It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Press Room open mic: "See This Room? Two-Thirds Of Us Laid-Off When Ron Paul Is President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Just another example of why ron is marginalized by these corporate presstitutes, their gravy train is on the line.Disgusting reporters, proftting from war and murder, more concerned about their jobs than the deaths of so many.

Mainstream media confirmed for biased against Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Will Ron Paul axe a few jobs.
Certainly.
Will he axe all the jobs he wants?
NO.

There will be push back. And some of the jobs will stay.

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well....he is kinda right in a way.

The other 1/3 are real reporters who are there to report on the facts.

The 2/3 he speaks of are sensationalistic journalists who rely on gossip and spin to draw a paycheck.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ron Paul would actually fix America. The rest promise nothing more than same ole thing that is kil
ling us.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I hear you...I really do.

But in all fairness to people with jobs [such as myself], wouldn't you be concerned if your job security was threatened? Since you know how other people should think and talk, should these people be standing around, telling their colleagues that they're so glad they might lose their jobs, their homes, their benefits, their cars...their family's well-being?

Be realistic. Don't be so quick to judge.

Speaking of realism, Ron Paul may be the most impressive politician I have ever seen. He's consistent, principled, brave, and actually seems like a kind man.

Which means he will never win.

Sad, really.

God help America.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I saw this on the Daily Paul earlier, good stuff.

Is anyone able to make out the rest of the conversation? I just caught the snatches about Paul becoming president, the layoff, something about since before Obama was born, and the two wars...

link   
reply to post by Xeven

What makes you so sure?

What makes anyone so sure?

Obama promised the same things and look what happened.

+13 more 
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I like his optimism when he says, "....laid off, WHEN Ron Paul IS president..."

Let's hope.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Yes I agree. I am not judging them, especially in this economy, altrough I think a real journalist should always put truth and objectivity before job security. I am merely pointing that they have a very good reason (at least they think so) to not report objectively about Ron (even without needing to invoke conspiracy theories about NWO-controlled media).
edit on 5/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul can't fix America. America is run by the judicial and the legislative branches, too. Don't expect a lot out of him. He's able to fight for his programs, but there comes a time when stalemate does not work for the American people. Look at California. Legislative gridlock is the norm whenever there are strong opinions on either side of the fence. The best Ron Paul can hope to do is nudge the great ship America slightly toward a more Constitutional existence. That is all we can hope for, and that would be remarkable.

For those who will vote for the others, expect more of the same.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

I hear you...I really do.

But in all fairness to people with jobs [such as myself], wouldn't you be concerned if your job security was threatened?

I have a government job, and if it were in danger of being cut (for the right reasons) I would be THRILLED!!

There is so much waste in government employment. I happen to earn my salary, but many people don't. The Governor of Florida cut about 4,000 jobs last year, and it barely made a dent in the waste. I could probably cut 30% of the State workforce and never miss a beat. In some departments, there are not enough workers, and they hardly even touch the workload that the public expects, while in other departments the workers have nothing to do for days, and weeks at a time.

So, if someone with a real grasp on the situation, and a real solution to the government problems stepped up and decided to fix it, and I was unfortunate enough to be one of the one's cut, I would still be THRILLED at the prospect of fixing the problems.

Of course, I support Ron Paul, so take my opinion for whatever it is worth.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The press will tell you the truth only when they think you're not listening.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Have faith, Jim - that's not ALL we can hope for:

The president can order the troops home and effectively end our stupid foreign policy (as far as the military is concerned) by himself.

He can revoke unconstitutional prior executive orders.

He can pardon non-violent victims incarcerated by our "war on drugs".

He can use the bully pulpit of the presidency to share truth with the people, and teach them what they need to pressure their representatives to change.

He can veto oppressive and stupid legislation, not OK further extensions of the PATRIOT Act, and so forth...

...and he can address a few other things we sorely need at this point. We need a president with the right ideas on THESE issues that lie firmly within his authority. The rest is gravy.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

The government controlled press will never speak the truth. Which is why most ham brains still think Oswald killed JFK! The press will not reveal truth because it goes against those that can have them jobless and in the streets.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Everyone in that room should be laid off. They are all doing a great injustice to America. The thing about the white house press room is that it is invite only. That means that if you ask the wrong question you simply are not invited back. They learn their roles quickly. They ask the question the administration wants them to ask. They are puppets. We need to abolish this system and allow for free press to get in there.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not about kicking people to the streets. Under the austrian philosophy he believes in the private market would increase at a rate to hire all those reporters, but at the efficiency and skill they are capable of. Some might not be as highly paid but they will get what they are willing to produce. Bottom line is a paul presidency will have so few federal regulations that people could actually start a business without having to worry about if it is legal within the "code" that always changes and is designed to prevent competing businesss. For starters, competing currency and banking.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The sad thing is that these people would not be earning their money by lying, manipulating, corrupting and misrepresenting the truth were it not for the support of the masses.

Even after hundreds of instances of proven corruption and propaganda, lies and collusion with government, people STILL tune in and trust what these shills tell them!
Even when some station like Fox publicly and unashamedly insults their audience and calls them idiot sheep, people STILL tune in (perhaps proving them right?)

When the Murdoch corporation is outed as a truly disgusting and incredibly corrupting force people STILL pay attention and actually trust what they say!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They weren't referring to the media, but were referring to the US Dept of Defense!

Besides, We The People are the media!
edit on 5-1-2012 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Ron Paul can't fix America. America is run by the judicial and the legislative branches, too. Don't expect a lot out of him.

Prior to the current Administration, I would have stood next to you and agreed with all my American values. Now? Well... Don't tell that to the current White House Occupant. It would seem running around or OVER Congress is the local pastime at 1600 Penn these days. The Supreme Court? Well, I think Obama put them down pretty hard when he all but called the Corporate Toadies while they were seated right there at his State of the Union Speech.

If one President can trample Congress and the Courts to get things done, regardless of legality or propriety, I'll give Paul some credit for getting more done that we might first think. Let's get the man there and see what happens. He sure won't make things any worse.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
"See This Room? Two-Thirds Of Us Laid-Off When Ron Paul Is President"

how can we confirm what man actualy said those words?

who does he work for? fox? cnn?
edit on 1/6/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join