It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA/S.1867 passes the house

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Interesting that gun sales have been unusually high this year. History may be getting ready to repeat itself. I can't imagine how great it would be to live in a free country. I hope I actually get to experience that someday....SOON.

I feel like there might be some type of unconscious awareness beginning to take hold in Americans that dont even suspect it themselves. I mean, we have natural survival instincts, and maybe those are beginning to kick in. It probably has taken Americans longer to have these primal instincts activated because as a population were so disconnected with our emotions. I am sort of excited but also worried.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
. . .

I totally agree with you on the Media and 90 per cent of the public not being informed but there didn`t seem to be anyone taking to the streets except for the Occupy movement who i don`t think made any show on it.
I`m just saying, those who knew could have kicked up some kind of fuss which i`m sure would have brought some kind of attention to it.

I don't understand where we are to make this fuss. On TV? The MSM is not covering this. It's not like you can just show up at their door and tell them you have something to say to the American people.

I mean, everyone who knows about this and opposes it IS making a fuss--to the greatest extent possible. Civil libertarians have been raising hell on the Internet for as long as they're known about it. There are some congressmen now organizing protests--but even those are guaranteed to be small potatoes and largely (if not completely) ignored.

A couple of days ago I asked my roommate what she thought of this. She'd never heard of it, and thought I was making it up. (She knows I spend a lot of time on this site, and apparently thought it was just some loony conspiracy theory.) She's a huge Obama fan. She said, "How could Obama allow something like that? It's not like he has to sign it!" I almost choked. But the really insane thing about the whole thing is that she has a law degree and in her youth worked at a law firm that specialized in taking on civil rights and civil liberties cases.

It's too sad. I've watched her sit in rapture watching Obama make his famous flowery speeches. She thinks the son-of-a-bitch walks on water!
edit on 12/14/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/14/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for posting this along with those who voted for it.

Now, the question is how do we demonstrate our distain for this without becoming its first victims and detained indefinitely?

I do know KNOW, but I did have a vision about Washington, please bear with me here.

When it began, I saw people, both men and women, pick up their firearms and leave their home, and all headed straight for Washington DC. Then I saw the city, I have been there many time driving semi. The "circle" was fully occupied. There were what looked like a a million people there, everything in the circle was cut off, nothing in or out. Suddenly a black helicopter came into view, attempting to land on the pad on top of the Capital building. A man with a bullhorn shouted, "Helicopter pilot! Do not attempt to land! You will be fired upon!" A great cheer came for the crowd. There were people there from all over the States. some had uniforms on, from the Civil War, and the Revolution. Then everyone began to shout for the President and his staff, and the Congress to come out, and face charges of treason and sedition against the American People.

Then I saw what I think is Cheyenne Mountain, but cannot be sure.
It was within a mountain, and was a secure military base. Suddenly it exploded in a brilliant flash of light.

The vision ended with that.

Will something like this have to happen for them to hear us? I hope not, but see not real assurance that they will ever listen to their people. These people are guilty of High Treason, and the penalty for that still stands as it always has. Supreme Court, do your Constitutional Duty.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
US House OKs defense bill with Iran sanctions and new rules for handling terrorism suspects - Reuters

Rollcall coming up for the traitors.

Ackerman
Adams
Aderholt
Akin
Alexander
Altmire
Amodei
Andrews
Austria
Baca
Bachus
Barletta
Barrow
Bartlett
Barton (TX)
Bass (NH)
Benishek
Berg
Berkley
Berman
Biggert
Bilbray
Bilirakis
Bishop (GA)
Bishop (NY)
Bishop (UT)
Black
Blackburn
Bonner
Bono Mack
Boren
Boswell
Boustany
Brady (PA)
Brady (TX)
Brooks
Broun (GA)
Brown (FL)
Buchanan
Buerkle
Butterfield
Calvert
Camp
Canseco
Cantor
Capito
Capps
Cardoza
Carnahan
Carney
Carter
Cassidy
Castor (FL)
Chabot
Chandler
Cicilline
Cole
Conaway
Connolly (VA)
Cooper
Costa
Courtney
Cravaack
Crawford
Crenshaw
Critz
Crowley
Cuellar
Culberson
Davis (CA)
Davis (KY)
Denham
Dent
Deutch
Dicks
Dingell
Doggett
Dold
Donnelly (IN)
Dreier
Duffy
Ellmers
Emerson
Engel
Farenthold
Fincher
Fitzpatrick
Fleischmann
Fleming
Flores
Fortenberry
Foxx
Franks (AZ)
Frelinghuysen
Gallegly
Garamendi
Gardner
Gerlach
Gibbs
Gibson
Gingrey (GA)
Gohmert
Gonzalez
Granger
Graves (MO)
Green, Al
Green, Gene
Griffin (AR)
Grimm
Guinta
Guthrie
Hall
Hanabusa
Hanna
Harper
Hartzler
Hastings (WA)
Hayworth
Heck
Hensarling
Herger
Herrera Beutler
Higgins
Himes
Hirono
Hochul
Holden
Hoyer
Hultgren
Hunter
Inslee
Israel
Issa
Jackson Lee (TX)
Jenkins
Johnson (OH)
Johnson, Sam
Jordan
Keating
Kelly
Kildee
Kind
King (IA)
King (NY)
Kingston
Kinzinger (IL)
Kissell
Kline
Lamborn
Lance
Landry
Langevin
Lankford
Larsen (WA)
Larson (CT)
Latham
Latta
Levin
Lewis (CA)
Lipinski
LoBiondo
Loebsack
Long
Lowey
Lucas
Luetkemeyer
Lungren, Daniel E.
Manzullo
Marchant
Marino
Matheson
McCarthy (CA)
McCarthy (NY)
McCaul
McCotter
McHenry
McIntyre
McKeon
McKinley
McMorris Rodgers
McNerney
Meehan
Mica
Miller (FL)
Miller (MI)
Miller, Gary
Murphy (PA)
Neugebauer
Noem
Nugent
Nunes
Nunnelee
Olson
Owens
Palazzo
Pascrell
Pastor (AZ)
Paulsen
Pearce
Pelosi
Perlmutter
Peterson
Petri
Platts
Poe (TX)
Pompeo
Price (GA)
Quayle
Rahall
Reed
Rehberg
Reichert
Renacci
Reyes
Richardson
Rigell
Rivera
Roby
Rogers (AL)
Rogers (KY)
Rogers (MI)
Rooney
Ros-Lehtinen
Roskam
Ross (AR)
Ross (FL)
Rothman (NJ)
Runyan
Ruppersberger
Ryan (WI)
Sánchez, Linda T.
Scalise
Schiff
Schilling
Schmidt
Schock
Schrader
Schwartz
Scott (SC)
Scott, Austin
Scott, David
Sensenbrenner
Sessions
Sewell
Sherman
Shimkus
Shuler
Shuster
Sires
Smith (NE)
Smith (NJ)
Smith (TX)
Smith (WA)
Southerland
Stearns
Stivers
Sullivan
Sutton
Terry
Thompson (PA)
Thornberry
Tiberi
Tsongas
Turner (NY)
Turner (OH)
Upton
Visclosky
Walden
Walz (MN)
Wasserman Schultz
Waxman
Webster
West
Westmoreland
Whitfield
Wilson (FL)
Wilson (SC)
Wittman
Wolf
Womack
Yoder
Young (AK)
Young (IN)

All of these people need to be arrested and then tried for their crime against the American constitution and the American people.

If they start using that law for real, it will be time to occupy Washington DC with armed protesters. Block all the roads. Everything. Till they resign or start shooting. Either way, they will be OVER.

And if you want to complain or spread the truth about this bill don't worry, they are covering their butts...
MPAA head Chris Dodd : for the internet censorship bill, China is our model
Coming right up.

Also...
FEMA Camps Going Live in All 50 States
All for your freedom.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

i fully agree with you if i was american i would join that armed protest

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
everyone who voted in favour of this should be hung. We the people should demand the courts to see this. A lawsuit should be filed on everyone of them. but oh wait our courts are corrupt to. I guess we'll just have to wait for the wackos to have enough and start blowing senators and congressman's heads off

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Well there you have it, thanks for paying attention.
Stay Current, and Stay Cool

Excellent level of Awareness.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Can someone please quote the specific text that allows for indefinite detention of American citizens? I'm looking at the revised bill that passed and I all I see is language that excludes Americans citizens.

From H.R. 1450, section 1032:

(b) APPLICABILITY TO UNITED STATES CITIZENS AND
18 LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—
19 (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement
20 to detain a person in military custody under this sec-
21 tion does not extend to citizens of the United States.

22 (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The require-
23 ment to detain a person in military custody under
24 this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien
25 of the United States on the basis of conduct taking 422
† HR 1540 PP
1 place within the United States, except to the extent
2 permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

And this, also from H.R. 1450, found in section 1031:

(e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be
20 construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to
21 the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident
22 aliens of the United States or any other persons who are
23 captured or arrested in the United States.

Also there is this provision that, if I am reading correctly, will make sure that a system of checks and balances will be in place, making sure that the executive branch doesn't act unilaterally:

(f) REQUIREMENT FOR BRIEFINGS OF CONGRESS.—
25 The Secretary of Defense shall regularly brief Congress re-420
† HR 1540 PP
1 garding the application of the authority described in this
2 section, including the organizations, entities, and individ-
3 uals considered to be ‘‘covered persons’’ for purposes of sub-
4 section (b)(2).

This is what I found looking through the bill. Unless someone provides text from the bill that proves this is an evil bill, I think that the only people who should be scared of it are terrorists.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Time for you guys to show your 2nd ammenment in the streets of Washington DC. Show those traiters in congress that you mean business. But peacefully.
I just love that about your country.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I don't get it.

Almost everyday you hear about how America is the land of the free and how it stands up to all these dictators in the name of humanity, yet your probably the least free country in the world...and what's worse is you actually accept it.

I don't understand why your country continues to cast off this image when every other country see's just how un-free you all really are. Why aren't you doing something about it?

Maybe there is truth to this water fluoridation thing after all...

Americans...get a grip of your home. Sort this crap out!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It does apply to us citizens. counterpsyops.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I want to scream my head off. I want to yell and shout until I collapse.

We have been taken over. A coup by the financial and global elite.

The country I was born in is no longer.

And I have to look my children in the eyes and admit I was one of the ones who didn't work hard enough to preserve their freedom as the USA denigrates into a fascist nightmare one they will have to live in long after I'm dead.

*hanging head in shame*

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
US House OKs defense bill with Iran sanctions and new rules for handling terrorism suspects - Reuters

Rollcall coming up for the traitors.

Nothing new to me, I saw this coming a long time ago and we haven’t seen anything yet. This is just the beginning; you all are now witnessing the greatest destruction to the Constitution and our civil liberties. Many of you thought we are in a police state, we haven’t seen anything yet.

I agree, the wars on lies, false flags, and regime changes in Iraq and Afghanistan just so we can have our military bases built and close in the surrounding boarders on Iran. Once the United States over throws Iran, we will begin to focus on North Korea. NWO cannot take place until all dictatorships have been over thrown.
NWO doesn’t like competition.
edit on 15-12-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

your misunderstood my friend, if you all go in armed while protesting and then start firing back at the authorities, they will for certain deem you a terrorist and you'll be ringing mom about why you'll be in prison for life. This is exactly what they want, a good reason to exercise the bill.

If you were to have nationwide armed protests, military rule directive will for certain be executed, if this is the case then i'd recommend ron paul pack he bags cos an election will be a long way off, just the right medicine to quell obama's election woo's.

Think, think, think!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

It's exactly that. There is no "requirement" pertaining to U.S. citizens, but no wording PROHIBITING it.. These sneaky bastards worded this bill quite cleverly..

edit on 15-12-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by rstregooski because: h

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by Afterthought

Thanks for posting this along with those who voted for it.

Now, the question is how do we demonstrate our distain for this without becoming its first victims and detained indefinitely?

I do know KNOW, but I did have a vision about Washington, please bear with me here.

When it began, I saw people, both men and women, pick up their firearms and leave their home, and all headed straight for Washington DC. Then I saw the city, I have been there many time driving semi. The "circle" was fully occupied. There were what looked like a a million people there, everything in the circle was cut off, nothing in or out. Suddenly a black helicopter came into view, attempting to land on the pad on top of the Capital building. A man with a bullhorn shouted, "Helicopter pilot! Do not attempt to land! You will be fired upon!" A great cheer came for the crowd. There were people there from all over the States. some had uniforms on, from the Civil War, and the Revolution. Then everyone began to shout for the President and his staff, and the Congress to come out, and face charges of treason and sedition against the American People.

Then I saw what I think is Cheyenne Mountain, but cannot be sure.
It was within a mountain, and was a secure military base. Suddenly it exploded in a brilliant flash of light.

The vision ended with that.

Will something like this have to happen for them to hear us? I hope not, but see not real assurance that they will ever listen to their people. These people are guilty of High Treason, and the penalty for that still stands as it always has. Supreme Court, do your Constitutional Duty.

Ummmmm.........And then there appeared not from the east but from the west.........a star...A STAR...burning in the night..................All of those gathered below with their remingtons and pitchforks looked up as one to behold the fiery splendor......That burst upon them as they became one with the radiation and the wind.............Everyone else stayed home and submitted meekly..................All hail the "NEW WORLD ORDER"..........

Round one in the shooting war...................TPTB...won........the armed protesters................zero

YouSir

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

I would have to disagree here. My prediction based on comments of peaceful revolution is this...

America and its freedoms will be a distant memory in 20 years time if you all continue to protest with bits of paper whilst standing on a street. Wake up guys...seriously!

To fight for your country, your children and your loved ones...you need to be blunt sometimes. When the prancing around allowing yourselves to be hurt by a brutal police force whilst shouting "I'm protesting here" isn't working, there comes a time when you need to step up to the mark.

All the citizens in the US that are armed would create an army that could put up a pretty damn good match to the US armed forces...Not that i think the US armed forces would fire on their own people though! Maybe they would but i cant really see it...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The bill refers specifically to those "at war with the Government of the USA". My concern is that this bill has just castrated the Declaration of Independence by targeting this phrase specifically - "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government". This bill was written with 9/11 being pushed as the reason, but the unspoken reason was to squash any rebellion by the growing number of awakening Americans.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I see what you're saying, but I think there's other language in that particular sections that does prohibit it, although based on older laws/rulings and not something explicitly stated in the bill.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Some would, most wouldn't. Honestly the kids of today have been brought up on shooter games where hours and hours of gameplay work to remove any and all emotion, conscious thought, or hesitation. Some will shoot their fellow citizens because they were "trained by games" to kill without emotional involvement.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

This country has been circling the drain for DECADES.

Of course, most of us were asleep or not even born yet when it started the swan dive.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join