It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy protester hands President Obama a note

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I can say first hand that it is possible. I have shook a presidents hand before, and if I had a note I wanted to hand him, I have no doubt in my mind that I could have. I never interviewed with the Secret Service or anything, they may have checked me out, otherwise I was just one of the crowd, so to speak. This story has some merit.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
reply to post by AllUrChips

I agree with you there. Actually on all points.
I just think it is far fetched to say Obama planned this, thats all.

Well not EXACTLY obama. His handlers, people, planners, you know the admin. From the beginning notice he has not said anything derogatory about OWS. No call to get out of the streets. He in fact said he stands with them.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Had to have been staged. The secret service (SS) would have not allowed such a transfer if they had not know about it. What if there were something on the note? Further proof obama admin and george soros are behind this. They are advertising the cause. I never have and never will buy it. SCAM!

I'm not arguing over whether it was staged or not as I don't have anyway of knowing one way or the other. It doesn't take a magician to conceal a palm sized note which is around .01 millimeters thick into an event regardless of who is securing it and yes you could accomplish the handshake portion as well. It could have been staged although your supporting reason as to why it was isn't very strong(SS would've stopped it). Furthermore, as of now it doesn't make sense because he hasn't gained anything from the events that transpired. That is of course, as of now...I can see many ways it could be used and perhaps will be but let's not jump the gun until we have more details and see how it plays out. Not everything that happens is a conspiracy or an act to trick you into believing something.

I respectfully disagree. MOST things are conspired and played out in the media. The whole debt deal supercommite crap, the OWS movement, Most is conspired(planned) if you dont believe that then well, I guess they are winning. All of this going on in the world, but if you dont belong to a site like this or dig deep in alt. media, then you will only be apprised on who the latest person kicked off DWTS or who killed Natalie wood 30 years ago. Or who the latest crazy woman who killed her baby. Trust me the gov would not air their dirty laundry through the media, think about it, would you?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I agree that this is staged and was meant to be photographed, and even worse, it could probably have been meant to trigger another Mind Control Victim or Program to enable the implementation of the Police State.

Everybody be vigilante. Take note of every word.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So someone walked past the secret service and right up to Obama and gave him this note?

And then Obama decided to take a perfect picture of it in his hand, making sure that his thumb was not covering any of the important words but making sure that we don't see his face but see that its a "black hand" so it must be him right?

Who took the picture? Did Obama himself take the picture?
The angle that the camera is at could only mean that Obama took the picture himself and then uploaded the photo to the internet.

Maybe it was him that scratched out "American"

None of this makes any sense.

edit on 22-11-2011 by Fishticon84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by Fishticon84 because: Spelling error.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

I bet you only looked at the pictures, didn't you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think the dirty thumb nail is telling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky

I agree that this is staged and was meant to be photographed, and even worse, it could probably have been meant to trigger another Mind Control Victim or Program to enable the implementation of the Police State.

Oh, get a grip. You can't be serious?!?.
The OWS protestors shouted him down during his speech, and managed to slip this note to him after he spoke, when he was shaking hands with the crowd. Totally possible, and no deep dark mystery to it. The enlarged photo reads exactly what the one in the smaller shot does, and has the same word:acceptable, covered by Obama's thumb.
edit on 22-11-2011 by QueSeraSera because: incorrect word

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera

Originally posted by Pocky

Oh, get a grip. You can't be serious?!?.
The OWS protestors shouted him down during his speech, and managed to slip this note to him after he spoke, when he was shaking hands with the crowd. Totally possible, and no deep dark mystery to it. The enlarged photo reads exactly what the one in the smaller shot does, and has the same word:acceptable, covered by Obama's thumb.
edit on 22-11-2011 by QueSeraSera because: incorrect word

Exactly!!! if it was staged then Obama would have cleaned his thumb nail, not wanting the world to see he has dirty nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

That is the distraction for all the other dirt that is swept under the rug.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Occupy Wall Street - Lest We Plutacracy gif

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
im pretty sure that looks shopped to me...

i think the note actually said "give me free college"

Or at the very least make the existing laws required learning in schools.
What a world that would be. Informed decisions being made by informed citizens.

Law makers make laws. It would be nice if they had to know all the existing ones first.

edit on 22-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: add some stuff

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If Obama is really smart he wont ignore the note! Or TPTB wont!

Thats note might actually end up being some small catalyst!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Watch the video of the 'Mic Check' and you will be reminded of why Obama was elected in the first place.

He was very gracious, and even allowed the protesters to continue until the point of incoherence.

Then, he actually addressed them!

He said it was because of young people like them that he even ran, and, if you look at his eyes when they interrupt him, he has an expression that can only be described as Pride.

He has said, on many occassions, that he is one man, and we the people have to MAKE him and Congress do what we know needs to be done.

He handled the situation with grace, which is more than I can say for the GOP candidates, one shouting at them to shut up, (Gingrich) one being totally condescending, saying 'feel better?' (ATS's beloved Paul) and one freaking out completely and running for the door (Bachmann).

Everyone gives Obama hell, without the least bit of irony, since he can only do what we as Americans force him and Congress to do.

At least for me, he handled it very well, and it would not surprise me in the least if it was by his own desire that he sought out the Mic Checkers at the end to find out what their whole message was.

Bring on the insults and 'sheeple' comments, I'm ready.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yup....then a secret service agent steps in ..."theres nothing to read here Mr. President"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
So someone walked past the secret service and right up to Obama and gave him this note?

And then Obama decided to take a perfect picture of it in his hand, making sure that his thumb was not covering any of the important words but making sure that we don't see his face but see that its a "black hand" so it must be him right?

Who took the picture? Did Obama himself take the picture?
The angle that the camera is at could only mean that Obama took the picture himself and then uploaded the photo to the internet.

Maybe it was him that scratched out "American"

None of this makes any sense.

edit on 22-11-2011 by Fishticon84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2011 by Fishticon84 because: Spelling error.

Okay first it does happen. My own mom met LBJ in highschool. How? She walked right up to his limo, stuck her hand in the window and asked for an autograph. SS did not even try to stop her.

Second, you should really do more than just look at the picture before you post.

Here is another one since you seem to be doubting that it is Obama.

26.media.tumblr.com...

The picture in this OP is zoomed in. A person walked up to him and handed him a note... It can and does happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

That may be the best thing going for him, for whatever it is worth. However, at the end of the day he does not have what it takes to be a leader. If a person is going to hold the position of president and if they are not a true leader, everything else is moot.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

To me, a true leader listens often and talks rarely. 'The true leader lives in the smallest hut' -African Proverb

I'd say he is at least a ton and a half better than what qualified as a leader in the years preceding him.

Perhaps the next guy, or the next few years, will create a real opportunity for a strong, compassionate leader to emerge.

Or, better yet, we will evolve to the point where a single 'leader' is unnecessary.

I pray daily for the latter.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
LOL Staged much!?

Who gets two perfect shots like that, then, all shot information is given just as quick. No one is this organized this quickly.

Had it not been staged, we would be left wondering what it said and would never know.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Show me one time where a note was passed to a leader and the photographer got that picture and the zoomed in picture of the words written.
This is a first I am sure. Especially this day and age.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Every Monday I e-mail Obama (for whatever good it does)...........here: www.whitehouse.gov...

I suggest anyone so inclined to send the same note or do one of your own that you feel is better.

Mr. President:
over 4,000 peaceful protesters have been arrested.
While bankers continue to destroy the economy with impunity.
you must stop the assult on our 1st amendment rights.
Your silence sends a message that police brutality is acceptable.
Banks got bailed out.
We, the American People got sold out.

If you can't or won't protest physically, at least keyboard..........I've given you the contact and letter if you so chose to use it - no work involved unless you can come up with something better.

Post away.

Personally I wish real change could come without violence or bloodshed.

This is just a suggestion.

Any trolling or nasty remarks will be ignored and not responded to.

Any better ideas, I'm open to.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join