It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is and where does the Imagination come from?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Howdy peeps,

eYe was curious what you all think about the Imagination?

What is it and where does it come from?

Most of us are born with one, although the older and more educated you get, the smaller it gets.

Sew what is the Imagination and where does it come from?

Dew you rely on it or dew you pass it off as being childish?

Lastly, dew you think, if there is such a critter, that God/Source has an Imagination or kNot?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Interesting Question.

I think everybody has the power of imagination. I mean it's 'thinking'. So without that you would be brain dead I guess..

ETA: Regarding God, yes he would have Imagination, since he could not have created something out of a reflex

edit on 28-2-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The nature of the mind itself is imagination. Everything we think and believe is an imagined entity. We imagine that life is like this, that we are like that, that the world is in this condition. However all these things are just temporary and transient conditions without any absolute existence of their own. They will all pass away with time. Because of that, none of them can be called "real" in the sense of being some kind of everlasting condition. Hence, whatever we believe is just an imagination, like a dream, subject to change, decay, death. Furthermore when we wake up from our condition of believing in the dream, all of reality itself will be seen for what it is, and we will no longer believe in our imaginary reality that we have created.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

This was the basis for the entire second semester of my 2nd year Philosophy class..

Basically it's a mixture of I think therefor I am, and you can not think of nothing.

I think of the imagination as a separate reality.

If thought exists, then what you think of exists. Either thoughts are real, and can not contain unreal properties, or they are unreal and don't exist. Can't be real and unreal at the same time.

Kind of like thinking of nothingness... as soon as you think of nothingness, you give nothingness a form (even if that form is the form of a void), so in actuality it is impossible to think of nothing. And if you are always thinking of something, than thought must exist.

It's a weird circle...

I smoked a lot of... nevermind... in college...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think the imagination is the point where the subconscious and conscious mind meet.

2nd line

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The imagination is originally an evolutionary function to help us survive - to help us come up with new and inventive ways to not die.

Much like curiosity, it's our brains' method of innovation; coming up with new ideas to get ahead.

The whole artistic, beautiful side of imagination is just a latent function of this

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can also add that to a mental medium, the imagination seems to be the area of the mind spirit contact comes through for some reason. That is why it is so important to know yourself, so you can tell what is yours and what comes through your imagination process that is spirit.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
The imagination is originally an evolutionary function to help us survive - to help us come up with new and inventive ways to not die.

Much like curiosity, it's our brains' method of innovation; coming up with new ideas to get ahead.

The whole artistic, beautiful side of imagination is just a latent function of this

What if Evolution isn't the correct answer to Life? Then what other possibilities are there for its origins?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Consciousness, the soul, IMHO. this is primarily what defines it, I think, and separates it from a computer and computations. Imagination is based in conceptual thinking, no? It is where creativity would come from. Ever read the short science fiction story called "Frost?" It was about a couple of computers left after the demise of mankind, and one trying to figure out what "art" was and how to "implement" it, computer language for "create." Oh yes, and though we have been unlikely to agree in the past Mr. Toad, I do heartily agree that evolution has little to do with it.

I am not as a rule religious, but this is where the Higher Power/God part of Us comes into play, I think. It is our connection to that--although I am not a believer in the We Are One concept. Although You may all be......
hmmmm........paranoia, anyone?
edit on 28-2-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

OH, haha, I forgot, this is ATS.....

edit on 28-2-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I can also add that to a mental medium, the imagination seems to be the area of the mind spirit contact comes through for some reason. That is why it is so important to know yourself, so you can tell what is yours and what comes through your imagination process that is spirit.

With that, what if your Imagination isn't yours?

Then would kNot everything "your" Imagination cooks up, also kNot be yours?

What if there's more to the Imagination than meets the eYe?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
Consciousness, the soul, IMHO. this is primarily what defines it, I think, and separates it from a computer and computations. Imagination is based in conceptual thinking, no? It is where creativity would come from. Ever read the short science fiction story called "Frost?" It was about a couple of computers left after the demise of mankind, and one trying to figure out what "art" was and how to "implement" it, computer language for "create." Oh yes, and though we have been unlikely to agree in the past Mr. Toad, I do heartily agree that evolution has little to do with it.

I am not as a rule religious, but this is where the Higher Power/God part of Us comes into play, I think. It is our connection to that--although I am not a believer in the We Are One concept. Although You may all be......
hmmmm........paranoia, anyone?

OH, haha, I forgot, this is ATS.....

Evolution is a plant/prop to keep us confused, sew We won't figure out the truth.

As to the "We are One" concept, eYe believe WE IS One, which is a plural singularity, which denotes WE is individual souls with a Collective Consciousness that WE share with our brothers and sisters, and WE's parent of course.

eYe too agree it's our connection to that consciousness where our Imagination comes from, same with our Logic, since your Imagination is where Logic plays out beforehand. There's way too much to both for them to be anything else.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Maybe imagination is where our "source" or "higher self" can have access to our physical body, give us insights or instructions or give us some sort of "cosmic download" every now and then, if we nurture it and let it fly free. Maybe that's why little kids usually have such a wild imagination, they're still new to this physical reality and very open to the "source".

Imagination could as well be defined as "free will", because I think that without it, we'd be living like zombies, doing things automatically, out of instinct and never knowing for sure why we'be be doing it.

Someone adept to the Law of Attraction (like me) could say that imagination is our greatest tool, it's where the building blocks for the things we experience in life are created.
edit on 28/2/2012 by Raven_Heart because: edit to add

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Image in Nation...Long ago there where no borders no nations .The concept would be alein to our ancestors.At one point there were only 600 humans on the entire planet,We were vastly out .numbered by neandrithals..The concept of borders seprate countrys was also inconceiveable to them.We are all decendands of those 600 humans.An over thousands of years our numbers grew,We spread out over Africa Asia Europe.We then thought of land as property for our personal use.Some imagined lines in the earth borders an nations arose.Neandrithals did not image in nations.They were swept away by an evil they could not conceive humanitys inhumanity to those different from themselfs.Then nations went to war over invisible imagined lines on the earth called borders,JOHN LENNON summed it up with his beutifull song IMAGINE.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
Maybe imagination is where our "source" or "higher self" can have access to our physical body, give us insights or instructions or give us some sort of "cosmic download" every now and then, if we nurture it and let it fly free. Maybe that's why little kids usually have such a wild imagination, they're still new to this physical reality and very open to the "source".

Imagination could as well be defined as "free will", because I think that without it, we'd be living like zombies, doing things automatically, out of instinct and never knowing for sure why we'be be doing it.

Someone adept to the Law of Attraction (like me) could say that imagination is our greatest tool, it's where the building blocks for the things we experience in life are created.

Einstein said an Imagination is better than knowledge and eYe agree!

The Imagination is the Source of our Thoughts, our desires, our dreams. Without it, what would there be to live for if you couldn't imagine it first?

Sew then, what is God's/Source's Imagination like? And what could WE the Children of God/Source possibly dew with it?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Jung advocated using our imagination in a proactive way.
He termed this process 'Active imagination'.
A bridge perhaps between our conscious and unconscious contents.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

I kind of agree with this. They say the kingdom of heaven is within. My ideal reality would be one where what I imagine becomes real.

Lucid dreaming is a great way to see the nature of your inner reality. I think a lucid dreamer inevitably becomes a self-made psychologist. Imagination is a big factor in lucid dreaming. In lucid dreaming, imagination alone is the limit of what you experience. In waking reality, it must be that way too.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

I kind of agree with this. They say the kingdom of heaven is within. My ideal reality would be one where what I imagine becomes real.

Lucid dreaming is a great way to see the nature of your inner reality. I think a lucid dreamer inevitably becomes a self-made psychologist. Imagination is a big factor in lucid dreaming. In lucid dreaming, imagination alone is the limit of what you experience. In waking reality, it must be that way too.

What if you are experiencing that perfect reality right now?

What if your reality is exactly what you wanted, but, of course, you don't remember that anymore?

What if????

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

Jung advocated using our imagination in a proactive way.
He termed this process 'Active imagination'.
A bridge perhaps between our conscious and unconscious contents.

But then, what if this thing called Life is actually our (WE's) subconscious, what would happen if you did bridge that gap?

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

To 1 its related to the collective conscious of ALL* universal energies and may be just thought or experiences shared between ALL*

Yes also I feel the CREATOR has imagination.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

To 1 its related to the collective conscious of ALL* universal energies and may be just thought or experiences shared between ALL*

Yes also I feel the CREATOR has imagination.

kNot only an Imagination, but a Humor to boot.

"It ain't over till the fat lady sings."

What if the Fat Lady is God/Source, our Mother? What if the vibrations in All, is Her voice? If that was the case, then She never stops singing!

But look at the humor in the saying. WE the Souls, the true Children of God/Source, are behind that saying, so WE is poking fun at God/Source.

If WE can poke fun at God/Source, that tells me that WE know the truth, that there's nothing better than a Laugh when you have no other appendages.
Could you IMAGINE what it would feel like to be an orb of Pure Energy and have the Giggles?

This Matrix is truly a TragiComedY!

Ribbit

Ps: If you are curious what it would feel like to be an orb of Pure Energy with the giggles, smoke a bowl.

edit on 29-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join