It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police say caller warned of five 'dirty bombs' in Genesee County schools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

State Police say caller warned of five 'dirty bombs' in Genesee County schools

www.mlive.com

GENESEE COUNTY, Michigan -- Michigan State Police say a caller today has warned of five "dirty bombs" in county schools, and at least one school district has put its campus on lockdown in response.

Michigan State Police contracted the county Intermediate School District, and an ISD spokesman said in an e-mail to The Flint Journal that the information has been passed to local schools.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mlive.com
edit on 11/4/2011 by tothetenthpower because: -Mod Edit- Use Exact Headline

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Person has called in stating that there are dirty bombs in several Flint Schools.
Looks like the State Police are really taking this seriously.
Hope that everyone is ok and this turns out to be a hoax.

Ok, anyone locally there that can confirm this?

If this is true, then I wonder where the bombs came from?

www.mlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Another link
wfnt.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yikes!!

I hope this is just a "prank" call.
I kind of suspect it is, but....yikes.

link   
wasn't this the premise of die hard 3? -_- also how dirty? we talking chunks of uranium here or biochemical?

either way thats messed up man, call the bomb squad, hell call ghost busters, do not let some twisted ** mess with your kids! >_> peace im out, srsly my prayers go to y'all.

link   
That's hitting fairly close to home. To be honest, Flint is one of the last places I would have expected a story like this to happen. It sounds like some meth head just making nonsense threats. Well, hopefully that's all it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm a bit away, but they are reporting it on the local channel 12 news. As many problems as Flint is having right now already, they don't need this. I hope it is a hoax..

I've got family there, no school age, but I'm going to call when I get home.
edit on 4-11-2011 by chiefsmom because: add

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I certainly hope this guy is lying, I suspect that he is. But what is his motive? Why would he call the police and state something of such ridiculousness. I hope I am right.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I doubt there are five *dirty bombs*

a dirty bomb is a nuclear device comprised in a briefcase,
suitcase ect.. It goes off at ground level launching nuclear
dust particles in the air and contaminates the ground with nuclear
material hence the name dirty.

Which is different then a nuclear device that explodes in the air
over the ground, not contaminating the area and not sending
the nuclear dust particles in the air

I'm calling it just a threat.

If someone is really going to set off a bomb in that way there not going
to announce it, it will just be done without warning.
edit on 4-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow, targeting children... that's extremely low!

If this caller is caught he/ she needs a dirty bomb ignited underneath their satchel!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I really do hate to be this guy, but...if one goes off, get the hell out of there. radioactive particles may not cause a nuclear explosion, but would render the area lethal for -years- =(

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A lot of sh!t is hitting the fan right about now...

*Israel tests new missile capable of delivering a nuclear payload to Iran.
*Israel announces building 2.000 more settlements in the Muslim part of Jerusalem pissing off Germany and more.
*Pakistan and its nuclear arms are slowly falling into the hands of extremists.
*US and Israel throw fits on UN's vote regarding Palestine.
*Iran is about to be attacked and possibly nuked by Israel & Co.
*OWS is escalating and the cops are starting to get even more violent.
*Greece is about to fall, taking France and the rest of the EU with it.
*Libya has been handed over to extremists and there are rumors of uncovered nukes in Libya.
*Israel boards yet more ships in international waters, causing more instability and outrage.
etc. etc. etc.

And now this... There's no doubt in my mind that if even a single dirty bomb would go "poof" in the USA, the American response will be very much nuclear (Be it false flag or not) and with the world already being in the pre-apocalyptic chaos that we are in, everything will go batsh!t insane.

Is it me or does it look we are screwed in every imaginable way, shape and form and WW3 can start aaaany minute now...

IT--
edit on 4-11-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Of course this is just a prank call or, at the very worst, embellishment on real devices that are nothing like described.

What a scary new way to actually cause damage though. They can't ignore a call like this. Imagine what would happen if it wasn't a bluff..just once. So the cost to respond where the nature of this threat is taken seriously must be a stunning figure.

In a place like Michigan where budgets are already about dry, how many of these would it take to just flatten the city funds? I hope this isn't the start of a trend. Even every one as a false alarm would have real bad effects in this economy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
State Police: "We think there are dirty bombs planted in the school!"

School: "Okay, we'll keep all the kids inside all day long and announce it on the news."

What am I missing here?

They should evacuate IMMEDIATELY, but I guess the schools will lose money if they let all the kids out, as they are paid a certain amount per kid, per day.

Originally posted by edog11
Is it me or does it look we are screwed in every imaginable way, shape and form and WW3 can start aaaany minute now...

I think when future generations look back on this time, they will say that WWIII started up before today's date.... meaning we are already well into WWIII, we just don't know it yet because we don't see the bombs yet.

The wheels are already in motion and there's no brakes on the damn car.
edit on 11/4/2011 by DieBravely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
WOW!!!

I really hope there is nothing to this but just a prank. Is this in the same city or state an explosive went off in some US post office? *sigh* I guess I need to watch the news, huh?

There is just too much sinister stuff going on. Will be keeping my eye on this thread to see if anything develops. Thanks for keeping us informed OP. S&F!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

They should evacuate IMMEDIATELY, but I guess the schools will lose money if they let all the kids out, as they are paid a certain amount per kid, per day.
reply to post by DieBravely

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking too. I mean....if this were my kids.....WOW!!!!
They better let me in to get my kids or there will be war all up in that school! Give me my kids and carry on, ya know. I bet the parents are freaking out as I know I would be.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by edog11

And now this... There's no doubt in my mind that if even a single dirty bomb would go "poof" in the USA, the American response will be very much nuclear (Be it false flag or not) and with the world already being in the pre-apocalyptic chaos that we are in, everything will go batsh!t insane.

And.....they are doing excersizes in Phoenix, AZ today, for just such a scenario!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Uh oh! Looks like someone forgot to study for a big test!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

exactly, lock down or not my child is leaving that building and coming home with me! I can't believe they arent evacuating as one member stated on here. I pray that for the lack of safety planning by the schools that this is a "prank" of sorts.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And now........they can welcome the TSA into schools. Children will be groped daily. Get the parents filled with fear so the TSA can be everywhere. Start with the kids and get them trained early.

My children are in private school, maybe its time for home schooling. I'm an hour south of Flint. Too close for me.

<<   2 >>

join