It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Video) Quantum Levitation: I Want This On My Car, NOW.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here is a question could this technique be better suited for something in space where it's a bit on the cold side? Just a thought...would the magnets be somehow less magnetic when they become cold rather than the ambient temperature here on earth?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well Matel has 4 more years to develop this for my hoverboard so they better get to it!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

magnets that are supercooled become more powerful like the magnets found in the Large Hadron Collider at CERN

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity
good point but our gravity isn't our magnetic field. also it wouldn't be frictionless because the system you propose would be dependent on our drag stricken atmosphere to propel the craft.

That is why I used the qualifier supercavitating
en.wikipedia.org...
It would all but nullify the effects of friction in the atmosphere..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The power of magnetism has always amazed me since I was a young boy. This technology has aready been mastered by the most powerful Sheople Nations on planet Earth. Not to mention Alien civilizations. Can you imagine what something like this on a larger scale could produce? It's mind twisting. Great thread. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
forget the car, i want this adapted to my bedroom mattress....Could you imagine doing the number in an inverted position

I think you might have issues with.. ummm shrinkage... considering liquid nitrogen is involved.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Find a way to power it. Because you're kidding yourself if you think it will stay that cold.

Also do you see how easily he moves it up and down? It clearly cannot support any real weight.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I watched this a few months ago was quite intresting, explains the idea of anti gravity and goes on to explain super fluids and such. I'm not at all knowledgeable in this area but its broken down nicely for even me to understand!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
dont believe all the bs.search mercury engine on this sight and go to the last two pages.pull up the patent numbers and read them and also read my post.you can get the pure iron pipe from american elements and the mercury from old thermostats or somewhere else.just be careful and goodluck.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
what?
how can one go under a second disk
and it have no effect on each othere?

I wish they would find the room temp super conductor.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
paul chu? found one at liquid nitrogen temp.the university of houston.i think it had barrium and yttrium in it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thinking of this from an electric universe stance, would it be slightly possible to supercool such material as wood, stone or plastic and have similar effects as shown in the video? Also, would there be an increase of the cooling effect liquid nitrogen has on an object or material (i'll pick mercury) if it was done in a vacuum?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
there are less molecules in a vacuum so there is less heat transfer.think of it like an air conditioning coil.when humidity is high,the coil is more efficient.when air is dry then less efficient.thats why they use water coolers in the desert.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think transport will be the big thing that comes out of this - i.e. Mag-lev trains as in the video.

Imagine being able to transport things across vast distances without spending much energy at all, with trains and tracks that have no moving parts and therefore very little maintenance. Most importantly - no oil!

The challenges that remain are sorting out the cooling aspect so it stays hovering and also how to power the system without burning fossil fuels.

Very awesome, exciting and promissing stuff!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
..this tech is from the 1940 !..so what!..do you see it on real ? no ..and by the way who has permanent ,magnets??? only USA after he robbed all the planet THANKS for be the revolutionary country !..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If what we see is magnetism, then how come the disk can be tilted in relation to the track underneath?

And why is the disk not pushed away by the repulsive magnetic force?

If anyone has tried to balance a magnet over another magnet, he/she knows that what is shown in the video is impossible to do.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
If what we see is magnetism, then how come the disk can be tilted in relation to the track underneath?
The track is a simple magnet, or a series of them.

The superconducting disk is not a simple magnet. So there's more than simple magnetism going on,

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
forget the car, i want this adapted to my bedroom mattress....Could you imagine doing the number in an inverted positionlo

lol. Thas a nice one
But how are you gonna overcome the supercooling

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
there are less molecules in a vacuum so there is less heat transfer.think of it like an air conditioning coil.when humidity is high,the coil is more efficient.when air is dry then less efficient.thats why they use water coolers in the desert.

err... the air con bit is the other way around

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join