It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The YU55 Apology Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Someone once said to me how they were sick of all these deluded prophets of doom who always predict disaster. He went on to complain about how their fear mongering had led to people leaving their homes, selling their possessions and in extreme cases even suicide...

There is no denying that it’s sad when this happens. However, i can’t help remembering Obi Wans wise words...

"Who’s the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

At the end of the day you will never stop the prediction of doom threads... and to be honest I wouldn’t want them stopped. This is where they belong!! ATS is the place for discussing all things mysterious, metaphysical, spiritual, extra-terrestrial, strange, weird, and just plain ludicrous!!
As frustrating as it can be at times... I wouldn’t have it any other way

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit It strikes me as very odd that a tsunami drill AND a national emergency drill (that we have not used.. not for Pearl Harbor.. not for 9/11), on the same day - the day the asteroid passes closest to the moon - is just too suspicious. Better safe than sorry I'd guess, they were thinking.

Well you gotz it all wrong.See its like this... the sneaky conniving PTB have figured out that all the CTers out there will get all worked up if they have a major drill before or during a possible ELE. Their plan is to make it so ordinary that when they plan something real, we will all just brush it off as another false flag

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
No point, there will be a YU56 next week and the same people will jump on the bandwagon. You guys need to put on some Irish folk tunes, have yourselves a tipple and not give two cares to the world, best way!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

"Who’s the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?"

Alec Guiness, playing the role of Obi Wan Kenobi......in the original "Star Wars"....

Am I right?

Do I win a Wookie???

answers.yahoo.com...

And:

Beware! When "crossing light-sabres" with a double-agent Star Wars/Star Trek aficionado!!

Bu...ha ha HA HA!!! Bu WAH...ha ha....!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
*YAWNS*
Morning all.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Mockrock, thank you for manning up. Part of having an open mind is listening to the other side.

It is not surprising that these "death from above" threads have been so popular lately. The recession has left everyone with doubts about their own financial security, the constant saber rattling in the near east, the ever more poisonous political discourse... all of these things leave one feeling that one's destiny is not in one's own hands. Truly, all of us feel that there is a sword dangling over our heads. Just as our dreams work out our anxieties in symbolic images as we sleep, so these implausible doomsday scenarios appeal to our subconscious, and we find ourselves drawn to them. Some surrender to the fear, others try to dispel the darkness.

Good night, and pleasant dreams.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Read this :

edit on 9-11-2011 by sarojadevi because:
Link is below.
wrong link

edit on 9-11-2011 by sarojadevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sarojadevi

nvm......

edit on Wed 9 November 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

the problem is that EVERY comet / asteroid / imaginary celestial body has neen claimed to be " on collision course " since 1999 - [ as long as i have been on the internut ] remember nancy liedrer and markhazelwood back in 2001 ~ 2003 ? , and every chicken little since

i think chicken little has cried wolf enough - dont you ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by LightAssassin

Mockrock alone had at least five different topics regarding 2005 YU55 impacting. Not to mention all of the people in these threads who bought in to the concept of an impact.

you say "bought into the concept of an impact" as if that is the most absurd fantasy one could imagine...up there with the ester bunny and santa...

What is there something absurd about Santa and the Easter Bunny? ? I can prove Santa exists..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg

Originally posted by mockrock

Official apology.. and believe me! relief!!

I now have to find some way to convince girlfriend I am not crazy! First I have to convince myself..

I've not enjoyed this Doom! am done with it !!

Okay mockrock...thanks for the apology...now what are you going to, "pressure," next? How has this helped you over the past few days?

Officially retired from Doom.. although if the asteroid now hits the 'moon landing' sites I will be suspicious.. Just a joke !!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Before everyone goes all back slappy and pulling out their tongues at each other.

Since the 'near miss' has anyone seen Bruce Willis, anyone?

There you go then, yeah.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It's 5:55 in morning day, bout 12 hours, and unless this is hell, in which case i want a refund, then you're wrong. I'm not a sheep or a man, a man is a leader, and a sheep is a follower, i am neither, i'm a locololo

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by LightAssassin

Mockrock alone had at least five different topics regarding 2005 YU55 impacting. Not to mention all of the people in these threads who bought in to the concept of an impact.

Time for a "chicken little" forum" saved for rumors of "cloaked" neo objects with a supposed "chance of impact"???????????????
edit on 9-11-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag
It really is very stupid of these "fear mongers" making threads about an asteroid hitting earth or the moon. I mean really, when has that ever happened in history? I see it as completely impossible for an asteroid to hit either celestial body, imho.

I really hope you are kidding here.

Peace out.
edit on 9-11-2011 by bigwig22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Along with a number of other people you appear to have misread my OP

Anyway, no apologies needed from me.

Unless, of course, YU55 did hit the Earth and NASA are covering the impact up so as not to cause a panic ....... ?

Incidently, regarding the sheep reference in my OP, read the opening lines of So Long and Thanks for all the Fish. It's about sheep.

edit on 9-11-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by TomServo

You've completely missed the point of that thread.

Read it again..slowly...absorb and understand the rhetoric.

Douglas Adams was a whistleblower, but knew he would not be permitted to tell the truth so hid the facts in the greatest piece of literature ever written.

It doesn't appear so...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

edit on 9-11-2011 by mockrock because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by mockrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
And somehow this story just seems to resonate with dozens of people who will then spend page after page defending the OP and their story while criticizing and belittling anyone who dare tries to interject some common sense and reasoning into the mix.

Seriously? Do you even understand the thread title?

I had to Star you for proving Comedy and Sarcasm are still alive on ATS Zargon.

Thank you for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join