It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of the group ''Anonymous'' before?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
be aesy man.....its ok not to know something....there is alot of stuff we have no idea about....thats why we are here....this is exactly the place to ask these questions.....but I would recomend using the search function man...I mean that with no disrespect...it just saves you the howling of the little animals with clothing that feel special when they think they know something others dont.....its ok.....

I still cant even make a decent thread without F-ing it all up like 40 times before its OK.....and I have lurked here for a long time....I actually forgot how to even change my avatar....dont care dont tell me....I have facebook and I dont even like to use it sooooo.....yeah......just learn stuff....thats the reason we are all here

you are golden.....I hope this thread hasnt pissed you off....some of the responses are actually really DUMB.....this guy is new....help him or ignore him.....dont be a bunch of jerks....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
video i posted in the other thread:

and a thread about the upcoming op
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

January 3rd, operation blackout

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

don't mind the simpletons who would ridicule you if, indeed, you haven't heard of them.

ATS is full of group-thinkers who love to ridicule to make themselves feel more important.

The fact is, most people have indeed heard of Anonymous. The reality is Anonymous hasn't really done much with that popularity aside from making a few idle threats here & there.

I love their youtube videos, but if they're as big and powerful as most claim, i'd love to see some REAL action.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

anonymous are just a tiny part of the global revolution. If you want to see "REAL action" you only have to look at Egypt,Libya,Syria and now Russia. Is that not "REAL action"? They are one and the same, people standing up and fighting back against the corrupt governments who have destroyed their countries and controlled their people, made them live in poverty while they grow richer by the second.

Do not sit back and wait for Anonymous to free you, you have to free yourself and combine with others to make a difference. Anonymous are simply going down a path, and people need to follow us down that path, the same path that the people of Egypt,Syria,Libya and Russia are going down, the path to freedom and taking back control of our land from the people who have gotten insanely rich by sucking the life and soul out of their people and the land around them, leaving their country in turmoil and on the verge of bankruptcy.

How long will citizens let these people destroy everything before you all stand up and say "no more", the only way to get our freedom back is to take it back.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Another thing, we are not a group there is no "membership" for we do not officially exist. Wikipedia got it all wrong meh well most of it. Many of ATS members and people abroad struggle to understand the simplicity of "anonymity" and why we do what we do, how, who and where and when. Encyclopedia Dramatica "ran by some anons and /b/ tards" defines the true definition of Anon. /b/tard ebaum Oldf@g here. However Anonymous is constantly evolving. Some are activists/protester "moral f@#s" some are Haxors some are just in it for the lulz. I am a little of all these things. I helped take part in defacing and trolling SOHH and a few web sites as well as other ops "when my skillz are required" that I am not at liberty to say. They did not expect us. We highly value our haxors but i do not consider myself a haxor by trade.

My hatred for the scam/cult called the church of Scientology and lust for random pranks off the wall dark humor trolling and posting offensive material is what allured in to the internet hate machine. As well as my even deeper hatred for the "system" as have been pro active on many front since the early days. I guess in short I am a born rebel without a cause i just pick one and go with it hence Anonymous is the catalyst. Chaos and disorder is my cup of joe. If you can relate then you may be one of us. We are legion. Thanks for showing interest and bringing us attention hope this helps.

Ask me why I wear a mask

encyclopediadramatica.ch...
edit on 29-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You will have to forgive the onslaught you are receiving. Anonymous is sort of a big deal.

I will help you. Here is a brief history:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Good to see people learn something new here everyday. Anonymous is a hack-tivist group with an agenda of fighting the oppressive tyranny of the powers that be. The Bankers, The Governments and Illegal arms of government in an effort to let them know that the people are not without power or weapons or ways to fight back. If you watch V for Vendetta it will give you a better idea of who they are and what they stand for.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

I would love to see it turn in to a super thread too. Will be a good source of information.
I tried the link that a member put up saying it was the Anon website but I'm nearly sure it wasn't. It only had text so for those of you that don't have a Tor web browser I could put up what the website said? Just say yes you would like to see it and i will get it done
I found some of it quite funny actually.

Add: Thanks to all the people that have responded decently

edit on 29-12-2011 by curiousrb because: Add:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

If there's no group or membership then how can there be a name? A name for something that doesn't exist? You also say ''Another thing, we are not a group there is no''. You mention the term ''we''. Doesn't that imply you are talking about a group? Who's we? Is it the supporters? The hackers? Again ''Many of ATS members and people abroad struggle to understand the simplicity of "anonymity" and why we do what we do, how, who and where and when'' - You mention ''we'' like you are talking about a whole group. ''we do what we do''. - That is basically saying ''We ,anonymous, do what we do''. You are making it sound like there are members belonging to the ''We''.

If you are not a member yourself then you must be a supporter right? But a supporter of what? There is no group so who/what do you support? The actions of anonymous? Well there is no anonymous so how can you support a groups actions when there is no such group?

I guess in basic view what I'm asking is. When you refer to ''we'' who do you mean? Your group? There is none?

''We are not a group'' Sounds a bit contradicting.
edit on 30-12-2011 by curiousrb because: last line

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Problem is .. Anoymous may just be in bigger trouble than they think. Very few arrest have been made.

Government has said very little on them.

I think Anoymous is about to get a Wakeup call with mass arrest. If they arnt arrested , then they are most likely affiliated with the Government in some way.

We had a 3 guys hack sensitive security files at a certain base before. They used 100s of jumper networks (Screens - other people's IPs / Networks / MAC addresses and so forth internet idenitiy so to speak) and was in custody within 12 hours.

I just think Anom is in for more than they bargained for sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

If there's no group or membership then how can there be a name?
Easy. It is what it is.

A name for something that doesn't exist?
We have lots of names for things that don't exist. That's actually fairly common, if you think about it.

You also say ''Another thing, we are not a group there is no''. You mention the term ''we''. Doesn't that imply you are talking about a group? Who's we? Is it the supporters? The hackers? Again ''Many of ATS members and people abroad struggle to understand the simplicity of "anonymity" and why we do what we do, how, who and where and when'' - You mention ''we'' like you are talking about a whole group. ''we do what we do''. - That is basically saying ''We ,anonymous, do what we do''. You are making it sound like there are members belonging to the ''We''.
It's a descriptor rather than an organization. "We" refers to likeminded people, even if there's no organizational structure or agreed upon manifesto. The "we" don't necessarily have to agree with each other on everything, just a few key points, to still be an effective movement.

If you are not a member yourself then you must be a supporter right? But a supporter of what? There is no group so who/what do you support? The actions of anonymous? Well there is no anonymous so how can you support a groups actions when there is no such group?
One can espouse an ideology. When many do, they become a "we".
edit on 2011.12.30 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

That still doesn't convince me there are no leaders or members.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

Do not sit back and wait for Anonymous to free you, you have to free yourself and combine with others to make a difference.

Im not setting back and waiting to be freed. I'm only holding them to the words they procure from their own mouths.

They never live up to it...and if you're seriously attributing the uprisings in Libya, Egypt, etc, to the likes of Anonymous...well holy crap...you're really not giving those citizens in the Middle East their due credit.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join