It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA/S.1867 passes the house

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This Law will have a dampening effect on political speech and protests.

Part of the 9/11 truth movement?
Libertarian?
Ron Paul supporter?
Don't like the TSA?
Protesting with OWS?
Protesting with the Tea Party?
Protesting with End the Fed Rallies?

Are these people considered terrorist and/or enemy sympathizers?

This is Tyranny make no mistake about it. These laws WILL sooner or later be used to SILENCE all dissension.

edit: I have already seen posts with people warning others not to be vocal about their disapproval of this bill. Should I be worried now?
edit on 15-12-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well said, it seems like they are pushing as hard as they can to make a violent uprising of citizens. Why was this needed? Our intelligence officers have been doing pretty well i think, there hasn't been a major attack since 2001

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The OP is probably not a Terrorist...

Good thing I love the United States with all my heart and mind and soul and I support what the leaders of our beautiful country do for us! These laws are meant to protect and serve the people and I am so excited for them to go into effect so that we can truly be a patriotically peaceful nation to ourselves and the world as we defend American Ideologies for all to benefit from! I TRUST THEM WITH ALL MY BEING!!!

God Bless Americans! God Bless Obama!!! God bless our Representatives!

GOD BLESS THE USA! SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!! GO GET THOSE TERRORISTS!!!

In Jesus name, AMEN...

I am safe, not sure about the rest of you guys here on ATS though...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by geryon

Actually the intelligence agency has FAILED on many parts when it comes to keeping us safe. The underwear bomber guy was caught by a passenger on the plane who saw something suspicious, and I think the same thing goes for another attempted attack.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I just received my letter response from my Rep. Dean Heller, who apparently heeded my plea. Yay!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tc714
It does apply to us citizens. counterpsyops.com...

thats not a reputable news source sorry... so far the official bill still stands stating that it EXCLUDES AMERICAN CITIZENS.... better proof please?

all of this threads sources that i have seen so far are bogus... no better than Alex Jones.... sorry but until you provide real proof, you might as well just be speculating.
edit on 15-12-2011 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
reply to post by geryon

Actually the intelligence agency has FAILED on many parts when it comes to keeping us safe. The underwear bomber guy was caught by a passenger on the plane who saw something suspicious, and I think the same thing goes for another attempted attack.

Right.

The way to insure that BigGov is "keeping us safe" is send us all to Camp FEMA. I'm sure you will like it there.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

This is on mainstream media, do you have your head in the sand?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The wheels are slowly being put into motion for America to become a land no longer of the free. The indefinite detention bill passes both senate and house, now all Obama needs to do is put it into law, which he will. Now, if any protesters try to rally for any reason, they can be locked up indefinitely; perhaps that is what the FEMA camps across the USA are for. What a free country that is. I am Canadian and I have been following American politics for a while now...and your freedoms are slowly being washed away, it's quite amazing actually that the people in the USA do not see it happening.

The USA is doing exactly what Nazi Germany did in the 1930s...only slower and more carefully, not to arouse too much suspicion.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for posting this along with those who voted for it.

Now, the question is how do we demonstrate our distain for this without becoming its first victims and detained indefinitely?

We call for all the Waiters and Waitresses in DC to use their 1st Amendment rights to free speech. This 1st Amendment solution, however, will not be directed at these politicians -- because that MIGHT trigger a terror alert. No, it will be directed at their food. When you start yelling at Womack's food, for instance, make sure you lisp a lot -- speak wetly. just don't speak out of your designated Free Speech Zone or Kitchen -- where someone might mistake your actions for spitting on food.

All patriotic Americans need to make sure they strengthen the immune systems of our glorious Patriot Act III sponsors, and make sure their food is always moist and juicy!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And this is how we enter pre-WWII Germany.

Expect the exact same turn of events, with the exact same outcome.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I pay as little taxes as possible. I am self employed but not paying into the system. I hate paying sales tax. I hate paying any kind of tax. Money has turned into an instrument to be used against us. When we get a ticket, MONEY, when we can't afford something we need, we have to pay more MONEY in interest. Money sadly is what these people want more of. The sweat off our brow isn't enough so they trot on over to the fed and gets some more. If this isn't the gibs me culture thats ruining america, I don't know what is. I'm doing my best to suffocate this crappy dictatorship without starving, you should too. Without money, these assholes can't do NOTHIN!!! They would be rendered useles because they live for other people's money. They get rich off other people's money and is it ever enough? F-NO, gimme gimme gimme, I'm sick of it all. They can take this new bill and stuff it up their asses. Go ahead and come after me phukers, I dare you. Jackboots will be shot on site and others will succumb to booby traps. Freedom is earned in blood not in sit-ins and occupy movements. We gotta let em' know we're not F-in around anymore!
edit on 15-12-2011 by MaxJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
This Law will have a dampening effect on political speech and protests.

Part of the 9/11 truth movement?
Libertarian?
Ron Paul supporter?
Don't like the TSA?
Protesting with OWS?
Protesting with the Tea Party?
Protesting with End the Fed Rallies?

Are these people considered terrorist and/or enemy sympathizers?

This is Tyranny make no mistake about it. These laws WILL sooner or later be used to SILENCE all dissension.

edit: I have already seen posts with people warning others not to be vocal about their disapproval of this bill. Should I be worried now?
edit on 15-12-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

when mind-control and fluoride wears off what choice do they have but to use force? if you were "them" what alternatives do you have? they are going all-in with their agenda and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We all knew this was coming, we all have felt this day was coming eventually. So now what do we do? Either we all stop coming here, keep out mouths shut or prepare for some here disappearing. Our only hope is a legal challenge. Our last hope with this lay with the Supreme Court at this point.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is pretty scary, i got to admit i did'nt think it would pass. What do these lawmakers think about when they pass these things, sure they may be immune from it for now but there children and grandchildren won't be.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stryc9nine
they are going all-in with their agenda and they aren't even trying to hide it anymore...

Yes, I agree. They don't need to hide it anymore ...

The stupid masses hide if from themselves, constantly apologizing and making excuses.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Frank Zappa once said "The illusion of freedom [in America] will continue as long as it’s profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."

Thanks for playing shows over.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So lets get real here:

How many are not going to pay for this?

Because regardless of your protests, or how you protest, if you are paying for it,
then how do you expect to stop it?

If you dont want wars, then dont pay for it.
If you dont want government expansion and encroachment on your liberties, then dont pay for it.

No taxation without representation right?

Here is an idea. Why dont American & European citizens en mass declare personal bankruptcy?
Under the idea that we cant afford to support the bailouts, the wars, and all those ABC organizations that subsidize those monopolistic, self-serving industries.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
reply to post by geryon

See, the problem here is that you listened to the Media, which acted as stenographers for the intelligence services PR rep. The CIA didn't actually FAIL -- they are the ones who made sure he was on the plane!

The following shows a lot of Bush/Media/CIA connections, but it holds true for Obama's administration, since there is about a 90% overlap in personnel;

>> Here's just a really great example of what I'm talking about:
Kind of like how the Underwear Bomber got on the airplane and we were told that he didn't have a passport. And then we hear the State Department ASKED that his passport be pulled, but the intelligence services with BushCo cronies said he was part of a larger investigation and to let him go on the plane.
www.open.salon.com...

Then, all the disinfo was quickly spewing from much of the press;
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.bloomberg.com...
>> Note that it was NOT the state department that let him on that plane -- it was EXPLICITLY, the CIA.

FTA; www.democraticunderground.com...
"
A January 27 hearing of the House Committee on Homeland Security established that US intelligence agencies stopped the State Department from revoking the US visa of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. The Nigerian student, whom US officials suspected of being affiliated with the Yemeni terrorist group Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, attempted to set off a bomb on Northwest Flight 253 into Detroit on Christmas Day. Revocation of Abdulmutallab’s visa would have prevented him from boarding the airplane.
"

The "kid prank" break in of Senator Mary Landrieu's office by some "Fox News" staff, who were also on the hit piece for ACORN. Identified as James O’Keefe, Stan Dai, Robert Flanagan and Joseph Basel, all in their 20s, the men are known for their GOP--especially to Senator David Vitter and Fox News. O’Keefe gained notoriety last year for making undercover videos of the liberal community-organizing group ACORN -- which APPEARED to be a pimp needing financial advice when they edited the tape, which isn't really a crime but editing can do a lot; www.bradblog.com... -- two independent investigations into ACORN showed no wrong-doing and that's documented; www.proskauer.com...
"James O'Keefe never actually wore his ridiculous pimp costume into those ACORN offices on those doctored and illegally recorded video tapes, right? But, rather, he was filmed outside of the offices wearing his get-up, while appearing as the conservatively dressed boyfriend of a hooker trying to escape an abusive pimp when the cameras were rolling inside the offices. That's just one of many deceptions O'Keefe carried out.
"

But anyway, that's the REASON they are saying, Landrieu is being bugged -- to defend Liberty and all from the tyranny of ACORN providing financial planning advice to poor people.
lornakismet.wordpress.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.foxnews.com...

Is it a coincidence, that she is chairperson of the House Committee investigating the intelligence failures regarding the underwear bomber?
Only, why is there such a connection between the CIA, Israel and Fox News? Why are the NeoCons like Rove, the PNAC, and all -- so affiliated as well? Do you think they are working together, or does Fox usually bug offices and hire the CIA so that they can get a good second job?
FTA: rawstory.com...
"
Dai has been an undergraduate fellow with the Washington-based national security think tank Foundation for the Defense of the Democracies (FDD), according to his College Leadership Program award biography at the Phillips Foundation -- as Lindsay Beyerstein first reported.
FDD claims that it's partly funded by the US State Department. Its Leadership Council and Board of Advisers comprise many high-profile conservative politicians and public figures -- including former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-CT), Weekly Standard editor William Kristol, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA),...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Frank Zappa once said "The illusion of freedom [in America] will continue as long as it’s profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."

Thanks for playing shows over.

Frank Zappa has been a man I've looked up to for a long time. Not for his music -- but because he really understood what was going on. Truly, a man of insight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join