot.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You have nothing better to do than disrespect a major religion, you are a brain-washed bigot.
I beg to differ. You are the brainwashed victim. My eyes are wide open and I am an independent thinker, not influenced by false fears intended to keep YOU in line. Your religion is a system of control based on lies and misinformation, further extended by mistranslations and misconceptions... But! If I were ever to be weak enough to allow myself to fall for a religion and get sucked in to the fear based agenda of saving my soul (under false pretenses), it for sure wouldn't be under the guise of that gaudy creepy, sinister, and weird church based in the Vatican.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I beg to differ. You are the brainwashed victim. My eyes are wide open and I am an independent thinker, not influenced by false fears intended to keep YOU in line. Your religion is a system of control based on lies and misinformation, further extended by mistranslations and misconceptions... But! If I were ever to be weak enough to allow myself to fall for a religion and get sucked in to the fear based agenda of saving my soul (under false pretenses), it for sure wouldn't be under the guise of that gaudy creepy, sinister, and weird church based in the Vatican.

Beg to differ all you want. People like you who use inflammatory speech are the reason people are incensed enough to kill for their religious beliefs. Spew away, bud, it's your world you and your compadres are tearing down.

Catholicism is the whore of babylon. The Pope is the antichrist. At the very least they practice idol worship.

What goes around comes around, independent thinker.
edit on 3/4/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Do some research... But, that's right, you're bound to willful ignorance, Later

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

I did my shopping around and left the Church in 2006 and came back in 2011. That's alright, I'm sure you know more than me and have every right to tell me what I must believe to be an intellectually open-minded giant like yourself.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Too bad you missed the boat... But, you do seem like a non-judgmental 'good christian' anyway. Lucky, because santa claus gets pissed when you don't believe in him. Have fun in 'heaven'

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Sorry that your post got these responses.

As an ex-Catholic I would say that the priest just starts the transfiguration of the wafer to the Body of Christ, it is up to you to finish it with your belief. Your mind is an important tool. Believe that it is just a wafer, it will be. Believe that you are in communion with the Body of Christ and it will be so.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join