It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy protester hands President Obama a note

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The Occupy movement trailed President Obama to New Hampshire today, where protestors briefly interrupted his jobs speech at a Manchester high school.

Using the so-called "human microphone" method, protestors shouted Obama down just minutes into his speech, calling attention to the arrest of peaceful protestors at Occupy movements around the country.

They were quickly countered by students, who began chanting, "Obama! Obama!"

Here's what the note said.

Mr. President: Over 4000 peaceful protesters have been arrested. While bankers continue to destroy the American economy. You must stop the assault on our 1st amendment rights. Your silence sends a message that police brutality is acceptable. Banks got bailed out. We got sold out.

I see "American" was crossed out. What does that little bit say to the right? "with imponing????" Im not really sure what that means.

The note was passed to Obama after his speech, while he was shaking hands with people there.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The writing reads, "with impunity".

impunity

In other words they called out the government to the most powerful man in the world. And to think, people say Occupy doesn't do anything.
When was the last time someone did that?

Bueller?

Bueller?

*crickets*

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

"To destroy the economy with impunity"

ETA:

Beat me to it.
edit on 11/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Edit To Add

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
im pretty sure that looks shopped to me...

i think the note actually said "give me free college"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Had to have been staged. The secret service (SS) would have not allowed such a transfer if they had not know about it. What if there were something on the note? Further proof obama admin and george soros are behind this. They are advertising the cause. I never have and never will buy it. SCAM!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

it was totally staged... its too perfect to not have been..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

voodoo economics?!?!

Will be interesting to see if he actually reads the damned thing and takes a notice.... of course he won't... he doesnt give two s*@ts for you or your families.. basically your government is just a bunch of selfish SNIP's.

I feel that 99% of all americans could be stood outside the whitehouse and he still wouldn't give two s*@ts.

shame

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

it was totally staged... its too perfect to not have been..

EXACTLY! these people are screened better than any event you could ever imagine.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Ah, thanks. I thought the o was a u and also didnt see the t.

Had to have been staged. The secret service (SS) would have not allowed such a transfer if they had not know about it.

I was wondering about that to. From memory, I do not really remember anyone passing the president a note before at one of his rallies. I would of thought the SS would be surrounding him while he was out shaking hands. Maybe it was a lazy day for the SS. Maybe they knew about it before hand.
edit on 22-11-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Ah, thanks. I thought the o was a u and also didnt see the t.

Had to have been staged. The secret service (SS) would have not allowed such a transfer if they had not know about it.

I was wondering about that to. From memory, I do not really remember anyone passing the president a note before at one of his rallies. I would of thought the SS would be surrounding him while he was out shaking hands.

For sure. The event organizers make sure ALL atendees are supporters of obama. The very few hecklers that get by are probably staged as well. Your right, They would have been right there surrounding him in a crowd. I just cant believe how damn stupid they think we are. Well, I guess its working because it seems MOST people are buying this crap.

link   
I was expecting the note to be a little more frightening. Just imagine. Your watching all the hoopla over the occupy rallies when suddenly a shifty little character covertly slips the president a note. After downloading the vid, freeze framing, photoshopping, enlarging, and defining. Your paranoid mind is blown when you see....

Dear Mr President

The flocks are flying north
Gliding upside down
Indestructible vulnerability
Falling under rebel control------- with impunity

TGIF
It's only Tuesday

Always Yours,
The Constant Sock

Now THAT would have ATS abuzz for weeks.

On a personal note I can't stand them occupy folk.... I think they're slimy... I know they're not, but I can't help it.

link   

I hardly think having his speech interrupted then being handed a note saying that he sold out the american people is in anyway shining a positive light on Obama. So why do you think he planned it?

This makes him look bad, maybe you missed that part, I dunno.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You should notice that they did not heckle Obama directly, they heckled the government. He is not the only part of the government.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Maybe it said "Your Emergency Broadcast System sucks!".

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

I hardly think having his speech interrupted then being handed a note saying that he sold out the american people is in anyway shining a positive light on Obama. So why do you think he planned it?

The only thing it incriminates him of is being silent on their 1st amendment rights. (which he has not been by the way) This is not about obama. this is about many many years of a fraudulent reserve system that did nothing but make money for ALL of these politicians. They need to explain to the US people why we are in the spot we are in. And the way they are doing that is by trying to implicate the "big corporations" as the only people that have been raping us for all these years. The gov is trying to absolve their wrongdoings by throwing the very corporations that keep their campaigns afloat under the bus.
edit on 22-11-2011 by AllUrChips because: spellin

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

Honestly this event looks staged to me too.

It doesn't necessarily make him look bad. I can definitely imagine a situation where Obama publicly embraces the OWS movement with this being cited as the catalyst. A storyline fit for the history books develops about how a single note changed the course of history.

It's possible. The photo of the note looks fake, made for consumption..

Anyway, if Obama were to take the note to heart, and act according to the wishes of OWS, wouldn't that make him a hero to OWS?

edit on 22-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

You should notice that they did not heckle Obama directly, they heckled the government. He is not the only part of the government.

Exactly! Do you think they would show the note (if it were real) that said something derogatory about obama, nope.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I laugh at the paranoid who think everything is staged. We are all people, some with low self confidence think others control everything around them, this is paranoia.

OWS is a non-partisan protest against modern banking practices and the general plutocracy, I am happy to see people of all backgrounds participating in this movement. Including this directly to the point act...
edit on 22-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I agree with you there. Actually on all points.
I just think it is far fetched to say Obama planned this, thats all.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Had to have been staged. The secret service (SS) would have not allowed such a transfer if they had not know about it. What if there were something on the note? Further proof obama admin and george soros are behind this. They are advertising the cause. I never have and never will buy it. SCAM!

I'm not arguing over whether it was staged or not as I don't have anyway of knowing one way or the other. It doesn't take a magician to conceal a palm sized note which is around .01 millimeters thick into an event regardless of who is securing it and yes you could accomplish the handshake portion as well. It could have been staged although your supporting reason as to why it was isn't very strong(SS would've stopped it). Furthermore, as of now it doesn't make sense because he hasn't gained anything from the events that transpired. That is of course, as of now...I can see many ways it could be used and perhaps will be but let's not jump the gun until we have more details and see how it plays out. Not everything that happens is a conspiracy or an act to trick you into believing something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join