It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't the dying excused from caring about race.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Is it unreasonable to expect people with serious or fatal conditions to care about racism? I think this would also be unreasonable for their families too. Why is it that racism gets more press than the dying? People dying can get labelled racist for not caring about minorities, I think this is based upon race being classed as more important than illness. If there was one society per country for bigotry then things would be different, but the ill are not very able st getting attention: the dying are not going to spend there last days worrying about publicity.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Perhaps if you explained the reason behind your post, it might be more comprehensible. Because right now, I have no idea what you are talking about. Just a friendly suggestion...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Everybody is dying. For some, it will just come sooner, than it will for others.

Everybody has to die. Nobody has to be racist.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Um, whether one is dying or not, racism is wrong. I don't expect I will change my views on the issue just because someday I will be lying on my deathbed. I won't suddenly start casting aspersions upon blacks and Asians just because I'm not feeling well.

Are you trying to say that people who are racists should be excused from their life-long efforts to hide their racism when they are dying? That's what it sounds like to me.

People who aren't racists aren't just hiding negative feelings they have from the world to be polite. People who aren't racists don't have those feelings to begin with, so there should be no reason for them to start changing their attitude about these things when they are eventually going to be dying.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think someone who is dying has bigger concerns than racism. Like his life. Just sayin.
edit on 13-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
To be honest, if I was dying, I wouldnt care if the person looking after me, was a different colour, creed, gender, race, sexuality, religion or from outer space as long as I was Cared for to the best of their abilities.

I sometimes nurse Palliative Care patients and one thing I can definately say is, it is not a good thing to die alone.
edit on 13/2/12 by Wotan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It is really rather simple, a person dying could be considered racist if not interested in anti-racism: this is not racist just disinterested. However someone of a minority race is accepted as a matter of course if disinterested even bigoted against the fatally or extremely ill. Why is the idea of bigotry against an able bodied healthy person, taking presitence over a seriously ill/dying person? Not a racist point of view as I can see, just a matter of importance: which comes first the ill/dying or race? Surely a ill/dying person would find it nigh on impossible to care about the supposed problems or a perfectly well person. Does anyone here actually expect a dying person to care about if their lives are happy and fulfilled. You have to deal with this your selves, as we all do. So I say it again which is first in order of importance illness or race? Which group should be helped ill people/ even the fatally ill, or people of minority races? Sometimes in life you must prioritize..
edit on 13-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Speaking as a nurse, race does not even enter into the equation, the ill or dying comes before all else. I couldnt care less what race you are.

Just to add further complication to your post, I work as a nurse in a prison, caring for the sick as well the dying and I work mostly with Peodophiles and Rapists, so how does that figure with your thinking?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am white and have been racially abused, I applied to get a job with one of those Anti Racist places, as I heard the pay was good, didn't even get an interview once they saw my whiteness

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
I am white and have been racially abused, I applied to get a job with one of those Anti Racist places, as I heard the pay was good, didn't even get an interview once they saw my whiteness

How do you know it was your "whiteness"?

Maybe they just plain didn't like you and didn't want you working there.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Originally posted by blueorder

How do you know it was your "whiteness"?

Maybe they just plain didn't like you and didn't want you working there.

They disliked me as soon as I walked in the door? Really, before I even opened my mouth, really?

Believe me sunshine, it was my whiteness

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Believe me sunshine,

If you're the type that calls people "sunshine" condescendingly, I wouldn't hire you either.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Believe me sunshine,

If you're the type that calls people "sunshine" condescendingly, I wouldn't hire you either.

I don't, the writing was on the wall before I opened my mouth, you don't appear to read, I wouldn't like you hiring people as you don't appear to listen to your fellow man, walk a mile in someone else's shoes and stop thinking you know other people's lives

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Oh I read what you said.

You also didn't say if you know if they'd already filled the position yet. Maybe they needed nobody anymore.

You also didn't say how you dressed, how you present yourself.

From how you presented yourself to me verbally, no, I wouldn't hire you.

Not everything is racism if you can't seem to get hired you know.
edit on 2/13/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Would it be ok for a dying person to murder? What about stealing? What about spitting in an old lady's face? What about running around nude?

Your entire argument is so silly, and simply a way to mainstream racism (my guess is you are racist), I'm not sure whether you're joking or not

PS: As someone who's heart stopped twice (ergo almost died), and on top of that survived a near drowning incident, I have to say that if you're dying and concerned about what race someone else has...well...you probably should die because you're obviously so bitter and spiteful, you have nothing to live for.
edit on 13-2-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
People will remain racist until they ban all coloring books.
Racism begins as a child when,
you can make your favorite people what ever color you want.
And the scary people (Stranger Danger) any color you want.
Anyway you get the point.

I am off to white house site
to down load my favorite color book,
its war,
red against blue coloring book.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Would it be okay for a dying person to run around nude. Sounds okay by me so long as they look good

How about reversing this, if a person was of a minority race would it be acceptable for them not to care about the dying? If there were 2 people, one who was a racial minority who was bigoted against the ill/dying, and another who was ill/dying who hated minorities who would be worse? To me the ill person ISN'T THE WORST AS THERE PREDICAMENT SHOULD EXCUSE THEM FROM BEING INTOLERANT TO OTHERS.( WHO HASN'T BEEN INTOLERANT WHEN IN PAIN....)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

How about reversing this, if a person was of a minority race would it be acceptable for them not to care about the dying?

Up to every individual to decide whether or not they care about dying or not. People not caring are in the minority by the way...but I really don't get what point you're trying to make with the above quote.

If there were 2 people, one who was a racial minority who was bigoted against the ill/dying, and another who was ill/dying who hated minorities who would be worse?

Both are bad...racists are the scum of the earth, and people cheering when others die are clearly not any better.

Again...what's your point?

To me the ill person ISN'T THE WORST AS THERE PREDICAMENT SHOULD EXCUSE THEM FROM BEING INTOLERANT TO OTHERS.( WHO HASN'T BEEN INTOLERANT WHEN IN PAIN....)

How on earth does this justify racism? It does if he's mentally ill and crazy...sure. But simply being ill doesn't mean you can suddenly turn into a moronic racist and expect people to be ok with it.

Either way, I really don't get the point you're trying to make. Are you seriously trying to come up with an excuse that makes it ok to be a racist?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Does it not seem more moral that a person with no illness has more energy and should care about illness/dying; whereas an ill/dying person has other things to think about. For this to not be the case it would seem that dying is no bigger a disadvantage than being a minority race.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Also above top secret removed a thread because they said it was the same. Would you say that the thread :if race does not exist why do policies exist to fight racism: the same subject. SEE LINK BELOW.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join