It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

250 participate in peaceful Occupy Reno march

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

250 participate in peaceful Occupy Reno march

www.rgj.com

Reno became the site of the biggest little occupation in the world Saturday after supporters of the Occupy Wall Street movement marched downtown.

The Reno demonstration, which was organized through the Internet and social media, attracted a cross-section of the community:Young and old and wearing suits and ties, T-shirts and jeans and everything in between.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rgj.com

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Occupy reno? Really? We are a small-ish town that has no goverment power what so ever. I saw these people when I was going to a UNR football game and literally faceplamed myself. Really? This is getting WAY out of hand.

Now dont get me wrong, I would totally march with these people, if 75% of them were not stuck up college kids, crackpots, and seniors that want a discount on everything.

www.rgj.com

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I'm guessing you went up to everyone who is marching and asked them why they are there.
Right?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Now dont get me wrong, I would totally march with these people, if 75% of them were not stuck up college kids, crackpots, and seniors that want a discount on everything.

I'm a little confused, please help me out. Are you saying that you like the Occupy ideas and would march with them if the other marchers weren't so dorky?

Occupy hasn't won me over yet, (and, to be honest, I don't think they will) but don't you need a better reason to avoid them? Would you march if they were all cool kids?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by spw184

I'm guessing you went up to everyone who is marching and asked them why they are there.
Right?

No, I was driving,

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I'm a little confused, please help me out. Are you saying that you like the Occupy ideas and would march with them if the other marchers weren't so dorky?

Occupy hasn't won me over yet, (and, to be honest, I don't think they will) but don't you need a better reason to avoid them? Would you march if they were all cool kids?

The key values are understandable, but the weird fringe is... "scary" I guess you could say.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Dear spw184,

I think I understand. I've walked into some places where, even though nobody said a word, I knew I had better get out quick. I just wasn't in the right place.

Yours is a good enough reason for me.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by spw184

Dear spw184,

I think I understand. I've walked into some places where, even though nobody said a word, I knew I had better get out quick. I just wasn't in the right place.

Yours is a good enough reason for me.

With respect,
Charles1952

Yes, Like when you walk into a store, see a druggie in the corner talking to a bag of chips, turn around, and walk out.

One this that was really depressing is that one of the protesters, holding a sign was a 3-5 year old boy. Its sad that we are bringing toddlers into this.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by spw184

Right?

No, I was driving,

Then why are you assuming their purpose?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by spw184

Right?

No, I was driving,

Then why are you assuming their purpose?

Gee, I dont know, maybe the signs with cliche phrases like : "Rights are for people not corps" or "We are the 1%" or what about the giant sign that said " Occupy Reno"

Sure, maybe they where just holding thoses signs because they were trying to make a fashion statement and just wanted to take a 5 mile stroll through downtown reno. But I Think my assumption is correct.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Occupy reno? Really? We are a small-ish town that has no goverment power what so ever. I saw these people when I was going to a UNR football game and literally faceplamed myself. Really? This is getting WAY out of hand.

www.rgj.com

You aren't understanding me.
You "assumed" that 75% of them were "stuck up college kids, crackpots, and seniors that want a discount on everything".
I hardly believe you figured all this out by driving by.

Also, you say these are the reasons NOT to march with them.
Seems like you are making excuses, and justifying it.
edit on 15-10-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

www.rgj.com

You "assumed" that 75% of them were "stuck up college kids, crackpots, and seniors that want a discount on everything".

Oh, ok so that was an assumption, but from what I saw, many of them were old, many looked druggie-old ( you know the look im talking about) and many where young douchebags with beardstubble and aviators.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

www.rgj.com

Oh, ok so that was an assumption, but from what I saw, many of them were old, many looked druggie-old ( you know the look im talking about) and many where young douchebags with beardstubble and aviators.

So you are judging them off of their appearance?
I see.
I could say that you like to sing Justin Bieber songs, because of your hair. I wont though.
edit on 15-10-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yes, yes I am.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

All right, I can't speak for him but let's assume for a minute that he has no rational, logically verifiable reason for believing as he does and avoiding the march. Two thoughts come to mind:

Does his reason have to be rational?

Are the marchers' reasons for being there rational? Perhaps most are, but I've seen too many "I just felt like I had to do something. " or some other non-rational reason.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by spw184

Right?

I am sure each individual knows why they are there.

Do they know why the guy next to them is there? Or the guy next to him?

edit on 15-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't know neither do I care.
I just don't think it's right to dismiss what a group is doing.
JUST because of their appearance.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Ok, than you can go march with the hobo brigade, and I think I'll stay home and enjoy an conjuncta-funk free day.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What do you think of Hollywood?

Have you ever judged all of Hollywood because of a celebrities actions or their politics?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

Can't you just say,
"I like talking about a revolution and all, I'm just too lazy to do anything."
Instead of discrediting their movement.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join