It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Pay $20 Gallon Gas/Petro Instead Of Murdering Iranians. I Want PEACE!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
In that case I would rather just ride my bicycle to promote peace instead of paying $20 a gallon for gas. The more we pay the more money they will make off of us regardless...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Should a country whos leadership has/is currently talking about wiping other countries off the map be allowed to develop nuclear weapons???

Should a country that has a history of using them be permitted to keep them?

In the past 12 months the Americans have dropped bombs on or participated with dropping bombs on at least 8 countries that I'm aware of.

How many countries has Iran bombed in the last 12 months?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
you'd rather get scammed even more?? WTF??

PEOPLE, wake up! (cliche-time!) YOUR CARS DONT NEED GAS. You can use electric cars.

Liar, liar, Chevy Volt on fire.

Eliminating tree hugging environmental wackos would lower gas prices faster than eliminating Iranians.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Everybody in America poops...we are all literally so full of crap yet we are not even extracting 20 percent of all human methane waste...Let's take a dump in solidarity for mother earth...Pass the hummus please

No really I would not pay 20$ for gas. I'd rather walk or refine bio fuel in my backyard for half that.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If a lot of us would just buy older vehicles and install a biomass generator on them they would then lower gasoline prices so fast your head would spin. When you show the gas companies there is a gas movement and we actually don't need them to get from point A to point B then they will rethink their strategies.

We already have the technologies to get off of gas. They would have you believe otherwise.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I rather the u.s bomb Iran and take their resources

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Nope, I have to drive too much in order to make my money(I am a self-employed mobile mechanic and appliance repairman). Most customers are barely willing to pay mileage now. If we get to $20/gallon, many delivery and mobile based businesses will either collapse or be forced to steeply increase their prices. Additionally, grocery prices will go through the roof. So, starve or bomb terrorist supporting Iran? No choice to be made there.

No one has to really pay that much and no one even needs to bomb another person. It is just that some fat pigs are not happy with the money they have and they want more. They just need all this propaganda to get your support in killing humans on some other land.
I even feel bad for the soldiers who are in these wars thinking that they are serving their country while they are actually doing no good to the country and are just making fat pigs fatter.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
For the benefit of the people and environment I hope that gas skyrockets into infinity. That will be the catalyst
to go to alternative and sustainable fuels and energies/tech (makes them much more cost effective and competitive), and end all wars.
No Oil = No War
Cant wait
edit on 21-2-2012 by Lexx790 because: add word

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yawn. Another thread about how terrible and evil America is. If we needed to fight Iran for oil, why are we sending oil we already have to China? Anybody watch OReilly tonight? Oh yah, yall too busy watching those leftist fools on the other fake news channels.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
....Anybody watch OReilly tonight? Oh yah, yall too busy watching those leftist fools on the other fake news channels.

2nd line of uncertainty.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
I wont pay 20$ a gallon

second line

Exactly!!!

I won't be swayed by their profit making tactics of "Market Uncertainty" or fear.

Mark up gasoline and we'll conserve better, drive more wisely, and engineer free or cheaper power technology. But I will not be frightened like a cattle cow about gas prices to justify murdering Iranians.

Peace.

Um, got news for you it is not that simple, unless you buy nothing you will be paying for higher oil prices one way or another. If it was easy to reduce our dependence on oil it would have happened, because the demand for a replacement certainly already exists.

Yes drop in demand would occur if the price skyrocketed, but there is a lot of demand that will not go away, do you think all the stuff that gets shipped will suddenly stop - No it won't unless you want store shelves to be empty. There are many people that have long commutes and no way to get to work other than by car.

Even if you were to personally stop buying all gasoline, the price you pay for food, energy anything made of plastic will go much higher. It does effect everyone and there is no quick fix.

It really isn't oil companies profiteering either, yes in terms of dollars they make healthy profits, but in terms of net margin's they really aren't gouging anyone.

With all that said, I do not want a war with Iran and think war will only increase the cost of oil not reduce it over any time frame.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No war with Iran. Bring the higher gas prices! We will boycot. We will carpool, bicycle, and walk more! We will budget our driving!

No offense, but what world are you living in? The US has had over 9 years to change our habits, yet we don't. Carpool? I want to hear from one ATS member that is carpooling because of the cost of gas. Boycott? Yeah, that worked. Bicycle? So you want American families who have jobs...that they are LUCKY to have, to give up their cars and bike to work? I work in sales, and I can assureyou I can't boycott, or bike to work everyday....nor can I afford to quit my job to get something closer...

What an absolutely asinine comment. Clueless....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ditto man, I hear ya.

I can't stand to see my species slaughter each other anymore. It is so damn animalistic. What is the point of civilization if we can't no matter what level of development we achieve, stop killing each other over BS.

It is a sorry generation of man we belong to. We really have a long way to go before we are worthy of anything more than mortality and suffering. Our leaders have failed us for far too long and in far too many ways.

The common man is ready for the next step in our evolution. They are not. They are the dead weight that keeps us as a species stuck in a phase of development 300 years old now. Their ancestors wanted to rule the world, and they are so dumb they think that it would be a good idea.

They take their marching orders from men that died hundreds of years ago and had the vision of a south American dictator today. Conquer and subject. They can't even imagine the levels of prosperity we are capable of.

Their focus is on developing new technologies to kill our own species. They can't even imagine what we are capable of because they have not tried. They are like monkeys from a historical perspective.

More dumbass conquerors that set their people back in the name of a few comforts and bragging rights.

They speak of a world government like they do it FOR mankind and its progress. They don't realize that if they stop acting like a bunch of savage barbarians, destroying sovereign nations for a little profit, we would be a world of Titans. We are instead, monkey men. ALL of us, our leaders included.

I don't know what else to say.....they really lack vision. I don't know if you can learn that at expensive schools or amongst important people, but we all seem to get it when we see a species go extinct when it cannot adapt.

The world is too small and too powerful to try and rule it all. They would ruin it. I know this has been taught a thousand times over in many schools. Why they missed the message, I don't know.

But hey, keep us fighting wars for your bank accounts and your comic book style aspirations of world conquest,
we don't need to evolve to our next glorious stage in development. You like being a complicated monkey don't you........I don't.

edit on 22-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Speak for yourself I will not pay $20.00. You can have your own opinion but if your opinion effects others look out. $20 you can jam that

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You should be crazy to pay that much for a gallon.. but what to think of the price of the fuel in your country, it is kinda cheap. We in the Netherlands had pay so much tax on fuel. Let see that 1 litre cost €0,35 with tax and other costs that is €1,75 and I do not have a car, so it can be much higher now. But it has nothing to do with oil, there is a complete other reason:

Rothschilds Want Iran’s Banks

February 10, 2012 by Pete Papaherakles

Could gaining control of the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran (CBI) be one of the main reasons that Iran is being targeted by Western and Israeli powers? As tensions are building up for an unthinkable war with Iran, it is worth exploring Iran’s banking system compared to its U.S., British and Israeli counterparts.

Some researchers are pointing out that Iran is one of only three countries left in the world whose central bank is not under Rothschild control. Before 9-11 there were reportedly seven: Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Libya, Cuba, North Korea and Iran. By 2003, however, Afghanistan and Iraq were swallowed up by the Rothschild octopus, and by 2011 Sudan and Libya were also gone. In Libya, a Rothschild bank was established in Benghazi while the country was still at war.

Islam forbids the charging of interest, a major problem for the Rothschild banking system. Until a few hundred years ago, charging interest was also forbidden in the Christian world and was even punishable by death. It was considered exploitation and enslavement.

Since the Rothschilds took over the Bank of England around 1815, they have been expanding their banking control over all the countries of the world. Their method has been to get a country’s corrupt politicians to accept massive loans, which they can never repay, and thus go into debt to the Rothschild banking powers. If a leader refuses to accept the loan, he is oftentimes either ousted or assassinated. And if that fails, invasions can follow, and a Rothschild usury-based bank is established.

The Rothschilds exert powerful influence over the world’s major news agencies. By repetition, the masses are duped into believing horror stories about evil villains. The Rothschilds control the Bank of England, the Federal Reserve, the European Central Bank, the IMF, the World Bank and the Bank of International Settlements. Also they own most of the gold in the world as well as the London Gold Exchange, which sets the price of gold every day. It is said the family owns over half the wealth of the planet—estimated by Credit Suisse to be $231 trillion—and is controlled by Evelyn Rothschild, the current head of the family.

Objective researchers contend that Iran is not being demonized because they are a nuclear threat, just as the Taliban, Iraq’s Saddam Hussein and Libya’s Muammar Qadaffi were not a threat.

What then is the real reason? Is it the trillions to be made in oil profits, or the trillions in war profits? Is it to bankrupt the U.S. economy, or is it to start World War III? Is it to destroy Israel’s enemies, or to destroy the Iranian central bank so that no one is left to defy Rothschild’s money racket?

It might be any one of those reasons or, worse—it might be all of them.
——
Pete Papaherakles, a U.S. citizen since 1986, was born in Greece. He is AFP’s outreach director. If you would like to see AFP speakers at your rally, contact Pete at 202-544-5977.

Source

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I don't want another war either. It just seems that Iran could turn into a modern day nightmare if left alone. If they are using nuclear energy for peaceful purposes they they would gladly show the UN and IAEA so. But alas thy would rather hide it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Sahabi

Speak for yourself I will not pay $20.00. You can have your own opinion but if your opinion effects others look out. $20 you can jam that

Let me guess ... no blood on your hands what so ever, is there?

Absolute disconnect from any involvement or responsibility for the death of others while in their own house, right?

Pay $20.00 a gallon for gas? Not you, no no no .... no matter what the death toll or how much of your taxes is spent on killing other people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, Egypt, Pakistan, Yemen, Barhain, Kuwait, Oman, Syria, ..... Iran? ....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I only read the OP so I don't know if it's been covered but the only reason gas prices would go up would be because of speculation and feeding on the fears of the masses. The US gets relatively little oil from the middle east. I'd guess the same for most "Western" countries.

Edit: I don't know how accurate that list is currently, but I can't imagine even if it were a few years old that it would be all that inaccurate.
edit on 2/22/12 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

Should a country whos leadership has/is currently talking about wiping other countries off the map be allowed to develop nuclear weapons???

Should a country whose leadership actually acts on those threats be allowed to tell any other country in the world what they can and cannot do?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Your barking up the wrong tree in my opinion and preaching to the choir. What you need to do is get that through our military members heads and convince them to stop taking orders and refuse to go to war anytime in the near future. They are the true representatives of we the people, and their lack in listening to the people should not be taken lightly. Whats the big bad government gonna do throw them all in the brig?!!! People claim anon and all those other groups are going to change things, in my opinion the real change needs to start with the people I just named. They are really the ones who control if we go to war believe it or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join