It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This one is for THE METAL HEADS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So a while back Black Sabbath announced that they were reuniting the original band members to write and record an album for the first time in 33 years. I was stoked as I am sure many others were as well. Then last week Bill Ward pulls out because he says they dont want to pay him enough. Is it just me or is that a crappy way to be? I mean yeah I understand that you got to get paid for what you do and that is all well and good but you dont hear any of the other bandmates complaining about money issues. Even Tommy Iommi who is fighting cancer and NEEDS the money isnt complaining. I believe Ward owes it to the fans of the band that have put the money in his pocket all these years to join with the others and make this happen. I mean whats wrong with giving a little back to the fans?

So since we are talking metal I would like to know what are some other members favorite bands or even songs?
I am also a big fan of Ronnie James Dio(R.I.P) AC/DC KISS Metallica Judas priest and such. so what bout the rest of ya?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
exciter...violence and force!!!

saxon...princess of the night.

ozzy...over the mountain.

ac/dc...shot down in flames.

judas priest...love bites.

edit on 7-2-2012 by mandroids because: added

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I started with DIO, Metallica, Sepultura, Helloween, Stratovarius..
Still love those bands but lately I have been listening bands like: All that remains, Killswitch engage, Five finger deathpunch, Soilwork, Scar symmetry.. and there are lots of good bands nowdays, the list goes on forever really

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I kinda found metal a little late but when I did I never looked back. DIO has the most powerful uniqe voice ever

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
That's Ronne James Dio, to you Mr!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

seriously,do you really want to see a bunch of 60+ year olds trying to play spiral architech!
don't get me wrong,i love old sabbath,but...
ozzy needs a teleprompter to read the lyrics!!!
look at the stones,aren't they pretty!(pretty damn old!)

they have enough money,sit back and enjoy life. they looked bad on live aid,and that was how long ago?
i think the only band that can pull something like this off would be pink floyd. they are immortal!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Tool! Lateralus is my fave album. Baptized in Blood is an amazing band, good party metal. Maylene and the sons of disaster is a new band I've been listening to as of late. The showdown is great.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
black sabbath - symptom of the universe/hole in the sky/spiral architect/sabbath bloody sabbath/killing yourself to live/hard road and paranoid ... lol so hard to choose but these songs i need in my life haha \m/

megadeth-peace sells / sweating bullets

pantera-cowboys from hell

motorhead-born to raise hell/hell raiser

lol could go on all day ma man!! but got band practice, download festival gonna rock this year with sab

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Snub

www.youtube.com...

Because I used to be in this band

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Trivium, In Flames, The Color Morale, Darkest Hour, Dead and Divine, FFDP, Children of Bodom....I could just go through my whole Ipod but that might take all day XD

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I would see Ozzy again... saw him 11 years ago and the show was amazing. It was Ozzfest and he out did his much younger counterparts by a long shot.

Old favorites: Ozzy, Metallica, Zombie (Rob or White), Slipknot, Tool, Deftones...

New favorites: Flyleaf, Skillet, Five Finger Death Punch...

I need more metal on my ipod

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
That's Ronne James Dio, to you Mr!

Or KING Dio

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

It's not about seein them, they are not going to tour (hadnt said it anyway ) its about hearing a new album by the Originals. but heck you got Ozzy n thats the most important.

so any other favorite bands?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Bill Ward is not a young man. He doesn't owe anybody anything. I would also say that there is probably more to this than meets the eye, as usual. He probably is only getting a fraction of the profits compared to Ozzy. I say fair play to Bill for standing up for himself, this whole thing is more about making a tonne of cash than anything else, and history has shown that Osbourne and Iommi have no hesitation in taking all the credit and profit.

The Guardian
edit on 7-2-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
King Diamond - Abigail (named my daughter after this album)
Metallica - love the older songs like Dyers Eve and Battery
Tool and anything by Maynard - ATS themsong should be Counting bodies like sheep
Dimmu Borgir - I love the Orchestral metal thing going on their.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I had not heard Ward had pulled out of it. I hate that. They aren't Black Sabbath without the Band. It's like David Gilmour, Roger Water and Nick Mason getting back together as Pink Floyd.....sorry....it's not really Floyd without Rick Wright.

Yes....either would still have good music, and make huge money on a tour. It's the principal of the matter IMO.

Anyways...back on topic....one of the truly nicest guys in rock/metal or any music for that matter. RJD. I met him once....ran into him at the mall one day. I wasn't the retarded fan type even then. But he was really really nice. And we talked for a while. It's a shame we lost him.

New Metallica here...with "friends!"

Another with Jason AND Dave

Or how about Metallica with Ozzy and Geezer!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm obviously a Metallica fan...but I really like the fact that lately they have played a lot with both Jason and Dave. If only they could play with Cliff again too....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm also a big Iron Maiden fan. Have been for many years. I actually just found this clip just now. Since so many people are putting Dio on their list of Metal favorites! This is Bruce Dickinson paying tribute to RJD just a couple of months after his death. Bruce says what I have also said both here and on the DIO thread I made when I learned of his death...."even though he sang a lot of songs about the devil, there wasn't a bad bone in his body."

edit on 7-2-2012 by webpirate because: spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This never gets old.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

bill is in it only for the cash sad but true,ozzy rocks been listing to black sabbath for a long time since they were named earth early 60s,rip DIO best voice in metal a good replacement when ozzy got sacked(heaven and hell)best album.udo dirkschnider (Accept) klaus meine (scorpions)2nd best vocalists in the world,(metal god)rob halford-judas priest the best live show i have ever seen,,dave mustaines megadeth best guitarist ive seen that bloke blows me away and one of the best performances iv seen
holy wars-hanger18...megadeth
balls to the wall- fast as a shark...accept
holy diver-dont talk to strangers...dio
blackout-another piece of meat...scorpions
war pigs-sabbath bloody sabbath...BLACK SABBATH....................

METAL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join