It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police say caller warned of five 'dirty bombs' in Genesee County schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
May I make a point which may have been overlooked by some of the other members here. It seems to me that if there was some truth to this story,that the towns involved, in thier entirety, would have been evacuated completely of anything more sentient than a hamster until the situation was defused.

The response so far is somewhat pathetic if indeed there is even the remotest chance of a radiologically augmented explosive being set off in the vicinity. At the very LEAST you would expect any building or area of town that is in the path of the wind around there to have been cleared out by now.

Any lesser reaction would be seen as negligence on the part of local government and national security organisers

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So the state police "say" they have a threat of 5 dirty bombs. Wonder who they paid to call? Or maybe they aren't in on this one, and it's above them. Either way...

Can you say False Flag?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

Oh you mean just like how they did exercises of actual events on 9/11, 7/7 London and Madrid when the real thing was actually happening? Interesting

IT--

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think either

1) They know it's a joke, they know nothing will happen, but out of the 0.00001% chance that they are wrong, they are going to announce it. They aren't going to evacuate, cause then when it turns out to be false they catch flack for that. But in that off chance the bomb was real, they could say they did warn people they just didn't call for an evacuation.

2) The police called it in, right now the cops are probably "working hard" doing all this extra work that they don't have to do because its a false alarm that the police put in motion. Things like this happen all the time with government run construction. All these cops are getting paid OT to look into this issue, just more money for the police force since they have to work so hard.

I'd like to think its 1) but the distrust I have towards authority tells me that 2) may be the more likely scenario here. Just wondering, how often do bomb threats of this or of a lesser nature get called in? Anyone have any idea?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The bomb threat effected 21 school districts. Most of the schools kept the students inside as the *BOMBS* if their were any would most likely be outside. The schools are locked overnite with alarm systems and are accessed durning the day through the main entrance. Police located where the call was made from and investigated from that point. I wouldn't send thousands of students home on buses and walking to empty homes while the parents are working. Also thousands of parents leaveing work and panicking to pick up their kids. Many of these parents work 1-2hrs away. Being secure in a classroom and following normal procedures in this case was the best call.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
hmm.. Michigan you say?

well that's not a surprise.

lotta possible violent muslims there.
edit on 4-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What the hell is in Genesee county and why would anyone want to bomb it?

I mean other than actual residents who are upset with the counties leadership or possibly just idiots with too much time. Do we have to halt the entire economy every time someone pulls a fire alarm now?
edit on 4-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by leemachino
And now........they can welcome the TSA into schools. Children will be groped daily. Get the parents filled with fear so the TSA can be everywhere. Start with the kids and get them trained early.

My children are in private school, maybe its time for home schooling. I'm an hour south of Flint. Too close for me.

Hello sir ......Georgia here....

There were 3 bomb threats at my sons' middle school just this week......Thats a total of 8 this school year....

The boys tell me that the police show up and do random searches at the school now....Bookbags and backpacks have been banned, AGAIN....The police come into the classrooms mid day and look under desks, in closets and under cabinets...

No bomb sniffing dogs or pat downs as of yet...

I'm getting ready to pull them out if something dosn't change.....Prank call or not, its not a safe or focus friendly learning environment for a child...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Who's behind this threat? Let's look at history for possible suspects:

Thursday morning(10-5-06), several Nebraska schools were under lockdown for a second day following an anonymous call that said there would be a shooting at an unspecified school.

hosted.ap.org/dynamic/sto...SECTION=US
Nebreska Deputy Arrested in School Threat
BASSETT, Neb. (AP)
-- A rookie sheriff's deputy was arrested in connection with a school shooting threat that led to public school lockdowns in three counties earlier this week, officials said Friday. ...
edit on 4-11-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Now I feel like what I said in my above post as point 2) just makes even more sense, thanks for posting that.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Here's the deal: if someone seriously wanted to harm persons or property then I can assure you that in 99.999999999% of cases that there will be no warning. This was intended to be a hoax. No one was at risk.

And for all of you "Won't someone please think of the children" whiners...yes, my own children were in an affected school. Yes, I was concerned and, yes, I stayed on top of information as it came out. No, I did not come straight home and pound away at the keyboard critiquing every move the district made. No, I did not succumb to the "sky is falling" mentality and blabber away how everything the schools did was wrong.

The kids were safe inside the schools. Lockdown and search procedures were warranted but anything above and beyond really was a waste and only added fuel to the psycho getting his rocks off over the media attention, ensuing chaos and the whipped up frenzy of keyboard soccer moms with their award winning dramatic reactions.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

People need to keep in mind that there are different aspects to a terrorist act (for now ill use the term terrorit until more info comes out).

* - Simply calling in a dirty bomb threat (with no bombs) accomplishes the goal of scaring the the crap out of parents / children. The children wont completely understand the threat.

* - If there are bombs it accomplishes the above, with a chnage in tactics where they are targeting civilians, in this case Children. It forces the conversation of if they cant protect our children what do we do.

* - The notification of the threat could have been used as an excuse just to get students / faculty outside, while emergency services arrive on scene. We have seen the tactic time and again of initiating a false panic to get people into an area where the real threat is.

Its like the guy who was bombing the abortion clinics back in the day. A minor explosion would occur, resulting in the response of emergency services. A second device then goes off, which takes out first responders.

As far as obtaining nuclear material, its a whole lot easier than what people may think.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
So we've seen a post office incident and now a school threat. Things are moving fast, the agenda is moving at full throttle. Imagine what comes next

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
So we've seen a post office incident and now a school threat. Things are moving fast, the agenda is moving at full throttle. Imagine what comes next

Didnt we also have some type of explosion in luggage at an airport? I thought I remeber seeing that come across the news channels earlier this week.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Thanks for your comments here and the return of rational debate to ATS.

My first and foremost question was what exactly was meant by "dirty" - biological, chemical, radiation, or nuclear.

No one ever cleared it up but it was an interesting add to the general threat, yes?

As many posters have pointed out, terror is the point. Maximum terror is obviously more advantageous, and it could have been a simple test-run to see how an average school system reacts when threatened in this most serious way. If I were planning something, it could yield invaluable data about how to plan for a real attack, or how to gauge a system's readiness to react to such a threat.

Not taking it seriously makes it easier to do the real thing.

Taking it seriously causes privacy and Constitutional issues with droid-like TSA agents, further causing minute but important resentments in average people.

None of this is good.....for us.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

I'm no expert on the things but, I believe a Dirty Bomb is just a type of radioactive bomb. They combine radioactive materials with normal explosives. Kaboom.

I'm pretty sure they are classified below a certain degree of damage? Meaning after a radioactive bomb becomes capable of doing so much damage, it would no longer be considered a dirty bomb.

Dirty Bombs aren't really created to kill people in huge amounts, it's really more about disruption. The results are horrible of course, but really the fear it puts into people is what they are created for.

I may be wrong about this, but thats what I've gathered from the little bits of reading I've done on them.

I've heard they think if one does go off not many people will die, or even get ill, I don't know about that though, but I know I've heard it said.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MCJustJ

Yes, and many know this, so the use of this term seems important.

This would point to the caller simply using a term he felt would convey the most danger with the least information.

If it is not related to some type of contaminant, and in different locations than the proximity of the school district, then it was clearly a hoax, but from an older man?

And I must say, if a threat happened to my children at their school, I would prefer to remove them and have the chance to save them, instead of waiting it out to see if it was a hoax. Surely most parents feel the same.

Again, it could have been purely for recon.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Oh you mean just like how they did exercises of actual events on 9/11, 7/7 London and Madrid when the real thing was actually happening? Interesting IT--

this. this, is -the- smoking gun if there ever was any.

on topic, nothing happened right?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
My apologies for the duplicate thread on this story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join