It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This one is for THE METAL HEADS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No surprise. I thought this was a publicity stunt to start with. The last time BS was going to get together Ward started but was too old to maintain the pace. He's a drummer man. Few can do that in their 60's. Hell, few of those drummers are still alive.

On a lighter note it seems Queen finally found a singer to fill in for Freddie, Adam Lambert. You can't replace Freddie:

He's the darker haired one that can actually sing.
edit on 7-2-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Too many bands and songs to list but I hope Bill pulls his snip together and does this reunion cause it'd be a damn shame otherwise.

I mean, I bought my Download 2012 tickets in December purely based on the fact Metallica are playing the entire Black Album plus the Sabbath reunion.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I mean, I bought my Download 2012 tickets in December purely based on the fact Metallica are playing the entire Black Album...

You said that like it was a good thing. Ride the Lightning I can understand.

...plus the Sabbath reunion.

I totally get it but I don't think Bill can do this anymore. This WAS 40 years ago.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

lol

Well come on, I missed the 2006 festival when they played the entire Master Of Puppets album and this is the first time since then that they've played an entire album live. Plus I saw 3 out of 4 members live in 2004 when Lars wasn't there and he was replaced by Joey Jordison and Dave Lombardo so I never really counted it as seeing Metallica live without all four members.

The Sabbath thing....even if Bill can't play, at least it's the original line up playing live. Plus my dad took me to see them at the NEC Arena in 97 so I thought this time I'd take him to see them live.
edit on 7/2/2012 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks to their initiative at the RIAA developing the business model of suing their customers.....Metalica Suks. They are the reason for the DMCA....which has affected a LOT more than music....digital freedom itself.

Ozzy
Dio
Judas Priest
Twisted Sister
Alice Cooper
AC/DC
Iron Maiden............
AWESOME!!

Metalica......bite my a**

Metallica = the reason I quit buying CD's

Nazareth has this song called.....Don't JUDAS Me.....wow, how fitting.......Metallica and the RIAA can rot for all I care.

(treat me as you'd like to be treated!!)
edit on 7-2-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

slayer,dbc,mozart,dead kennedys,floyd, so many to post! just good music!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Quoop

seen tool live and it was amazing! floyd was better though! both wicked bands!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

i've been listening to alice cooper for 30 years!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

See that's weird cause I supported Metallica troughout the Napster furore, still think they were right and still prefer CDs over digital (most of my iTunes song library is from CDs I own, the rest are songs I grabbed from generous friends who sent me what I wanted)

Never owned an iPod or any other mp3 player nor do I own a smart phone or any other that does more than make and receive calls and texts.

I'm old school like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Go to Livemetallica.com That's part of Metallica.com.

They have 23 1/2 concerts spanning 3 decades of time where you can download their music for FREE. There are also others you can buy. I'm really tired of people hating on Metallica because they wanted their fans to PAY for their music, and not steal it.

They have promoted for years people bringing their own equipment to their concerts to record the shows. So stop hating on them just cause they want you to actually buy their music.

But I digress...this is thread is about who you like. Not who you don't.
And I tend to like this:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

As soon as they repeal the DMCA I'll consider giving them another chance.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Rob Zombie is a great artist as well. Everyone needs more metal on their ipods.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I recently saw and met Black Dahlia Murder at a gig in my home town. Might be a bit too much like noise to you old 'fuddy duddies'

I grew up with bands like ZZ Top, Megadeth, Metallica, but now in my mid-twenties, I've seen and met a great deal of metal artists, who will one day be considered to be classic artists in the way that Dio, Sabbath and The Rolling Stones are now.
If I had to list a few select current favourites they'd be:
Deftones, Alexisonfire, Pantera (though more Thrash perhaps?)
I have to admit though, if someone was to look through my iTunes playlist, I'd be a bit embarrassed by what you might find lol.
No Hannah Montana or Taylor Swift, but Disney songs, folk rock, classical music wouldn't swing with some of my more hardened metal head friends XD

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I listin to nights with Alice Cooper all the time while I work.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I saw Dio with the Metal Masters tour, man that guy could sing, he sounded amazing RIP. I started with Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth and from there went on to some more less known thrash (Kreator, Testament, Dark Angel) and from that moved on to all of the sub-genres such as Death Metal, Folk Metal, Black Metal. I'm kinda on a Brutal Death Metal kick right now lol its hard to pick a certain band or bands i just love metal in general

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
I recently saw and met Black Dahlia Murder at a gig in my home town. Might be a bit too much like noise to you old 'fuddy duddies'

Who you calling "fuddy duddy" Junior? I've been listening to metal for almost 40 years. I've heard it ALL. Here's a relatively new Canadian band, Protest The Hero:

Pretty solid.

edit on 8-2-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

As soon as they repeal the DMCA I'll consider giving them another chance.

Why though?

Metallica have welcomed fans bootlegging their stuff since 1983 as webpirate said. They're proud of the fact that they got signed because people traded their demo tape by recording and re-recording it and passing it to friends. Their "Cliff 'Em All" video from the late 80s consisted of concert footage and home movies of them from the early days up until the Master Of Puppets tour shot by the band themselves as well as fans who sent in their tapes to be used on the video.

They love people swapping their tracks but again, they hate when new albums are stolen and leaked online before official release.

I honestly think the majority if not all people who complain about Metallica and hate them because of the illegal filesharing thing are either trying to look cool with the "i want free stuff or nothing at all" crowd or are too stupid for their own good and don't understand what Metallica and others are against.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

lol

Well man, I'm a true born and bred metalhead but I have classical music, ska and 80s pop on my music library so....

Besides, Cliff Burton (RIP) listened to a lot of classical music and made the rest of Metallica turn off their Motorhead records so he could listen to Bach and Wagner. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Exactly! A song was leaked and started getting radio airplay before it was released. I'd be upset too. It wasn't just places like Napster though, there were other sites that were charging "admission"...or a fee for their service. To share files. Completely cutting the artist and the music industry out of the loop. Metallica was in the right in my opinion.
Another problem was this was after the Load and ReLoad albums. Those albums weren't well received, even though I liked them. People were already "hating" on them for supposedly selling out. All they did was experiment some with their music, and cut their hair.

But you're right too about the free or nothing thing too I think. Anything to complaint about. But Metallica always gets the blame for the entire thing for some odd reason. Its sad, but true.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

That's why I always prefer to show loyalty to a band by purchasing their physical CDs even if it's more expensive than digital downloads.

Plus Metallica's argument was "we're rich, we have this much money because of the fans but with people illegally sharing music for free, that stops young bands that are unsigned from getting money they deserve to reach our level".

So people bitched and complained about Metallica and their "boo hoo, I want my new mansion" stuff when they never actually said that anyway, they were looking out for unsigned artists who desperately need to be paid through every song downloaded just to make a living as a musician.

I haven't got the equipment yet but I have songs 12 years old waiting for me to get it and record them. Once I've done that and released it, I want people to buy my music online either through iTunes or a store I'd set up on a website and then profits will go towards upgrading my recording equipment as well as food and paying bills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join